4 year progress and Maxiglide results, pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetCaramel1

hey ladies. i got my maxiglide and decided to try it out on my daughter. i've been trying to grow out her hair for years now and can finally see results. at 3 years old, i noticed her hair was short but i was washing/conditioning weekly. i started seeing results once i stopped ponytailing and started braiding.

3 years old. i stopped using the little black plastic rubberbands and started braiding
3years.jpg

4 years old, a lot better but still short. i kept braiding.............
4years.jpg

5 years old, her hair was thicker and longer
5years.jpg

6 years old, stopped braiding. her hair was long enough for plats now which are a lot faster
6years.jpg

7 years old, 2009. the right side is blow-dried but still thick and would not lie flat. her hair is natural, i would say about a 4a.
IMGP0519.jpg

results of the maxiglide. i started off on "5" but ended up on "7". it's a high setting but her hair hasn't seen heat in 2 years so i figured it was ok this one time. i used silk elements heat protectant.
IMGP0528.jpg

a closer view to show her hair is not dry, i think it's my camera :spinning:. the results were good but i'm too salty her hair is longer than mine now :giggle:. i trimmed off about an inch, but she really needs a good 2-3 inches off. considering she hasn't had a trim in 2 years overall her hair condition was decent. these pics are before i trimmed.

the whole process (wash, cond, blow-dry and maxi) took about 5 hours. i tried to do the blow-dry technique posted by saloncabelo (youtube) but her hair laughed at me (although it did work for my hair). i'm happy with the results but for the sake of time won't be able to do this again anytime soon.
IMGP0532.jpg

Beautiful hair, whats her reggie? and how often do you wash?

thank you. well i'm ashamed to say that i can only get to her head once a week, sometimes every two weeks.

i've tried so many products over the years but she has a very basic routine. wash with con. when i have time i deep cond with ors pak and seal with olive oil.

it's very basic due to time right now. but no matter what wash with con and seal with olive oil. sometimes i use mango butter when i have it on hand. i plat it so there's really no manipulation throughout the week and she wears a silk scarf to bed. i just gave her my silk pillowcase a few weeks ago.

Beautiful! When you braided her hair, how long did the braids lasts and what type of moisterizer did you use?

thank you. when i braided they would last two weeks. i tried many moisturizers over the years (mane n tail carrot, liv, kids organic, ors-the green one in the bottle, etc..). they were all ok. the braids locked in the moisture and i always sealed with olive oil. i want to try coconut oil soon.

thats good, im impressed.. i tell my sister all the time to keep my niece hair braided and she will retain length on her 3c/4a hair..(she have started). i will have to show her this post, cuz my niece is five and her lil ponies is about 3 inches longer than your little one whn she was 3.

WOW!!! Great progress! My daughter is 3 right now and her hair is the length of your daughter's in her pic when she is 3. I hope when my daughter gets that age her air is that long! I wash her hair while in braids with beads I shampoo with ORS Herbal Cleanse Dry Shampoo the first week. The 2nd week her hair comes down and I shampoo and condition her hair as well as deep condition. She only wears her hair in bradis. I give her hair a break for a week. Thanks for sharing!

That's a gorgeous head of natural hair. Kudos to you for being patient and finding what works for her and not resorting to chemicals or crazy amounts of heat on the regular.

Back