Baggying 101

Shine-On

I'm very familiar with the baggy but not this method. I've only read about the type where you keep the sandwich bag on under a phony pony. You learn something new everyday.

P.S. - I don't think I'll EVER get tired of hair talk ;)

MizaniMami

Cool! See I only wear mines at night most of the time since I hardly wear my phony.

But I am glad to see you got something out of it!

wadadligyal

Thank you so much for this. I've tried baggying but never liek the way my ends look the next day. However this method will make doing a bun so much easier the next day. Thanks again, good looking out!!!!! The ladies of LHCF ROCK!!!!!!:grin:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
nice! I've never done it like that before!

Even tho I'm wearing my phony pony tomorrow, I'm still going to try that right now---being that I'm getting ready for bed! (that is...if I can rip my arse off this computer chair, and from off this board!! )...:lol:

anyway...thanks gurl!!!

SisterGirl*

MizaniMami said:
Ya'll should all know by now that I am lame and all I think about is hair. So in a moment of bordem I created a baggying tutorial.:lachen:

Here it is and no pwd needed. I hope this helps someone.

http://public.fotki.com/Telletell/airdrying_101/dcfc0051.html

Tonight is officially my first night doing the baggie method, and I promise I just did a search on it. So yesss this post was right on time for me. I took a break to mix up my concoction and returned to your post:D I Love it! Thanks so much!
Running off to get started!

MizaniMami

Well thanks ladies. I am glad some people got some use out of it.

I added a pic of how my hair looks the next day after a night of baggying with the roller method. Check it out if interested.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
your hair came out looking really cute!!!

I think I'm using way too much moisturizer, or oil--or something, because my hair came out too damp....:perplexed but it's cool being that I have on my pony today...but still..:ohwell:

Maybe I need to quit using this thick profectives healthy ends when I want to do my baggy like this.....

I"ll try it again tonight!

brownsugarflyygirl

I have been thinking about adding baggying at night...so this was perfect for me....Ive been meaning to do a search but was too lazy so this was right on time for me...

Now I just have to decide if I want to pamper my relaxed ends this way...since I plan to banish them forever...LOL....but I guess its good to keep them healthy and happy while they are still here...

okay...Im going to stop thinking aloud...THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL...:lol:

devin

very nice and informative tut! thanks a lot!:) i am always interested in learning new ways to keep hair healthy.

MizaniMami

apples said:
your hair came out looking really cute!!!

I think I'm using way too much moisturizer, or oil--or something, because my hair came out too damp....:perplexed but it's cool being that I have on my pony today...but still..:ohwell:

Maybe I need to quit using this thick profectives healthy ends when I want to do my baggy like this.....

I"ll try it again tonight!

Try just adding a small amount of moisturizer, a very small amount. Then adding the baggie with no product inside the baggie. First thing when you wake up check your baggie. If you take off the baggie and it is still wet, keep it off (with the roller still in), put your scarf back on, and get dressed as normal. That way it it has about 10-60 miinutes (or however long it take you) to get dry. If it is still wet, apply your ponytail and leave the roller in (without the baggie) on your way to work!

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I guess my baggie method is the opposite because I wear mine during the day and let it out for the evening & sleep with a satin cap...I use the black, plastic bags that you get when you buy stuff from the BSS and bring my hair back like yours. I spray with my water/glycerine mix, seal with oil..either ponytail in a twist or just let it be..then I open the bag, place over ponytail & wrap it up...then I cover the plastic with a black satin scarf & black scrunchie...Voila..it sounds like a lot of steps but it's really easy & simple & I look presentable for work..the only hard part is slicking my hair down when I have a lot of NG.

pepper1

I'm brand new. Thank you so much for setting the bagging information up. I really learned a lot from the info and all the responses.
:grin:

TCT

Ya'll should all know by now that I am lame and all I think about is hair. So in a moment of bordem I created a baggying tutorial.:lachen:
Here it is and no pwd needed. I hope this helps someone.

http://public.fotki.com/Telletell/airdrying_101/dcfc0051.html

OK. I HOPE THAT TIS TOPIC WASNT COVERED ALREADY, BECAUSE IT WILL JUST LO LIKE I DON'T PAY ATENTION:spinning:.

IM NEW HERE , AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS I NEED TO GET STRAIGHT OBOUT BAGGYING.

I USED TO BAGGY MY HAIR YEARS AGO. IN MY EARLY 20'S (EXPERIMENTAL) TYPE THING. I WAS TRYNA LEARN WAY'S TO DO WHAT WE ARE ALL DOING NOW. WHEN I LEARNED THAT HAIR GROWS FASTER IN WARM CLIMATES. I TRIED TO MAKE MY OWN PERSONAL WARM CLIMATE ON MY HEAD AT ALL TIMES. I THINK OVERALL IT DID HELP WITH MOISTER, BUT I WAS STILL DOING ALOT OF OTHER THINGS TO MY HAIR.

FAST FORWARD TO MIDDLE AND LATE 20'S. THERE WHERE SOME THINGS GOING ON IN MY LIFE AT THE TIME THAT MADE IT A MUST FOR ME TO WET MY HAIR EVERYDAY( SOAKING WET) , I COULD NOT AVOID DOING THIS. THE PROBLEM CAME IN WHEN I HAD TO GO TO WORK RIGHT BEHIND THIS, AND WAS SCARED THAT I WOULD CATCH THE DEATH OF COLD GOING OUT LIKE THIS IN THE WINTER MONTHS. THIS IS WHEN THE BAGGYING MY WHOLE HEAD CLICKED AGAIN IN MY MIND. SO I WOULD PUT A BAGGY ON MY HEAD, UNDERNEATH MY HEAD WRAP AND GO AND WORK THE JOB THAT I HELD AT THE TIME. I THOUGHT I HAD A QUICK FIX FOR MY ISSUES. BUT AS TIME WENT ON I NOTICED THAT MY SCALP STARTED TO BECOME EXTREAMLEY SCALEY AND CRUSTY. AT THE TIME I THOUGHT IT WAS SEVERE DANDRUFF (THAT CAME OUT OF NO WHERE) BUT THEN I SUSPECTED IT MIGHT BE SCALP FUNGUS. I TREATED IT ON MY OWN. AND I STOPPED WITH MY BAGGY EXPERIMENT.

I SAID ALL THAT TO SAY.

#1 IS THERE ANY HISTORY OF FUBGUS FOR THE SISTERS WHO BAGGY THE WHOLE HEAD GETTING SCALP FUNGUS?

#2 IS THEE A DIFFERENCE BTWN BAGGYING A WHOLE HEAD OF WET HAIR VS A HEAD OF DRY HAIR?-#2a DOES THE WET HAIR INCREASE THE CHANCES OF GETTING FUNGUS?

#3 WHAT IF YOU WEAR THE WRAPPED PLATES(THE STIFF BRAIDS AFRICAN BRAIDERS WRAPP WITH YARN) SIMILAR TO THE SILKY DRED TECHNIQUE BUT DONE WITH YOUR OWN HAIR.

I STARTED THE BAGGYING AGAIN BUT I AM A LIL UNSURE AS TO WETHER I SHOULD KEEP IT UP OR NOT, BECAUSE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIX MY SCALP ISSUES FROM B4. I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT.

SORRY SO LONG. THANXS IN ADVANCE MIZANI+ THE LADIES IN HERE IN GENERAL.

Last edited:

graCeful_89

I finally got the strength to whip out my credit card and pay the darned $5! Hello everyoneee! My hubby thinks I'm becoming obsessed with this but what does he knowwww! ehhhh! He better deal with the sound the bag at night, while he sleeps. *crinkle crinkle* :evillaugh:

mewzickmorena

thanks for the post. I've been wanting to try out a baggie esp. after a bad set I did earlier this week. everything EXCEPT my ponytail is soft and moisturized so I figure I'd better do something! I had to kind of twist my hair up to fit it in the sandwich bag since we didn't have any big ones in the house :ohwell: we'll see how it turns out!