2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

reeko43

Wow, that Clala wig is too cute!!! If you get it please post pictures. I might have to try that on myself!

PeculiarDaye

I'm officially a Challenge Junkie, ((..Laughing..)). I hope it isn't to late to start Since I was already planning on Braiding it up this year since I want to make it to Waist Length and in hopes to graze Hip Length... I say WTHay, I might as well join a Challenge for it right? :)

Last edited:

Ijanei

Wow I made it a full week with this sew-in. That's 6 days longer than the last one, told yall I was gonna' be dedicated this time around. I wonder if I will get those 2 inches I need for APL by March.:grin:

Rossy2010

I know I haven't done a check-in yet, but count me amongst the bunners! The wigs are too freaking cute, but I know that my co-workers would be quick to call me out! LOL. I just did my first bun today, actually, and I'm pretty excited! Okay, it's a doughnut bun that's supposed to be a side bun but I don't think I went far enough to the side. Oh well. I don't want to redo it! :lachen:
very juicy buns Aisha. you will be a pro in no time. What length is your hair?

Rossy2010

I'm officially a Challenge Junkie, ((..Laughing..)). I hope it isn't to late to start Since I was already planning on Braiding it up this year since I want to make it to Waist Length and in hopes to graze Hip Length... I say WTHay, I might as well join a Challenge for it right? :)

Same here :lachen::lol::lachen::lol: Im Im even embarrased to join the bun challenge :lol::lol::lol::lachen:

NikkiQ

I miss you bestie. Everything good? Yes, catching up. Work got me spread so thin that I can't log on midday like I use too so I have to catch up at night.

Everything is okay. Dealing with some drama, but that comes with the territory. Funny enough, it's not with my fiance or in-laws. It's my MOM! She doesn't like the dress I have on hold so we have to go back on Saturday to find another one. Boy oh boy. Last time I checked, I was the one getting married and paying for it lol.

You up here starting a riff in the challengers huh? Putting wiggers vs. bunners? I thought we were supposed to be about hiding in general. Not which is better. DC I'm gonna have to come to FL give you a :spank:

JJamiah

Having a smoothie :)

Have to get back on the ball taking my vitamins :look: I am sooooo lazy when it comes to that. I will start next week :giggle:

Stormy

Welcome Stormy :)

I am so glad that you joined your first challenge with us Yay!

Make sure to take the picture so you can see how much growth you got in the end :)

I greased my Scalp with my Nu-Gro Professional Grease; two more weeks to go until the first Break down of the year. I can't wait until JUNE!

Thank you! And I will do that. In fact, it's actually a little shorter than it is in my avitar because I cut it in June down to about half an inch.

Last edited:

Kamilla16

Decisions..decisions. I'm trying to decide if I want to end this stretch at 4 months or continue to 6 months! I think I'll see how manageable my hair is after taking down my kinky twists. I plan on bunning and trying out a couple of half wigs until my graduation on May 14th!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Everything is okay. Dealing with some drama, but that comes with the territory. Funny enough, it's not with my fiance or in-laws. It's my MOM! She doesn't like the dress I have on hold so we have to go back on Saturday to find another one. Boy oh boy. Last time I checked, I was the one getting married and paying for it lol.

You up here starting a riff in the challengers huh? Putting wiggers vs. bunners? I thought we were supposed to be about hiding in general. Not which is better. DC I'm gonna have to come to FL give you a :spank:
:grin: I thought I bring a little fun up in here to keep the hiding the hair fun and refreshing because we all know it can get boring. :yep: You should come to FL...may in June or July though, when it's warmer. MOMs are funny. So suggestive. Gotta love 'em. It's your day and make sure it's what you want when it's all said and done.

divachyk

hair candy purchased for my buns --- btw, i know the pics big but ain't feel like resizing them. :look:

u-shaped banana clip

(up close view)

(variety of colors)

hollow banana clips

(up close)

(opened up)

(variety of colors)

I'll edit the sizes of the photos later on...so until then, just enjoy the super sized picture :grin::yep:

Oh btw, what photobucket photo size do you resize your pics to?

ETA: DAAAANG, my phone takes some gigantic pics (I just got the DroidX not too long ago so I didn't realize these were life size pics).

Ms_CoCo37

Ummmmm yeah...I'm gonna need some of these. :yep::lick::yep:
hair candy purchased for my buns --- btw, i know the pics big but ain't feel like resizing them. :look:

u-shaped banana clip

(up close view)

(variety of colors)

hollow banana clips

(up close)

(opened up)

(variety of colors)

I'll edit the sizes of the photos later on...so until then, just enjoy the super sized picture :grin::yep:

Oh btw, what photobucket photo size do you resize your pics to?

ETA: DAAAANG, my phone takes some gigantic pics (I just got the DroidX not too long ago so I didn't realize these were life size pics).

divachyk

Ladies - I've gotten a few ?'s and made a blog about my bun. Wowzers, feel so special. I even posted pics of some of my buns that I've done along the way throughout the HYH challenge. I have more pics somewhere but can't find them but if I run up on them, I'll update you all. Check 'em out.
Long Hair Care Forum - divachyk

I think I might even start a new thread about them since my buns have reached overnight celeb status. :grin::grin::grin:

^^You're already a bunaholic so what is hair candy gonna hurt?
I was just messing around with yall. That's all.

ms.tatiana

Ladies - I've gotten a few ?'s and made a blog about my bun. Wowzers, feel so special. I even posted pics of some of my buns that I've done along the way throughout the HYH challenge. I have more pics somewhere but can't find them but if I run up on them, I'll update you all. Check 'em out.
Long Hair Care Forum - divachyk

I think I might even start a new thread about them since my buns have reached overnight celeb status. :grin::grin::grin:

I was just messing around with yall. That's all.

Diva I'm going to start calling you Queen B :grin::grin::grin:

SeeLexus

My Half wig I will be rocking til June. It is by Fashion Source-Half wig R-7030. I love it!:grin:

Attachments

• half wig.jpg
    half wig.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 27

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DC make sure when your clips come on to use one of each and get a photo so I can see how big it is in relation to the head. I don't need no huge clips making it look like I have little hair LOL

Yea so im really loving my Solange she is growing on me, I wore her to school and they liked her a lot.

Sent from MyTouch 4G, using LHCF app.....