2015 WIG CHALLENGE

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm planning on protective styling long term with wigs. Here's my wig made using ONYC's relaxed perm hair and closure. It's 2 bundles of 14 & 16" and a 14-16" closure. I have an appointment to get my hair braided underneath with my stylist at Reniece and co., November 3rd. Until then, I will be doing it myself as best as I can because I can't cornrow well. The plan is to leave the cornrows in for 6 weeks at a time. I'm hopeful that this regimen works for me.
This looks beautiful! And you're going to be getting it done by one of the best. I'm so jelly wish she came to Texas lol

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
Enitre year
2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
Protective styling and hair retention. I quite frankly do not have the time to dedicate to my hair for weekly loose washing and styling, only for it to not turn out right or last only a few days, so this is a great option for me. I am 4b natural and I love natural, however, I have started this regimen with a straight hair wig due to having recently been in a wedding. I have some ONYC 3c-4a hair that I'm getting ready to have made into a wig as well and will rock that more with an occasional straight hair wig switch up.
3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
Natural since 2008
4.Current hair length:
Not sure, I don't length check but if I were to guess APL.
5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)
Cornrows, likely in a beehive. As mentioned above, I will get my hair braided officially November 3rd and every 6 weeks thereafter, so whatever pattern Reniece and her stylists use.
6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):
Holding
7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:
See post above
Welcome! :)

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I had a dream that some how my wig disappeared midway through....
Please don't let that happen in real life that is my silent plea.

FollicleFanatic

^like it flew off? :lachen:

Putting my wig on everyday has made my hair life so much easier!
I'm concerned with my edges though. When I remove the wig the lace catches a bit on my edges. Having them snatched away isn't an option.

How is everyone preventing this?

cherishlove

^like it flew off? :lachen:

Putting my wig on everyday has made my hair life so much easier!
I'm concerned with my edges though. When I remove the wig the lace catches a bit on my edges. Having them snatched away isn't an option.

How is everyone preventing this?

My wigs have very soft lace but what I have done before is sewn silk the color of my skin to the inside of the wig.

thatscuteright

I'm planning on protective styling long term with wigs. Here's my wig made using ONYC's relaxed perm hair and closure. It's 2 bundles of 14 & 16" and a 14-16" closure. I have an appointment to get my hair braided underneath with my stylist at Reniece and co., November 3rd. Until then, I will be doing it myself as best as I can because I can't cornrow well. The plan is to leave the cornrows in for 6 weeks at a time. I'm hopeful that this regimen works for me.

This is really nice. Is it a full wig or half ? It looks really natural.

Smiley79

I am absolutely done with using Dome caps to make my wigs. All my hard work and the wig doesn't stay snug on my head. I'm gonna have to suck it up and start finding those Japanese Swim caps.

LadyPBC

I'm new to the thread party. Not tryna jack but can I ask one quick question?! Which is better if I'm coily but want to wear a straight lace wig - front lace or glueless? I want to keep all of my hair hidden. Thanks in advance!

cherishlove

I'm new to the thread party. Not tryna jack but can I ask one quick question?! Which is better if I'm coily but want to wear a straight lace wig - front lace or glueless? I want to keep all of my hair hidden. Thanks in advance!
I don't think it matters as long as all your hair is hidden. I braid in a beehive.

Last edited:

cherishlove

Can you ladies post your wig regimen?

I'll start with mine. I get my hair braided every 4-6 weeks in a beehive. While in a beehive I apply Hawaiian silky 14 n 1 and monistat cream. I wash or rinse about 3 times a week. When I wash I use Dr bronners. When I take my hair down I wash with Dr bronners and use nourish spa to condition blow dry and have my hair put back up into a beehive.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Regimen-

Shampoo, Protein, DC, moisturize and blowdry before braids.
Braids: cornrows 8-10 straight back.
Keep them in 6-8 weeks.
Shampoo scalp and cowash hair on Wednesdays

Daily scalp: oil mix
Moisturize first by spritzing distilled water then applying diluted SM JBCO leave in

Take down and do it over.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have 4c natural hair honestly I have never glued a wig down. I do not think it is necessary.
Bobbi pins work well.

cherishlove

Regimen-

Shampoo, Protein, DC, moisturize and blowdry before braids.
Braids: cornrows 8-10 straight back.
Keep them in 6-8 weeks.
Shampoo scalp and cowash hair on Wednesdays

Daily scalp: oil mix
Moisturize first by spritzing distilled water then applying diluted SM JBCO leave in

Take down and do it over.
Yes. I feel like I'm missing something. Im going to add protein and a moisturizer.