2012 DC Challenge Part III (July 1st- Sept 30th)

Tried the pre condition....kinda. I put coconut oil and olive oil in my hair for about an hour prior to my silk dreams that I mixed with honey.about to rinse now after 4 hours with the mixture. Hoping for good results!

I wish I could deep condition more but after running a blow dryer down my twist and 7 hours dry time my hair is still damp. Sigh

Using the Silk Fusion 60 second reconstructor. Will DC w/ Skala Goat Milk masque and heat cap for about 10 minutes.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Last edited:
First time using wen. I used the cleansing conditioner and now im sitting in this hot house with the remoist treatment.

I heard good things about the conditioner but nothing on the remoist. Can anybody give any feedback? Im 10 mins in and I have a while till my hour is up.

ETA: I feel asleep so the results should be great right? No I dont like it at all. It didnt rinse out smooth it should be a glide.

Im doin my profectiv DC to correct that problem.

Last edited:
DC'ing now with hibiscus and marshmallow root tea, avg in my roots, avg mixed with SAA in my hair, AORM, oils mixed with agave and all topped off with millcreek keratin conditioner.

Jumping back into this game......its needed. And since I did a major trim on my hair, what better time!!!!!

@halee j count me in!
My transitioning hair craves moisture like no other, so I definitely have to be on top of my DC game!

For my DC, I spritzed a little of Claudie's Tea and covered it with MD Vanilla Repair and let it sit for a little over an hour.

Good morning!!! Cannot WAIT to deep condition this week!! I have heard so many rave reviews about Kenra moisturizing condish and since my daughter's coarse relaxed hair repels most conditioners I decided to give this a try. Ulta had a liter bottle for $15!!! Excitement to purchase and use!!!!

sckri23 i have a couple of dc that either did not work well with me or did nothing for me to continue use. Most of them are sealed and i have never used. PM me if you are interested in any of the following. Macadamia nut deep repair masque ( open used only once; i used up the first jar with no results have no idea why i bother opening the second one.), 2 bottle of AOGPB, one bottle each of AOWC and AOHR all unopen brand new, ordered from amazon, one unopen jar of Agadir moisture mask with keratin, proclaim intense hydrating masque 16 oz jar. The following are about half full: Alterna 10 masque ( first 2 jars were great, but the third one was horrible. Don't know if my hair got used to it or if i got an old product.) Although the product looked similar to my previous purchases, it didn't give me the same results. Bee mine Be-u-ti-ful deep conditioner, and Shea moisture deep treatment masque. I'm in NY so if you're from the area shipping shouldn't be too bad.

will be dc'ing with SE mega moisture. i might do a light protein treatment. (like leave it in for one minute before i shampoo)

DC'd with AO Rosa Mosqueta. Twisted my hair and for today, I'm not impressed.

I think skipping the conditioning poo step after clarifying was a wrong move.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Just rinsed out my over night henna (henna, amla, brahmi, silk peptide and tea) with my bobeam rootz bar and trader joe's nourish spa Now I'm DCing with a mix of Elucence, trader joe's nourish spa, GVP moisturizing conditioner, GVP conditioning balm, aphogee 2 minute keratin, and giovanni 50/50. I'm using my heat therapy wrap for about 2 hours then I'll let it sit. I might even leave it all day. I have very low porosity hair and my hair repels everything after henna so I need to give my DC time to absorb into my strands.

Doing a pre-poo with CON argan condish, AVJ and Rice bran oil. Will protein tx with Joico K-pak on the relaxed ends and DC with ORS replenishing.

ronie said:
sckri23 i have a couple of dc that either did not work well with me or did nothing for me to continue use. Most of them are sealed and i have never used. PM me if you are interested in any of the following. Macadamia nut deep repair masque ( open used only once; i used up the first jar with no results have no idea why i bother opening the second one.), 2 bottle of AOGPB, one bottle each of AOWC and AOHR all unopen brand new, ordered from amazon, one unopen jar of Agadir moisture mask with keratin, proclaim intense hydrating masque 16 oz jar. The following are about half full: Alterna 10 masque ( first 2 jars were great, but the third one was horrible. Don't know if my hair got used to it or if i got an old product.) Although the product looked similar to my previous purchases, it didn't give me the same results. Bee mine Be-u-ti-ful deep conditioner, and Shea moisture deep treatment masque. I'm in NY so if you're from the area shipping shouldn't be too bad.

Those are some really good dcs have you tried clarifying? Or a lil protein to help your hair retain moisture

Just WEN'd (pomegranate :lick:) I am now DCing with Hydroquench Coconut Mango Repairing Mask. I will rinse in a couple of hours and try some different techniques for a WNG.

lamaria211, i was lucky to learn about clarifying very early when i started browsing through lhcf. Therefore, i always clarify the day of or at least a week before i try a new dc. The ones i mention were tried with heat, without heat, from 30mn to over 2 hours. Some with better results than others but nothing consistent or lasting over a couple of hours. SE megasilk dc is amazing on my hair. It makes my hair so soft that 2 days later i have to remind myself to moisturize and seal, kerastase masquintense is my baby daddy, lol. I am just speechless at how it makes even my damaged relaxed hair look and feel until next wash day. Thing is it's just dang expensive. Then there's my beloved ORS replenishing pack: strong, moisturized, shiny hair every single time. Those 3 never fail. I always have them handy when trying something new; in case i get tangled dry hair i just reach for one and problem fixed. That's why i don't bother with anything else anymore. I rotate those 3, sometimes mix 2 of them in 1 session. Maybe when my hair gets in healthy stable state i will revisit the other ones or play with new things, but until then i'm avoiding setbacks.

Back