2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try this buddy thing again. I'm 6 weeks post. Next relaxer in 6 weeks the week of valentines day. Can we be buddies?

Happy New Year Relaxed Beauties! Let's get this year started right! Buddy up! Please post your stats so your buddy can find you:

How many weeks post are you right now? 1 week post Sat

How long are you stretching? 12 wks maximum

Any other info? Planning to bun for a year

Would love a Buddy!
Hair last relaxed 26th Dec. Willing to stretch for at leat 10 weeks.Actually read relaxing instructions correctly and my new growth is soft and slightly kinky.Texlaxed??
My hair is a 4 something.
Length currently collarbone?
Only joined few week ago and loving this experience,so much info and lovely peeps on here who willing to help and not laugh at your questions.
Would love thicker,stronger ,longer,healthier hair in 2013.(most would...)

Would like to be realistic and aim for full shoulder length or apl.

Look forward to being an inspirational,sincere and encouraging Buddy to someone out there.

Last edited:
I want a buddy!, I will be 2 weeks post on the 5th. I am trying to stretch to 16 weeks.

I will be 1 week post on the 5th. But I only plan to stretch 12 wk max. I just came off of a long stretch (17 wks). My hair really does not like them, so in 2013, I have made a vow to NOT stretch past 12 wks. Let me know if you would like to be my buddy.

Buddy Needed!!!

- 3 weeks post
- 12 week stretcher
- fully relaxed, no texlaxing
- currently going to salon, Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp
- about 1 1/2 in. below shoulder length
- can't do lye relaxers, burns my scalp and does not get me straight enough
- want to start self-relaxing with Mizani Butter Blend Sensitive Scalp or Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp (can't make up my mind)
- I have 7 more weeks to practice with conditioner and find a technique that works. My mom will assist with the back, for now.

Yeah, I have a texlax buddy.

Toy, I am 7 weeks also and will be 8 weeks on Friday. I plan to texlax at the end of the 12th week.

janeemat - Good luck with your bunning! I've been bunning for a few days and I remember why I love it. No worrying about my hair getting caught in stuff. My ends remain nice and moist all day. Plus, I retain like crazy when I bun.

I wore my hair out for all of 2012. I'm slowly leaning towards heavy bunning for 2013. :yep:

@janeemat - Good luck with your bunning! I've been bunning for a few days and I remember why I love it. No worrying about my hair getting caught in stuff. My ends remain nice and moist all day. Plus, I retain like crazy when I bun.

I wore my hair out for all of 2012. I'm slowly leaning towards heavy bunning for 2013. :yep:

Come join me bunning! Yep when my hair down I can't throw my purse over my shoulder without my hair getting caught.

KiWiStyle

I used the QB for a while and it made my hair feel wonderful. I tried all sorts of different products including Wheatgrass shampoo...YUK! I saw a WEN infomercial and read lots of good things here on LHCF and decided to try it. OMG, I love, love, love that stuff! Have you tried the styling cream? Soft, not greasy, smells luscious, great hold. I donated the QB to my DD. I think I probably have around 4 inches of new growth fingers crossed. Not BSL yet, I wanna be full BSL by this summer...I was in the MBL challenge-I know I was tellin a lie when I signed up...LOL. I can't wait to see how Wen works on freshly relaxed hair.

KiWiStyle

I used the QB for a while and it made my hair feel wonderful. I tried all sorts of different products including Wheatgrass shampoo...YUK! I saw a WEN infomercial and read lots of good things here on LHCF and decided to try it. OMG, I love, love, love that stuff! Have you tried the styling cream? Soft, not greasy, smells luscious, great hold. I donated the QB to my DD. I think I probably have around 4 inches of new growth fingers crossed. Not BSL yet, I wanna be full BSL by this summer...I was in the MBL challenge-I know I was tellin a lie when I signed up...LOL. I can't wait to see how Wen works on freshly relaxed hair.

Cattypus1 you gave up on your beloved QB, ll?! I haven't tried WEN styling cream but I did just introduce my strands to 613..this stuff is amazing and the smell is tantalizing, ummm! Full BSL, I can't wait to know what that feels like, I Hoping to at least be smack in between APL and BSL by Summer. MBL isn't too far from BSL, you never know...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yeah, I have a texlax buddy.

Toy, I am 7 weeks also and will be 8 weeks on Friday. I plan to texlax at the end of the 12th week.

Hey Rozlewis, I will be 8 wks on Sunday I'm trying to make it to relax at the end of 12 wks, I don't know if I will make it . I haven't before but I am trying very very hard this time..this is a goal of mine.

I need a buddy!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Hey everyone

I need a buddy too! Doesn't matter how many weeks post but i do plan to relax March 1. I don't know how many weeks post I forgot, I relaxed sometime in early dec but it didn't take at all, so I didn't really count that as an official relaxer. But anywhoo, a buddy would be nice!

ETA: I'm actually gonna go ahead and relax (get a corrective) this Sunday, that way I can have a fresh start.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

I need a buddy too! Doesn't matter how many weeks post but i do plan to relax March 1. I don't know how many weeks post I forgot, I relaxed sometime in early dec but it didn't take at all, so I didn't really count that as an official relaxer. But anywhoo, a buddy would be nice!

ETA: I'm actually gonna go ahead and relax (get a corrective) this Sunday, that way I can have a fresh start.

We can be buddies. My last relaxer was Dec/22/12. I usually can stretch for 12-16 weeks:grin:

janeemat - I'm rockin' another bun today, but I'm not quite ready to commit to a bunning regimen just yet. :look:

I'll see how far I go with it. I do know that I'll wear it out on the weekend. Dh can't take me wearing buns when I go out with him. :lol:

Hey Buddies!!:drunk: nickpoopie & Loving

I'm relaxing tonight due to a hot water situation tomorrow. I applied JBCO on my scalp this morning. If I like the Linange Relaxer Line then that will be my relaxer of choice. If I dont like it, then I am going to try ORS. I'm doing the half & half method.

My relaxer & Trim dates are:

Trim:1-1-13
Relaxer: 1-4-13

Trim:4-1-13
Relaxer:4-6-13

Trim:7-1-13
Relaxer:7-6-13

Trim:10-1-13
Relaxer:10-5-13

Trim:1-1-14
Relaxer:1-4-14

Its official! We're Buddy's
GrowAHead. Hey buddy. How's it growing? ;). I've been bunning for the last few weeks. I think I'll try a braidout this weekend after I DC. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow so I'm not sure how my new growth will react. We'll see. What are you doing to your hair on wash day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back