3Cs/4As who texturize

audacity.

what are you using and how are you using it? i am not looking for specific "technique" but more what product(s) you use when you texturize and how you use them - please list the type of texturizer or relaxer as well.

for example, are you using just straight application or are you mixing your relaxer with something? are you pretreating your hair prior to texturizing?

thanks!

klb120475

Bumping for DenverG....

Sorry, I don't have a clue....i still get confused when it comes to texturizing and telaxing.:confused:

audacity.

thanks, klb! i know there are some gorgeous texturized heads on the forum and i am just waiting some of them to share. :look:

ashmack

I am texturized. I am not sure what texlaxed is. My stylist uses an actual texturizer, but I have never asked the name, sorry. However, she does not pretreat my hair with anything. I know it's not as straightening as a relaxer because even when i used to relax i never left it on my hair longer than 10 min from start to finish, but my hair would always come out super straight. However, with the texturizer, I have a nice wave pattern now, and my hair is never straight. I actually have defined waves. My stylist applies it just how you would apply a relaxer, only on the new growth. I've never timed it, but I think it's on my hair for 10-15min. I get one every 3-4 months. I'm sorry I can't think of the name though.

audacity.

ummmm....this applies to texlaxed heads, too...;)

thanks for the info ashmack. can you flatiron your hair, too, without "reversing" the process?

divya

Well, I was using either Revlon or Mizani - whatever my stylist had at the time. All that was applied was some vaseline and then the relaxer for a very short time.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I mix Silk Elements Mild with a cholesterol conditioner (half and half) and leave on for 4-8 minutes (kinkiest section gets longer time).

nomadpixi

nubianqt86 said:
I mix Silk Elements Mild with a cholesterol conditioner (half and half) and leave on for 4-8 minutes (kinkiest section gets longer time).

This sounds like a great idea. I love the shine from this relaxer, but it straigtens me too much. How does this process work for you (how much curl do you get)?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
nomadpixi said:
This sounds like a great idea. I love the shine from this relaxer, but it straigtens me too much. How does this process work for you (how much curl do you get)?

It works well, but took some experimenting to get the timing right. I started with less time and processed again when it wasn't processed enough (my kinky section). As far as amount of curl, I'm not sure how to answer that, but check out my fotki if you need a visual.

audacity.

nubian: your tex... is so LOVELY!!! :love: i LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing your "recipe".

destiny: thanks for the link.

sareca

I'm 4a and I use Phyto Index II to get about 50% relaxation. I add in protein and next time oil.

ashmack

DenverGirl said:
ummmm....this applies to texlaxed heads, too...;)

thanks for the info ashmack. can you flatiron your hair, too, without "reversing" the process?

Yes. I usually wear my hair in straight styles. My hair lasts about 3 weeks when i roller wrap it and flat iron in out smooth.