Hair is very full once dried
recieve a lots and lots of compliments

Cons

Can't runs fingers through hair once product has dried
My hair takes a long time to dry so it was lunch time before I felt my hair
looked good
The shinkage of my hair when dried curly is not good I loose probably 4"
wearing my hair this way
To me my hair looks like a jerry curl (just not dripping oil)
One guy I work with hated my hair this way he says it looks like my mother in law styled my hair.

Healthb4Length

dlewis said:
My review of Mixed Chicks conditioner:

Pros

Hair had lot of body and bounce
Hair is soft and left feeling well conditioned
Hair is very full once dried
recieve a lots and lots of compliments

Cons

Can't runs fingers through hair once product has dried
My hair takes a long time to dry so it was lunch time before I felt my hair
looked good
The shinkage of my hair when dried curly is not good I loose probably 4"
wearing my hair this way
To me my hair looks like a jerry curl (just not dripping oil)
One guy I work with hated my hair this way he says it looks like my mother in law styled my hair.

Oh thanks for the review...I'm having second taughts...I get a sample in a week or two so I'll decide from that point. Thanks for sharing.

imstush

I am still learning what products to use in my hair, but like someone else said, I find leaving conditioner in my hair works wonders.

blazingthru

I am a 3a/3b, I have not mastered yet what products works best for me, My hair is soft very soft in its natural state and hard when relaxed. I can only judge that by my new growth I haven't dealt with my hair fully natural in 26 years. THat is how long I been getting relaxers. Woojee cream makes my hair so completely soft and Nexxus Headress I really like it but my hair is very short I won't know to much about it until I get some real lenght I don't post my new picture until the end of the month. Well actually most likely next week.

Miss*Tress

CarLiTa said:
what i dont get with my hair, is how my RELAXED hair will be dry as hay, but my new growth still stays soft... which is why i'm always searching for something that will moisturize my new growth just as well as the rest of my hair. Sadly... i'm still looking. I need an EXTRA moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Good luck with ur search :)
I have 3a (sides and back) and 3b (crown) and I have exactly the same problem with the relaxed hair being very dry and the new growth is soft, very black and shiny.

Right now, I'm using ORS products to clean, condition, and moisturize. They work well (particularly the smelly carrot oil), but sometimes the bottom part of my hair gives me such grief. :cry:

I'm going to try the c-cow-c method for washing hair that someone posted last year. If anyone has any other suggestions please share. This might help me overcome the ever present risk of frizzzzzzz.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
FlowerHair said:
This is exactly the way it was when I relaxed my hair eons ago! My natural hair is soft and moving, but my relaxed hair was hard and dry and stiff...

based on the posts I'm reading, it doesn't seem as if relaxing 3a/b hair is a good idea. Why not stay natural and flat iron? Sorry, if I'm stepping on any toes, I'm just wondering.

Miss*Tress

You're probably right, nubianqt86. I've never used a flat iron and am too scared to try in case I fry my ends like I used to with the curling iron.

sharee

CarLiTa said:
I'm mostly 3b with a bit of 3c/4a in the crown area.... i dont know if I am able to help. I never really thought that specific products helped for specific hairtypes though. I thought that only applied to 4b's because supposedly it's the driest hair type...

what i dont get with my hair, is how my RELAXED hair will be dry as hay, but my new growth still stays soft... which is why i'm always searching for something that will moisturize my new growth just as well as the rest of my hair. Sadly... i'm still looking. I need an EXTRA moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Good luck with ur search :)

OOOHHH This is exactly how my hair is....it is really frustrating. nubianqt86, my hair burns really easily so I am scared of flat irons and pressing combs. Also, it doesn't hold a press very long before it waves and frizzes back up.

Last edited:

FoxyCurls

I'm really not sure what my hair texture is, but my routine is pretty simple. Everyone is welcome to look in my Fotki and let me know.

Wash and condition w/ Redken All Soft, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Sheer or L'Oreal Nutri Gloss.

DC w/ All Soft Heavy Cream or Curls Asian Hair Tea.

If I wear my hair curly I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Serum and Redken Curl Booster.

If I wear it straight then I use the serum and flat iron, but I will not be doing any flat ironing anymore. I'm going to start rollerseting.

I get my hair trimmed every 3 months.

Lovelylocs

After using the mixed chick product this morning my hair looked like this.

I'm still trying to get use to it. I'm use to my hair being really full.

Is your hair permed at all? What does it normally look like airdried?