2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

Join the Challenge
  1. Current hair length = APL
  2. Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning = Natural
  3. Goal Month = June 2016
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices = REGGIE: LCO, butter ends, massage scalp & baggy overnight daily; PrePoo DC & CW on Tuesdays; Alternate between PrePoo DC & CW and Oil PrePoo & Shampoo on Saturdays; Invert 1 week/month. STYLES: I will protective style in wigs (49%), buns, & updos (24%), braids & twists (24%) and various loose styles (3%).
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? I am 2.5 inches away from BSL and I don't think any changes are needed at this time.
  6. Post a beginning picture
upload_2015-12-25_20-18-2.png

Not an official starting picture but this will be my style of choice under my wigs
Your cornrows are long:eek:. They're down the back of your shirt!

@trclemons Welcome! You'll be BSL in no time.

Sitting with prepoo in my hair. I'm nice and stuffed. Waiting on my sons to get finished eating so I can put up the rest of the food. I plan on putting my mini twists back in. I have to get back in the gym and hit it hard.

Was your hair in twists with extensions?...

You can definitely do it! Your hair will fill out. I snatched a bald spot in my head a couple of years ago. I can't find that hair that grew in. You got it! You were always positive in the 2015 thread. It's hard to keep that up when you're going through something though and that's ok. :bighug:

Yes it was with extensions. I'm going to put them in again when I get around to it, but this time I'm going to make sure I prepare my hair well and have ample moisturizing spray

Thank you for the eHug lol. Im being a bit gloria gloomy. (I made that up ha!) I was positive until I blew out my hair the other day. It didn't come out well. I half did it too. I need a brush to blow it out or a dryer with a comb attachment. Also, I should have clipped my ends. I'll try again after another dc.

So, I'll clip it, slather leave in and coconut oil and Shea Butter on it and put it in twists with extensions sometime between now and the beginning of 2016

I'm in!!

1. Current hair length: SL
  2. Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed
  3. Goal Month: APL by May 2016 and BSL by Dec 2016
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices: Wash/DC weekly with Steam(just got a steamer). Alternate between wigs and buns. M&S nightly. Baggy my ends at least 3x a week. Protect my ends. Prepoo overnight. Continue with no heat.
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? More scalp massages, continue and being consistent with taking my vitamin
  6. Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• Freshly Relaxed 12-23-15 -1.JPG
    Freshly Relaxed 12-23-15 -1.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 49
Welcome @25Nona!:welcome4:
Your relaxed hair is so full at shoulder length. When my hair was relaxed, that was the point where my nape would break off. What vitamins do you take?
Thanks so much I just moved from GNC hair skin and nails and started taking Manetabolism. Hoping that they will give me a growth spurt. And I am going to up my water intake.

@apple_natural Gloria Gloomy...LOL!Tell Gloria that she's been listened to and you got everything under control. I broke a tooth in my comb attachment. I have done a blowout with my paddle brush before and it was almost as good. I need to practice more. I have to either buy a new handheld blow dryer with a comb attachment or replace the comb attachment. I need about 3 of them. LOL!

You have a solid plan for treating your hair before you put in your extensions. I hope your ends are fine. The Shea butter will definitely help in keeping the extension braid hair from drying out your ends. Will you post a picture of the style?

@ladybevy Welcome to the challenge! :welcome4: You also have a full head of hair. Your regimen is solid. I can see while I was relaxed I never took care of my ends. What vitamin are you taking?

@25Nona Please, share your results from taking Manetabolism. Are you going to use them for 6 months? I take a multivitamin but not one specifically for hair. It has a hair and nail blend in it, though. I want to try a hair and nails vitamin. I'm not sure which though.

ok. so here we go
  1. Current hair length = SL
  2. Natural
  3. Goal Month = apl by september to be large :)
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices = keeping hair stretched in updos + box braids, dc, dusting low manupulation., massaging scalp at least 4 times a week.
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?= workout even more, take vitamins a few months (i eat healthy already).sleep more (before midnight
  6. Post a beginning picture = voilà (i trimmed yersterday and tried straighetning the back for lenght check...which reverted as soon as i put down the flat iron ):

Screenshot_2015-12-27-23-27-48.png

@ladybevy Welcome to the challenge! :welcome4: You also have a full head of hair. Your regimen is solid. I can see while I was relaxed I never took care of my ends. What vitamin are you taking?

@25Nona Please, share your results from taking Manetabolism. Are you going to use them for 6 months? I take a multivitamin but not one specifically for hair. It has a hair and nail blend in it, though. I want to try a hair and nails vitamin. I'm not sure which though.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Right now I am taking the phytospecific cap'energy supplement. Mainly to help thicken my hair. Only been taking it for almost a month now.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Right now I am taking the phytospecific cap'energy supplement. Mainly to help thicken my hair. Only been taking it for almost a month now.
Please share your results. I wonder if that's the one was checking out yesterday online. I know I want to try something. I better get the hang of taking my multivitamin first, but I will still research. I know too much biotin and I break out.

After almost 13 hours, I'm finally done twisting my hair. I made some flaxseed gel yesterday. I'm using that on my edges instead of store bought gel. I'll touch up my edges weekly. I may re-twist certain sections as time goes by. I remember taking the smaller ones down before and they have the potential to knot up at the ends if I'm not careful. I won't let that happen this time. I took a picture of my short twists from left side. There are three. I need this to help me see if I'm progressing as the year goes on. The other two show the size. Now, time for a long shower.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 43
After almost 13 hours, I'm finally done twisting my hair. I made some flaxseed gel yesterday. I'm using that on my edges instead of store bought gel. I'll touch up my edges weekly. I may re-twist certain sections as time goes by. I remember taking the smaller ones down before and they have the potential to knot up at the ends if I'm not careful. I won't let that happen this time. I took a picture of my short twists from left side. There are three. I need this to help me see if I'm progressing as the year goes on. The other two show the size. Now, time for a long shower.
your hair is long. Bsl in 2016 for sure.

Did you trim it yourself? Your hair looks good. It is shiny, thick and even. I'm glad you're excited and most definitely no setbacks.
yes i trimmed on my own. Im actually fixing à setback...protein overload. Ive been dc like crazy since last week-end. moisture moisture moisture.zéro protein. And a trim.its feeling better from day To day.I think my mix (water oil glycerin)plus sealing loc method is working.

yes i trimmed on my own. Im actually fixing à setback...protein overload. Ive been dc like crazy since last week-end. moisture moisture moisture.zéro protein. And a trim.its feeling better from day To day.I think my mix (water oil glycerin)plus sealing loc method is working.
I'm sorry about the protein overload. You did a fantastic job trimming your own hair. I like your moisture mix, too. You may have made a mistake but you've come up with a simple plan to correct the issue. Loc works me, too. I only have to moisturize every other night because of it.

I'm sorry about the protein overload. You did a fantastic job trimming your own hair. I like your moisture mix, too. You may have made a mistake but you've come up with a simple plan to correct the issue. Loc works me, too. I only have to moisturize every other night because of it.
yeah its less dry and breakage is almost zero now :)

i also dont need to moisturize it everyday with my mixture + loc method. yayyyyyyy

yeah use it if it works ! my glycerin was sitting there for months and i just took it out this week because of the damaged hair
I've been using S-Curl which has glycerin in it. I love that stuff. Once I finish this bottle, I will mix something up. I haven't done a mix in a long time.

Today, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca CW on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd & rinsed it out, and rinsed out 80% of the Aussie Moist Conditioner.

Air dried and LCOB'd with Cream & Coco Flower Martini Mist, KJ Naturals Lavendar & Lemongrass Leave In, Entwine's Argan Oil on length, Keravada Oil on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO around the edges and Original Moxie Mango & Tacuma Butter on ends.

I have massaged my scalp and I will baggy overnight. My scalp and hair is :yay:.

Back