Low Density Love

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
No, I am NOT wearing a bun today! Imma wear my little bit of hurr down and out!

Imma flaunt all five of my strands tonight!

My puff isn't pathetic. It is petite!

My twist out is not anorexic. It's all that! oKAY? lol

Where are all my other low density ladies at? Let's show each other some love. :yep:

Pics please. :grin:

ForumRunner_20140308_175021.jpg

ForumRunner_20140308_175034.jpg

ForumRunner_20140308_175219.jpg

ForumRunner_20140308_175219.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140308_175058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140308_175058.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 373
  • ForumRunner_20140308_175305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140308_175305.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 414

ronie

No, I am NOT wearing a bun today! Imma wear my little bit of hurr down and out! Imma flaunt all five of my strands tonight! My puff isn't pathetic. It is petite! My twist out is not anorexic. It's all that! oKAY? lol Where are all my other low density ladies at? Let's show each other some love. :yep: Pics please. :grin: Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
Loving this thread already.. Wait let me locate my pictures. Be back.

g.lo

Thaaaaaaaaak you! Attempting a braid out and will,post pic tomorrow.
I have fine hair and after my severe post partum 3 years ago, my hair went form high density to low .
just today I was thinking of chopping everything, we don't get much love.
I am also thinking of changing the direction of my Yt channel and show us some love, no one gasp over our hair, snif, snif.
I was born like that, but I know for sure God didn't make a mistake!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
HairPleezeGrow

I felt the same way earlier. We see all these youtubers with ultra thick hair...shoot even medium and feel our hair isn't good enough. My fluffy, fly away, fine, low density 4b is good enough for me. My hair type isn't supposed to grow past my neck...but it's the healthiest and longest its ever been. I can't really complain kwim?

So this thread is to show us some love. :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thaaaaaaaaak you! Attempting a braid out and will,post pic tomorrow.
I have fine hair and after my severe post partum 3 years ago, my hair went form high density to low .
just today I was thinking of chopping everything, we don't get much love.
I am also thinking of changing the direction of my Yt channel and show us some love, no one gasp over our hair, snif, snif.
I was born like that, but I know for sure God didn't make a mistake!

Can't wait to see g.lo! I usually have my hair in a bun or twists in a bun. Mainly because I'm lazy, but also because I didn't see my hair as worthy to be out.

But it is...so yeah. I'mma be wearing it out once a week now.

g.lo

Can't wait to see g.lo! I usually have my hair in a bun or twists in a bun. Mainly because I'm lazy, but also because I didn't see my hair as worthy to be out.

But it is...so yeah. I'mma be wearing it out once a week now.

yup, I made the same decision, this year, i will be styling my hair, at least once a month! i will try different do's, don't care what anyone thing, I will werk it:yep:

FlawedBeauty

Checkin in. What I wouldn't give to have a super thick head of hair lol. Welp, at least it's healthy lol. I am almost at a year post relaxer and my hair looks insanely thick when it's not straight. I only flat iron about once every few months. I flat ironed last week and washed and deep conditioned today. My flat iron hair looks good originally, but after a week it is a hot coconut oily mess :lachen: and you can really see the low density. I have fine hair like my mom too, so that just adds insult to injury lol. So below is a week old greasy flat iron, it's the first pic I took in a looooong time and it was just to check the length.

ETA it is all the same length...looking at the pic my hair is blending in with my shirt and it looks like hair is missing in some areas, but it is not :lachen:

Attachments

• 20140308_095409 (2).jpg
    20140308_095409 (2).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 432

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Checkin in. What I wouldn't give to have a super thick head of hair lol. Welp, at least it's healthy lol. I am almost at a year post relaxer and my hair looks insanely thick when it's not straight. I only flat iron about once every few months. I flat ironed last week and washed and deep conditioned today. My flat iron hair looks good originally, but after a week it is a hot coconut oily mess :lachen: and you can really see the low density. I have fine hair like my mom too, so that just adds insult to injury lol. So below is a week old greasy flat iron, it's the first pic I took in a looooong time and it was just to check the length. ETA it is all the same length...looking at the pic my hair is blending in with my shirt and it looks like hair is missing in some areas, but it is not :lachen:

Congrats on your one year post relaxer. How long do you plan to transition? Your hair is beautifully. Your color is to die for.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

FlawedBeauty

HairPleezeGrow thanks so much! I didn't plan on transitioning it just sort of happened and here I am almost a year later. I choppped it off once and tried natural but hated the way it looked on me. It was probably because it was much too short for my head lol, because I prefer texture to straight. I if I do decide to go natural again I wont make the mistake of chopping before having a comfortable length. That being said, I cant see being fully natural until two or three years post lol.

Congrats on your one year post relaxer. How long do you plan to transition? Your hair is beautifully. Your color is to die for.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Checkin in. What I wouldn't give to have a super thick head of hair lol. Welp, at least it's healthy lol. I am almost at a year post relaxer and my hair looks insanely thick when it's not straight. I only flat iron about once every few months. I flat ironed last week and washed and deep conditioned today. My flat iron hair looks good originally, but after a week it is a hot coconut oily mess :lachen: and you can really see the low density. I have fine hair like my mom too, so that just adds insult to injury lol. So below is a week old greasy flat iron, it's the first pic I took in a looooong time and it was just to check the length.

ETA it is all the same length...looking at the pic my hair is blending in with my shirt and it looks like hair is missing in some areas, but it is not :lachen:

FlawedBeauty that color is fire! Your hair is looking good. Don't worry, my flat iron was oily by the end of the week too! :lol: Your hair and ends look great!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How I wore my hair out for some bday drinks. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Looks good Fro! You got some good definition going on. Is it twistout on stretched hair? Anyway my hair is in my twist for a twistout but shoot it's been gloomy and raining this weekend so maybe not. Guess I'll go back to wigging it.

g.lo

some buns pictures ( all from last year)

Attachments

• bun1.jpg
    bun1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 239
  • bun2.jpg
    bun2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 227
  • bun3.jpg
    bun3.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 247

temfash

Another low density natural checking in, I've learnt to work with what I've been blessed with.

Attachments

• 20130727_191901.jpg
    20130727_191901.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 20130727_191803.jpg
    20130727_191803.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 273

ronie

Happy belated birthday Froreal3. Hope you had a great day, and I'm sure your hair was looking amazing.
Once I get a chance to be on the computer I ll be posting my pics.

lovechemise

Nurse Ratchet: saving lives & growing hair
image-3073602176.jpg

Low density checking in. This pic is actually from today, excuse the stank face, I was not happy. My 1st ever blow out on my natural hair in a year and I hate it! I cried after. I've wore weaves for almost 2 years straight & I'm used to the gone with the wind Fabulous length & thickness. I'm so not used to my low density fine hair. BUT I'm determined to take care of it & stop neglecting it under weaves. Sew ins made my hair even thinner from the tension. I'll be looking to you ladies for inspiration! I've never dealt with my natural hair