16 Month Progress Pics! Dare I Ask...Am I Grazing MBL??

soon2bsl

Hey lovely ladies! So I straightend my hair over the weekend since the weather isn't so humid. This is only my second time straightening my hair since I started my HHJ 16 months ago (began June 6th 2009) and will be 16 months post next Friday (last relaxer June 22nd 2009).

For those that may not have seen my previous posts, I started out at SL and made BSL June 2010. I was really suprised at how much my hair has grown/retained and a little hesistant to say it.. but give it to me straight ladies...am I umm...grazing MBL?? My goal is to be MBL by Dec but I think I'm grazing it now, so let me know what you all think or let me know how much longer you think I have to make it. Oh btw my regi can be found here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/content/172-september-2010-feature-month-soon2bsl.html

Have to say again thanks sooo much for all the knowledge, advice, etc, I've learned from you all! HHG!! :)

Starting pic after last relaxer June 2009:

Now:

Last edited:
Yep, I think you are very close to MB. You look to be 2-3+/- inches from WL. Dang that's impressive in just over a year. Great job!

Aww...thanks so much ladies!!

very pretty, could you share your regimen please? i love the long layers in the front picture!

Aww thanks! My hair had layers from before I started my HHJ so they are growing out. Here's my regimen I copy/pasted from my link above:

My regimen is simple:
Pre-poo with EVOO, and Shampoo with CON 1 time a week. I sometimes alternate shampooing for ACV rinse.
DC with ORS mixed with EVOO and EVCO 1 time a week.
Co wash maybe 1 -2 times a week w/VO5 Moistures Milk.
Do Aphogee 2 min, every blue moon.

I used NTM as my daily moisturizer and seal with EVCO with not in a protective style. While in protective styles such as crochets or sew ins to moisturize I do a VO5/water mix, NTM/water mix, or glycerin/water mix in a spray bottle. I use castor oil for edges.

You look closer to grazing WL if you ask me!

Wow...really? :)

Congrats on your progress! You & your hair look awesome!

Aww thanks gadgetdiva!

Looks like you need to update your screen-name. ;) Nice progress. :)

LOL...I know I keep telling myself that...but I'm so used the name now. I may change it one of these days.

AND you've just earned yourself a new stalker :)
That is some GREAT progress in ONE year.....just amazing!
You grow girl!

Congrats! Great progress..btw I hope you don't mind but I use your hair pics (in your fotm thread) for reference for a friend of mine. Bc your hair is really inspiring.

Back