2012 HYH Challenge Session 2 - July 1- December 31, 2012

I am anxious for the next six months. When July gets here I will be officially 2 years post relaxer. I am dying to see my progress. I am so anxious to get back to bsl land...and then back to waist land where I think I will stay.

I am still in hiding! I'm doing a touch up soner than I planned but I'm going to trim and go back into hiding... I'm wearing a cute bob with bangs wig.

Just got an install this weekend to carry me through this year and probably into next year. I had a lot of growth and minimal shedding! Hiding my hair works for me

I was in a bun all week. I will be in my bun for half a week at least until Thursday because I graduate from college on Saturday. So I gotta put my long hair on..... #POW

I don't think my hair is as healthy as it used to be. I have a front bald spot, my edges have been pulled out since forever now, I recently cut a piece of my hair out in the back, and my hair just seems so dry. Starting to wonder if for 2013 should I cut it all off & just start fresh.

Hey Ladies,

Just a quick check-in. I used one of my cheat days for Thanksgiving. My mother was in town, saw my janky afro (it really was looking a bit pitiful), and said, "When are you going to do your hair?" I ended up straightening it for the first time in 2012.

She wears locs, so she wasn't actually suggesting that I should straighten it, but I figured I could do it once and I took the opportunity to trim my hair. Me and mommie are below.

I got sick and tired of wigs and am now rocking oversized twists with synthetic hair. Love them! Photos below.

That's about it! Ciao!

Attachments

• mommie.jpg
    mommie.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 21
I don't think my hair is as healthy as it used to be. I have a front bald spot, my edges have been pulled out since forever now, I recently cut a piece of my hair out in the back, and my hair just seems so dry. Starting to wonder if for 2013 should I cut it all off & just start fresh.

Awww I'm sorry to hear that. You maybe need to give the UPart a break and go into buns or something that you can M&S and DC like crazy.
If you feel that it can't be salvaged then gone and cut.

You should not have to cut it all. How about some extra TLC with some great products on a weekly basis. Then hiding it. Make sure it is no longer than a week, to up keep Ur moisture levels.
And changing up Ur styles are definitely a great idea..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Well I am just chilling. Hiding my hair as usual, been in these braids for 1 week may wash later this week.

I've been MIA for so long but I'm still using ps and getting to know and love my natural tresses more and more each day.. I'm back and ready for the next challenge.

Wow JJamiah nice to see you again your hair is amazing as always.

Still in hiding. Washing and treating my hair today and will put some smaller rows back in so I can cowash without them unraveling...

I've been MIA for so long but I'm still using ps and getting to know and love my natural tresses more and more each day.. I'm back and ready for the next challenge.

Wow @JJamiah nice to see you again your hair is amazing as always.

Awwww thanks so much ojemba :grin: Glad to see you back. I am in an out myself :grin:

I gotta stop wearing my wig for a while. I have given myself a bald spot! I will go into bunning for a while.

I figure there are two reveal threads floating around here. Ladies from the challenge if you want a seperate thread, I will start one :)

Back