1 inch a month

Sal

What do you guys do to get at least 1 inch a month?
I only get 0.5 an inch
Any tips will be appreciated

i only get hal inch also....i guess this is how fast our hair grows....i dunno, i wonder what everyone else does to get that kinda growth

Normally I get 3/4 of an inch, but since I've upped my water, vitamin and protein intake and started excersizing more I got almost an inch. Not quite, but close. Maybe if I continue doing as I am now I'll get an inch.

Maybe you should also look ino supplements that you can take to increase hair growth. The only supplements I take are for my health in general.

I think I really need to get the Biotin Vitamins! I too have always gotten about .5 inches per month. Don't laugh, but I'm taking pregnancy Vitamins! No, I'm NOT pregnant! Thank God after having my son almost 3 years ago, I'm at a size 9/10 now (trying to get back to a 7/8). But I read somewhere that they are excellent vitamins and aid in hair growth and overall immuno health (prevents getting colds, etc.) and I asked my doctor if it's OK and she said yes as long as I keep up my exercising and drink lots and lots of water on those. Plus, they're certainly not bad for you considering most people don't get enough vitamins. What do you guys think? Is there anyone else doing this? I may need to start a thread on this!

Olts of people take prenatal pills. I used to, but I didn't really think they were doing much for my hair, but I wasn't taking care of my hair like I am now. I think I have been getting an inch. I was drinking the hair shake, hair vitamins, and Renu Herbs. Now I am doing protein, Renu Herbs, and Surge.

To be quite honest with you, people have this preconception that prenatal pills are better. I am pregnant now and to be honest with you, I would prefer taking my pre-pregnancy multivitamins which was GNC's Women's Ultra Mega. If you compare the amount of stuff you get in the Ultra Mega to what you're getting with prenatal pills, you're better off with the Ultra Mega. Also, because I'm pregnant, the vitamins have to be split between myself and baby. To be honest with you, I've just returned to my women's ultra mega. None of the vitamin levels are in toxic amounts that would harm the baby. I really feel prenatals weren't cutting it for me. It could have been the brands that I tried. Also, Biotin on it's own doesn't work as well as when you take it with other B complex vitamins. You should take a good multi and add the Biotin. That's my advice.
smile.gif

Thanks Ladies! Maybe I'll try that GNC-Women's Mega Vitamin and then add a Biotin one too. I'm not that keen on taking pills so this is a HUGE step for me. Especially big ones like Vitamins tend to be. What is this Hair Shake?? Now that sounds good! I can do that really well! Does it taste good? Is there one that mixes simply with water and doesn't require milk? I'm sorry if my questions are old, I'm new to board so I'm hoping you guys can educate me!! Thanks!!

1.5 a month!!!! WOW!!! Is this really really possible??? That's amazing growth!! I'm going to buy some Biotin today! I already drink LOTS of water! (It just does wonders for every part of our bodies, hair, skin, nails, bowels, organs, etc!) I'll do it!!! Is there a certain brand that you guys use and like?

A lot of people use the Puritan Pride brand from puritan.com I believe there's usually some type of sale going on.

i take 300 mg of biotin a day and water....still a 1/2 inch a month.....i guess it is not in the stars for me.....

ok- alittle off topic, but i used GNC womens ultra mega and im wondering if its working or if im excreting all the vitamins. i take one pill day and my pee is already NEON YELLOW! i was under the impression that mean you are excreting vitamins and its not heathy. maybe ill work up to two vitamins, but i feel like im wasting money.

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaCure said:
1.5 a month!!!! WOW!!! Is this really really possible??? That's amazing growth!! I'm going to buy some Biotin today! I already drink LOTS of water! (It just does wonders for every part of our bodies, hair, skin, nails, bowels, organs, etc!) I'll do it!!! Is there a certain brand that you guys use and like?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is so very possible. Some people may get more!

I take Freeda brand biotin you can get it online at www.freedavitamins.com. I take any where from 7.5 to 12.5 mg a day.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I take lots of biotin and drink plenty of water to get about 1 1/2 inches a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you take?

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
ok- alittle off topic, but i used GNC womens ultra mega and im wondering if its working or if im excreting all the vitamins. i take one pill day and my pee is already NEON YELLOW! i was under the impression that mean you are excreting vitamins and its not heathy. maybe ill work up to two vitamins, but i feel like im wasting money.

[/ QUOTE ]
the same thing happens to me...maybe i should ease up on the vit's...i did not know that it was unhealthy.....anyone know any info on this???????

Thank you all for replying
As for the biotin I have searched it everywhere but I can't find it over here (I live in Belgium)
But I take a B complex vitamine and msm
Maybe I'll try to eat more protein and to exercise more

Yes, the vitamins do come out in your pee. That's why I'm skeptical about biotin. First of all, biotin is produced in our intestines already. Secondly, a lot of foods have biotin in it, so we most of us must get biotin from what we eat. Then in multivitamins I get more biotin. The last and most important thing is that biotin is a b vitamin. If you get more of a b vitamin than you need, it comes out in your urine.

I dunno... maybe it does work, but it doesn't make sense to me.

And I think that you can develop kidney stones or some kind of mineral deposits somewheres from getting too much over time. I'm not 100% on that though, but otherwise getting too much vitamin b isn't bad for your health, the excess just doesn't get used.

[ QUOTE ]
HotCoCoGurl130 said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I take lots of biotin and drink plenty of water to get about 1 1/2 inches a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my biotin regimen:

1st week: 12 mg
2nd week: 10 mg
3rd week: 7.5 mg
4rth week: none

This have proven to be very effective. I take Freeda brand Biotin.

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:

[/ QUOTE ]
the same thing happens to me...maybe i should ease up on the vit's...i did not know that it was unhealthy.....anyone know any info on this???????

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens you just have to drink more water.

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
Yes, the vitamins do come out in your pee. That's why I'm skeptical about biotin. First of all, biotin is produced in our intestines already. Secondly, a lot of foods have biotin in it, so we most of us must get biotin from what we eat. Then in multivitamins I get more biotin. The last and most important thing is that biotin is a b vitamin. If you get more of a b vitamin than you need, it comes out in your urine.

I dunno... maybe it does work, but it doesn't make sense to me.

And I think that you can develop kidney stones or some kind of mineral deposits somewheres from getting too much over time. I'm not 100% on that though, but otherwise getting too much vitamin b isn't bad for your health, the excess just doesn't get used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biotin is a water-soluable vitamin. Basically whatever your body doesn't need, it will get rid of. So it won't build up in your system or have toxic side effects. Further, I would urge anyone taking vitamins to consult a physician and do your own personal research so you can be comfortable with your vitamin choices.
smile.gif

Just a lil' FYI, it doesn't matter what vitamins I take or in what amount, my urine always changes color. The GNC can make it a bright color... that's my indicator to remind me that "Yes, I did take my vitamins today!" I don't think this is a problem. Just be sure to drink lots of water.
smile.gif

but so effectively, you could be taking 7.5 mg of biotin using 4.5 mgs and peeing out the rest? i think i already drink alot of water, but ill drink maybe three glasses in a row and then not drink for hours, then drink three glasses later, etc. maybe my water consumption needs to be evened out. either way the GNC vitamins say to take two and im only taking one. i believe one pill still gives me and extreme amount of minerals, etc. my only concern is how effective it is if take one 1 pill and its time-released?
perplexed.gif

dontspeakdefeat said:
Here is my biotin regimen:

1st week: 12 mg
2nd week: 10 mg
3rd week: 7.5 mg
4rth week: none

This have proven to be very effective. I take Freeda brand Biotin.

DSD are you still taking Freeda biotin in the above dosages? I tried puritan's pride for a few months and noticed no increase in growth. I know that it could take longer to see results, but three months is my limit. :) Since I decided to give this extra vitamin/mineral thing a shot once again, I may try to add some biotin again.

What about daily washing will this give 1 inch per month ? :scratchch .

I am gonna start today. Has anyone got one inch per month from daily washing?

I take
5mg - Biotin
500 mg - L-Cysteine
Amino Acid Complex
B-Complex
and drink plenty of water. I just started on Penta water because I heard there's higher rate of hydration.

Within a month, I've gotten 3/4" to almost an inch of new growth in the front and 0/5" in the back after a month.

I've been taking my vitamins for almost a month.

Back