2 strand twists!!!! I need to know

BeautifulNameX

I think ima start werein 2 twists fa a season.. in relaxed doe but its more like texlaxed.

and i need to know what products to use to keep the twists in

beezwax?? shea butter?? mango butter??

What will be the best?

how do i take care of them?

I was thinking of using kalawentez or black and bossie by kalawentez shampoo?

and Cathy Howse conditier?

do i need a leave in? what kind? How do i dry it or let it dry with?

What do u all do and use?

Don't use beeswax! It will leave a nasty residue/buildup on your hair that can be very difficult, if not impossible, to remove.

I get the best results when I create my twists on stretched, dry hair. I use a leave-in before I dry it. Sometimes I twist with no product and sometimes I'll use my oil blend. Oddly enough, my twists do not easily unravel this way.

out of the three mentioned i would go with the mango butter. this is also twist season for me and i just finished a set tonight. my revised regimen with twists is that i poo and deep condition every 2-3 weeks. i then plait my hair in about 6 plaits and let dry overnight. then i start twisting on dry/slightly damp hair. i ran out of my twisting staple qhemets heavy cream but i used dax supergro organic oil mixed with honey today on my hair and my twists looked just as good. i use the shower mist daily to soften and moisten my twists then i follow with whatever leave in i have. my twists usually get frizzy after 2 weeks, so i start the process all over again.

hth jasmine:)

This is what I do:

(I am natural so I am not sure how it would in texlaxed hair.)

1. Wash and Condition
2. Apply a creamy moisturizing leave-in a good one to try is Giovanni Direct Leave-in.
3. On each section that I twist, I saturate hair with veg glycerine mix.
4. then on each section I oil it down with castor oil and bring the oil down the length of the hair.
5. comb, then twist.

I like to do this on wet hair, as the Glycerine keeps the hair moist and the castor oil seals it in as gives moisture and softness to boot. I also have ALOT of sheen....did I say softness too??? Reapply the spritz once during the week helps also.

This for me is done once a week. I only have 9 medium/large twists. So it is much easier to take care of.

Can someone please tell me how to part the hair to make a decent twist style? I don't have enough hair to twist going back like cornrows, but I do have enough to do a twist style. I just have alot of learning and practicing to do.:)

DDtexlaxd said:
Can someone please tell me how to part the hair to make a decent twist style? I don't have enough hair to twist going back like cornrows, but I do have enough to do a twist style. I just have alot of learning and practicing to do.:)
DD, have you tried just grabbing sections of hair to twist, instead of trying to part?

balisi said:
DD, have you tried just grabbing sections of hair to twist, instead of trying to part?

:eek: Is it really that simple?:blush: I dunno why I didn't think of this. When I see the fotkis of others, their hair looks so neat, like it has to be done with perfect parts. I always think my hair doesn't look right. I'm too critical of myself.:ohwell:

I wore twists and twist-outs when I was relaxed. I liked (and am still sometimes) using Garnier soft curl creme. Just a little is enough to keep my twists soft for days. I also used Smooth n Shine activator gel. Both are very good products.

Before twisting I shampoo my hair with keracare moisturizing detangling shampoo... then conditioned with whatever I happened to be using at the time (often Aubrey Organics or cholesterol conditioner).

My leave-in was giovanni direct (sometimes I used aphogee leave-in) and I usually added some oil to my hair too (Qhemet's biologic's heavy cream).

Last edited:
Back