Denman Brushes???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurlee

Whats the deal with these??? Been hearing alot about them. How do u know which kind to use, and where do you get them and are they really all that? And which one do u use to detangle in the shower (naturals,=....curl definition????)
Sorry for the trillion questions

TIA

Phoenix

When I was natural I used the d3. I got it from Sally's. I bought that one based on a recommendation I got here. I used it in the shower when I had conditioner on my hair. It helped me detangle and seemed to give me more curl definition.

ThursdayGirl

Phoenix said:
When I was natural I used the d3. I got it from Sally's. I bought that one based on a recommendation I got here. I used it in the shower when I had conditioner on my hair. It helped me detangle and seemed to give me more curl definition.

IA! I'm a new natural with about 5 and a half inches of kinky hair. I just tried this a couple of days ago. It really did help with detangling and getting rid of shed hair. I also got some nice definition.

Gryphyn

I think mine is a D3, there's a pic of it in my products album (under hair tools). I bought it at Trade Secrets. One of the stylists recommended it for detangling my hair and it works very well

shiningstar84

silly question: what is so "special" about these brushes. They are expensive, and I dont think Sallys will let me "test" them in the store. So are they REALLY worth the money? How are they different from other brushes made like them? Are they better than wide tooth combs:confused:

For those that love/would kill for these brushes, what were you using before you discovered them??

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I have a D4 that I use to detangle in the shower. I love this brush. Yes they are expensive, but they are well made. It's hard to explain but, the bristles seperate my natural hair without actually ripping through it.

I have the Denman paddle brush, but haven't quite figured out what the hell I'm supposed to do with it.

ThursdayGirl

I was hesitant to purchase one because of the price, but it did such a good job, that I don't regret it. maybe you can wait for it to go on sale?

Before I got my brush, I was using my jilbere shower comb to detangle, but the comb was missing some hairs...with the brush, my hair was well detangled and I didn't get any extra shed hair out later when I twisted.

sweetascocoa

it took me a year to decide on getting it after all the rave. the stylist at trade secret advised me to get the D3 too and yes, it gets rid of shed hair and it gives me more curl definition. i dont have to use fantasia IC gel if i use this brush in the shower

caligirl

This brush is like magic. If I brush thru a soaking wet section of hair with conditioner, it goes from bush to defined 3c curls. I think the brush just really smoothes the cuticles of the hair. Plus it doesn't snag or tear my hair out. I only brush thru small sections of hair at a time though.

SqrpioQutie

i have the d3 and the d31... love them both... to me, they definitely detangle better than combs... plus i get great scalp massages while i'm detangling...

now, i bought mine as soon as i decided to "start over"... i used it mainly for scalp massaging when i was natural, but it really became essential when i texturized... now i can't live without it .. as a matter of fact, i want to get the d4 now that myhair is getting longer...

as far as the price, i think that it's worth it.. sometimes sally's will have coupons so that'll knock the price down a little....

jasmine26

i have the d3 absolutely loved it when my hair was shorter, love the way it detangles and massages my scalp, however now that my hair is longer it doesn't detangle the way it used to. i think i have to upgrade to a bigger one!
but the denman is the only brush i will use in my natural hair besides my 100% boar bristle brush for smoothing.

sweetascocoa

i just wanted to add that i also use it to smooth my hair into a ponytail. i dont have to use as much gel. hehe. im going to go take a shower and wash my hair so i can use my beloved denman :D

chocobunny38

I have a denman brush, I believe its a d1 (not sure cause I'm not at home to take a peek at it). I bought it when I was natural and I loved it for combing through my thick hair. Now that I'm back to relaxed, I like to use it for brushing my hair into a wrap, or brushing it pack into a ponytail, basically any brushing that requires a smoothing finishing touch. Its very gentle and I love the way it feels against my scalp. I think it was well worth the money! :) Oh, and I got it from Sallys.

SqrpioQutie

this is the d3

Country gal

My hairstylist used it on my hair and I was sold. He was brushing through my hair like it was relaxed hair.

shiningstar84

Country gal said:
My hairstylist used it on my hair and I was sold. He was brushing through my hair like it was relaxed hair.

country gal, what kind do you have:confused: your texture in your siggy looks similar to mine. after reading through the responses i decided to buy one. Y'all should go into marketing 'cause I am way past sold on this brush. I want more than 1 now.:lol:

Nita81

I literally just walked out of Sally's 5 mins ago with two D5's(one for my daughter and one for me) at a reduced rate of 7.99 (reg. 12.99)per brush!!!!!! Check out Sally's today.

Cheleigh

Love my D4. At first I didn't know what to do with it, so I didn't use it for a couple of months. Once I figured out the technique, it literally saved my hair (natural and relaxed) during my transition.

Now I still love it as a detangler on my natural hair. I use it everytime I CW (which is now 3-4 times a week).

*ElleB

Wow, u guys have me sold...

Would you say there is no need for detangler after using this brush?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
*ElleB said:
Wow, u guys have me sold...

Would you say there is no need for detangler after using this brush?

For me no, but then again I wear my hair in a bun 90% of the time.

I part my hair and secure with an ouchless band in 4 sections to detangle while my hair is full of shampoo (I know it's a no-no but it works for me). Once I go through each section with the brush, I band it back up to rinse the shampoo out. I don't have to detangle again when I apply conditioner or my leave ins. I just pull it into a bun and put my scarf on.

Country gal

I don't know which one he used but it looks like the denman brush I got from Sally's. He put the conditioner in and was brushing through with ease.

Kurlee

Thanks for all your responses ladies!!! very helpful. I'm tryna decide which one to get now (u guys convinced me). So like a d3 or d4 for natural shoulder length 4a hair?