4 year: HAIR GROWTH CHART

Rae1234

Can someone please post the 4year hair growth chart! the one with redhead woman. and also the split ends chart this would be greatly appreciated:grin:

chartforcallalily5ho.jpg

This is what it says:

Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

* ONE YEAR
The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.

Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

* TWO YEARS
Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows as average six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

* THREE YEARS
Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

This is what it says:

Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

* ONE YEAR
The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.

Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

* TWO YEARS
Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows as average six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

* THREE YEARS
Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

awww thank you sooo much... i couldnt see it either:grin:

What's the point of the split ends chart? How is that going to help us?

Seriously. I don't know if I missed something.

To show you the various types of split ends. Either you they need to be cut off but it helps you identify them better.

Identify them for what? I understand some may want to cut split ends, but what's the point of identifying them w/ these special names and classes?

Last edited:
Anybody knows what causes the "white spots"? That one looks interesting. Oh and I'm talking about the split ends chart.

Identify them for what? I understand some may want to cut split ends, but what's the point of identifying them w/ these special names and classes?

I didn't know that when a strand ends with a really bent piece, it had a split end. Without this chart, I just would have thought my ends weren't straight. Now I know that when I find a right-angle end, it needs to be snipped.

I included the quote from the individual who requested the chart Rae1234. Not sure why she requested, I just fulfilled her request. :yep:

This is what it says:

Okay, I was really confused. Because if a hair has a life span of 2 years, how could she have hair on her head that's 4 years old? Looking closer, I see that it says "two to five" years. Which is interesting. Because if your hair's lifespan is 2 years and you grow an average amount (6") in a years, you top out at 12" from root to tip. Not even thinking about what you top out at if you grow less than the average amount. I wonder where people get these figures from.

Thanks so much for this. I was trying to see at what rate my hair is growing. It looks like it's right on time!!

And I've never seen that split ends chart before. I usually have the baby splits.

That right angle split has got me wanting to do some serious trimming.

Last edited:
I didn't know that when a strand ends with a really bent piece, it had a split end. Without this chart, I just would have thought my ends weren't straight. Now I know that when I find a right-angle end, it needs to be snipped.

Shoot, I thought the "crinkle" meant I needed more heat :lol:

Okay, I was really confused. Because if a hair has a life span of 2 years, how could she have hair on her head that's 4 years old? Looking closer, I see that it says "two to five" years. Which is interesting. Because if your hair's lifespan is 2 years and you grow an average amount (6") in a years, you top out at 12" from root to tip. Not even thinking about what you top out at if you grow less than the average amount. I wonder where people get these figures from.

So true, my hair grows about 4-4.5"/year so I should have hair that's 10-11.5" which should be shedding and allowing newer hairs to take its place BUT sitting here typing the hairs on my head range from 10-13". And I have gotten my hair as long as 16-17" before so I'm not sure what they are talking about :lol:

I feel better after viewing the chart. I keep thinking my hair should be a lot longer after 2 full years of hair care but counting setbacks and cuts and inconsistencies I guess I'm close to where I should be. 2 more years to go, huh? (MegaTek here I come :lachen:)

Back