I'm curious, what temperature do you guys normally set your flat iron to?

I'm curious, what temperature do you guys normally set your flat iron to?

• 200 degrees or less

Votes: 38 11.6%
  • 200 - 250 degrees

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • 250 - 300 degrees

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • 300 - 350 degrees

Votes: 90 27.4%
  • 350 - 400 degrees

Votes: 89 27.1%
  • 400 - 450 degrees

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • 450 degrees or higher

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

HoneyDew

I normally use 300 degrees, but I have gone up to about 340 degrees (no more than halfway between 300 and 370 on my FHI 207RVI)

What about you?

HoneyDew

I sent an email to the Maxius folks to see if they can tell us the degree equivalence for each number. Hopefully they will respond. I'm curious.

sprungonhairboards

I Maxiglide on 4. I'm afraid to go any higher. I started at 3 and graaadually inched up to 4 after about the 3rd time doing it:lol: I'm so afraid to burn my hair even though I feel 6 is probably my magic number! I'd probably do less damage by raising the heat up a little so I can still get the silkiness without having to go over it so many times. But I'm scurred.

When I was natural I used my Maxiglide on 10, full power! No fear.

HoneyDew

brownsugar9999 said:
FHI 207rvi on 450!!! That's right, 450!! But I want it straight the first time thru and absolutely NO WAVE!!!!!!

When I 1st got mine I used 450 and almost burnt my hair off. :eek:

I think because I am relaxed, though.

I have even gone up to 370 and I start seeing smoke.

brownsugar9999

HoneyDew said:
When I 1st got mine I used 450 and almost burnt my hair off. :eek:

I think because I am relaxed, though.

I have even gone up to 370 and I start seeing smoke.
(sniff...sniff) you smell chicken?:lachen:
Yeah..that might be the reason...most people I know who have tex/perm/relaxed hair already have pretty straight hair, so they really don't need that much heat...but on the other side, most naturals NEED HEAT (or at least the ones I know....no blanket statement intended). My Niece has some SERIOS 3b hair..but if you try to flat iron her hair on 370, you'll be there ALLLLLLL DAY....AND it'll be poofy!!

Allandra

I have an Ion Anti-Frizz Ionic Ceramic Straightening Flat Iron, and it doesn't have a temperature setting. I can tell you that it gets hot as hell though.

Candy_C

OnPoint said:
For Real!!!!??? I'm here putting the flat iron at 140-170 and I am scarred as hell.

LMAO ME TOO!!! 200 IS ALOT!!!!!

mines 160 - medium straight -180 (BONE straight) i dont use my flat iron at all tho really, but when i do its the above

woah i'm shocked!

goldensensation

My sedu- 360!

:eek: A lot of you are using really low settings... is it because you blowdried your hair before flat ironing? Or is it that you go over each section more than once? I've never tried a setting that low, but I dont think that it would work.

PS: On my old Hot Tools flat iron, I used settings 8-10.

HoneyDew

goldensensation said:
:eek: A lot of you are using really low settings... is it because you blowdried your hair before flat ironing? Or is it that you go over each section more than once? I've never tried a setting that low, but I dont think that it would work.

I blow dry my hair and I still need 300-330 degrees.

My hair is just too thick and kinky to get it straight as I like it with only 200. It would be no point even using heat at all at that temp.

prettykinks

This thread will help me out alot. I have had my maxiglide for about six months now but I have been afraid to use it because I don't want to ruin my hair. I already had a bad experience getting my hair straightened at a shop.