I've Made The Hard Decision To Texturize

daviine

What they said. :lol: I enjoy the support on this board. I'm transitioning but should I decide to change my mind, I know this board is full of people who just love hair no matter how we choose to style it. Good luck! I'll be waiting patiently for pics.... :D

NinasLongAmbition

lamaria211...I am with you on the texlaxing just yesterday I was saying how much I miss relxed hair and flowy rollersets and living in Florida flatironing isn't a viable option. So I've decided to texlax as well, I will be doing mine thanksgiving weekend. Right now i'm in mini box braids , so i'll be waiting for november. Good luck to you!

auparavant

Please don't take this the wrong way, but back in the day, this is why people used grease to seal in the hair with the hot comb. Flat-irons and super kinky hair with humidity and light silicon don't work for most people. Maybe they will invent something to help. Op, have you tried that Lustrasilk spray product?

MsAminta

I can definitely relate. I felt the same way before I got married three years ago. Except that I did not want to end up with a messed up texturizer, so I just had it relaxed bone straight. I'm natural again now. One of the pros of the texturizer is manageability. Afro-textured hair requires a significant amount of planning. Might texturize when I get to waist-length. Cheers to your hair! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

lamaria211

Please don't take this the wrong way, but back in the day, this is why people used grease to seal in the hair with the hot comb. Flat-irons and super kinky hair with humidity and light silicon don't work for most people. Maybe they will invent something to help. Op, have you tried that Lustrasilk spray product?

No I haven't tried any lustrasilk spray but I have tried keracare humidity blocker it didn't really help plus the sweat from my head also causes instant reversion

lamaria211

I can definitely relate. I felt the same way before I got married three years ago. Except that I did not want to end up with a messed up texturizer, so I just had it relaxed bone straight. I'm natural again now. One of the pros of the texturizer is manageability. Afro-textured hair requires a significant amount of planning. Might texturize when I get to waist-length. Cheers to your hair! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

May I ask why you went back to natural? And what's your hair type? Tia

lamaria211

DH doesn't understand or agree with texturizing or telaxing he says relax or stay natural no in between please LOL

Lita

I say do what works for you & your hair..I know it will turn out very pretty..

*Dont forget the pictures..

Happy Hair Growing!

msdeevee

Doing a protein then moisturizing DC in preparation for my upcoming chemical service Friday :)

After you texlax continue doing DC treatments weekly .

I was seriously considering texlaxing my hair a few weeks ago because I was having constant ssk's and crunchy ends . Not retaining length and hard to manage hair. I realized in all my research and in all these years (8) of being natural I really was not consistent with my DC'ing.

I would DC hit and miss and not even once a month . I would use a leave in though. Now I'm on a mission to DC every week and I'm already seeing a difference in my hair.

Not to discourage you cause I totally get how you feel. I once said I would never relax again but now in the future I may texlax after all it's only hair . For now I'm gonna stay natural and continue to work with my hair. I have a friend that just had her hair texturized by a pro and it is dry as a cornfield . It looked much better natural so don't forget to condition, condition.

lamaria211

OK beautiful ladies its done I can't lie I feel like A freed slave
I'm deep conditioning right now so ill post dry pics later I promise
These are the before pics

ForumRunner_20120913_084547.jpg

ForumRunner_20120913_084604.jpg

ForumRunner_20120913_084635.jpg

KaramelDiva1978

OK beautiful ladies its done I can't lie I feel like A freed slave
I'm deep conditioning right now so ill post dry pics later I promise
These are the before pics

LOL!!! I felt the same way in June with my first relaxer. I took that as I was definitely ready!

dicapr

Congrats! It looks great. What is the purpose of having hair if it becomes a chore and you can't enjoy it. Enjoy your texlax!

MsAminta

lamaria211 said:
May I ask why you went back to natural? And what's your hair type? Tia

I went back natural for several reasons. For one, I don't like having flat, texture-less hair. Second, I saw that news report on the little girl who was bullied about her natural hair. Once her mom went natural too, she didn't care what the stupid bullies said and just loved herself. I want to be that example for my future daughter.

I think my hair type is 4C. I have a mish mash of spirals, coils, waves but my hair is very thick and coarse.

I see you did the texturizer but I can't see the pics. :(

MsAminta

I can see the pics now. Congrats! Glad that you are liking it. :)

Seriously considering it for the future. I would welcome the convenience and manageability.

lamaria211

Thanks for all your support guys I really do love the results I'm another 80% dry right now and I can see my roots are slightly straighter than my hair or it might just be because my edges were tied down but anyhoo I just added a little bit more leave in and sealed with EVOCO. Tonight I'm going to massage my scalp with EVOCO and JBCO mix and use shea butter on my hair. Not sure yet if ill be moisturizing and sealing once or twice a day yet

CurlsOnFire23

I went back natural for several reasons. For one, I don't like having flat, texture-less hair. Second, I saw that news report on the little girl who was bullied about her natural hair. Once her mom went natural too, she didn't care what the stupid bullies said and just loved herself. I want to be that example for my future daughter.

I think my hair type is 4C. I have a mish mash of spirals, coils, waves but my hair is very thick and coarse.

I see you did the texturizer but I can't see the pics. :(

Is that you in your Avi? If so then your hair is gorgeous *drools* I'm a 4C as well. I don't see many 4Cs on this site...unless I haven't been looking hard enough