3b/c's post workout hair

curlilocs

What do you do to your hair after your workouts in the gym? I sweat like crazy and my hair is usally soaking wet at the roots when I leave the gym. I have been rinsing it everyday or twisting it up when I get home while it's still damp. I'm wondering if sweat will work for or against my hair :confused: I'm a 3b relaxed but I think my natural hair will be a mix. The minute water hits it it begins to curl.

What are some of your routines for that after workout hair?

EXSQUISIT

I work out 6 days a week. I do a conditioner wash everyday with a cheapie conditioner, then I wrap a towel over it until it's not dripping wet anymore. I apply my leave in and and oil to seal it and then just do 6-8 braids. The next day I do a braidout. This is how I wear it for the week until my wash comes up on Saturday. HTH:)

moda

I know exactly what you mean, I had to give up some of my styles when I began working out more. I usually cw after a workout, on days that my workout is not as strenuous I apply a moisturizer and wrap it up. Rollersets, braidouts, & twistouts are the styles that work best for me.

chocolate01

ms_jennifer said:
I work out 6 days a week. I do a conditioner wash everyday with a cheapie conditioner, then I wrap a towel over it until it's not dripping wet anymore. I apply my leave in and and oil to seal it and then just do 6-8 braids. The next day I do a braidout. This is how I wear it for the week until my wash comes up on Saturday. HTH:)

Same here. If I don't wear my hair in a braidout i'll just CW and put my hair in a ponytail and call it a day.

curlilocs

cincybrownsugar said:
I know exactly what you mean, I had to give up some of my styles when I began working out more. I usually cw after a workout, on days that my workout is not as strenuous I apply a moisturizer and wrap it up. Rollersets, braidouts, & twistouts are the styles that work best for me.

Your hair looks devine in your album! I think we are very close to being hair twins! Thanks for sharing your routine!

moda

curlilocs said:
Your hair looks devine in your album! I think we are very close to being hair twins! Thanks for sharing your routine!

Thanks Curlilocs :) I wish you well in finding a routine that works for you!