Worlds Tiniest Curl: Post your tiny curls 'n coils

virtuenow

Some of us have such tiny curls that its unbelievable. Post a pic of your curls to see just how tiny they can get. I would like to see who has the tiniest of curls. It'll be fun :). I got the idea from mwedzi fotki post: http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/texture-and-misc/texture/smallestcurl.html I thought I was gonna be smaller, but I think we have the same size coil. Take a look at my quick pictures below. I don't think they get any smaller than this. Prove me wrong and take a picture next to your needles, dimes, pen coils, or other coins & tiny items.

Attachments

• IMG_0054[1].jpg
    IMG_0054[1].jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_0055[1].jpg
    IMG_0055[1].jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0056[1].jpg
    IMG_0056[1].jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_0057[1].jpg
    IMG_0057[1].jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 509

diadall

That is super tiny.

Are you prone to SSK?

I don't have tiny curls but I am happy for the type I have.

virtuenow

That is super tiny.

Are you prone to SSK?

I don't have tiny curls but I am happy for the type I have.

About the size of the "D" in dime, half the size of a pen spring, a little bigger than the circumference of hair sewing needle, size of needle head. I guess I am prone to ssks, I've never had to deal with that problem b/c I always used heat stretched styles. We'll see how I do on a no heat diet :yep:.

diadall

I am intrigued by them. I think if I had curls and coils that tiny my hands would always be in my hair playing with them.

BraunSugar

My edges and the very end of the nape of my neck have coils like this. Those areas often break :( I am in the process of regrowing my edges. I can never get those areas longer than 5 or 6 inches.

virtuenow

I am intrigued by them. I think if I had curls and coils that tiny my hands would always be in my hair playing with them.

Hah, my hands stay in my hair, I'm always pulling the coils to feel them spring back. Its an addiction I had to break. I am on a very long hair hideaway. I want to see some more coils. Even if they are bigger ones. Anyone got pics next to a pencil or anything??

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Some of mine. The ones in the very back are even smaller

knt1229

I don't have any pics of my coils next to other small objects. But, here are my coils on my head all playing happily together.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 309

Nonie

virtuenow, I need AfroKink to come here and participate. I thought my coils were tiny till I saw hers.

I will have to take a pic next to objects and update this post but for now, I will just post old pics I took where I found them to be about as small as 1/8 of an inch.

PersuasiveBeauty

Some of mine. The ones in the very back are even smaller

Cute! My man's curls are just like this. I be seeing them all up in the shower like "awwww!" I collect them and bring them to him like "Baby your curls! Lookiiiittt!" and he just looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me... "You need to stay off that damn forum" :perplexed

virtuenow

Nonie, hmm, a ruler, never thought of that!! I just measured mine, and they were all about 1/8 inch. Welcome to the running, girl.

virtuenow

Cute! My man's curls are just like this. I be seeing them all up in the shower like "awwww!" I collect them and bring them to him like "Baby your curls! Lookiiiittt!" and he just looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me... "You need to stay off that damn forum" :perplexed

Lol, yeah, you (we) got it bad! But these "O's" are so cute.

Nonie

I found the post where Afrokink posted her coils. They are tinier than a pen spring:

I offer my head up for public scrutinization. [...]

I JUST took this pic for you guys because I was detangling my hair as reading this thread. It's the best I can do without borrowing Nonie's camera lol. The average size of my coils are the one closest to the pen spring. But as you can see I do have even smaller coils.

[...]
Source of post

charmtreese

virtuenow said:
Some of us have such tiny curls that its unbelievable. Post a pic of your curls to see just how tiny they can get. I would like to see who has the tiniest of curls. It'll be fun :). I got the idea from mwedzi fotki post: http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/texture-and-misc/texture/smallestcurl.html I thought I was gonna be smaller, but I think we have the same size coil. Take a look at my quick pictures below. I don't think they get any smaller than this. Prove me wrong and take a picture next to your needles, dimes, pen coils, or other coins & tiny items.

My coils are about the size of yours, but i have fine hair. I want to keep my hair stretched with heat, Whats your reggie?

msdeevee

My coils are exactly like op.

What distresses me about them is that if you can pull them little devils straight after their gone from your head they can be from 4-6" long .

I'm a victim of ssk's so a lot of times I have 2 or more coils breaking off together.

After 8 years being natural I'm still trying to figure out how to beat ssk's short of texturizing or flat ironing on the regular .

virtuenow

My coils are about the size of yours, but i have fine hair. I want to keep my hair stretched with heat, Whats your reggie?

I am in an extended self hide-hair challenge (18mo), but I brought members of the board in with me for the last leg, see: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=619159. So I do not know what my loose hair reggie will be. However, I deep condition weekly (AO gpb) and do oil rinses w/castor oil and use mostly au natural products and lo poo. I plan to cut the flat iron out of my reggie and blowdry once a month, and the rest of the month I will wear stretched hair styles. I will stretch w/big braids or twists and style. I have time to figure this out so, we'll see.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
My coils are exactly like op.

What distresses me about them is that if you can pull them little devils straight after their gone from your head they can be from 4-6" long .

I'm a victim of ssk's so a lot of times I have 2 or more coils breaking off together.

After 8 years being natural I'm still trying to figure out how to beat ssk's short of texturizing or flat ironing on the regular .

The bolded is why I'm terrified of trimming. Mess around and trim like 8 inches off without realizing :nono:

AfroKink my coils in the back are as small as yours

virtuenow my strands are between fine and medium

naturalmanenyc

I wanna play! The smallest curl I found is 1/8 inch. They stretch out pretty long. I'm between APL and BSL now.

I deal with ssk's all the time. Lately I have just been snipping them off with scissors. I am thinking about doing another Brazilian Keratin Treatment since I do not recall having many ssk's when I was doing my BKT regularly.

Attachments

• curls.jpg
    curls.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 291

anon123

:lachen: That is hilarious! I can't believe you collect all those little pieces of hair to show to him, omg, :lol:

McQuay30

LOL....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

virtuenow

I wanna play! The smallest curl I found is 1/8 inch. They stretch out pretty long. I'm between APL and BSL now.

I deal with ssk's all the time. Lately I have just been snipping them off with scissors. I am thinking about doing another Brazilian Keratin Treatment since I do not recall having many ssk's when I was doing my BKT regularly.

naturalmanenyc I would have never guessed your curls were that small. I've seen some of your videos, so, welcome to the 1/8 crew! Foxglove wow, you're definitely a match. I don't feel so special anymore :lachen70:. Your hair looks so soft in your pictures, like it would be easy to handle.

naturalmanenyc

virtuenow

Yes, my curls are tight! I pretty much wear stretched styles. I rarely wear a true wash & go without stretching my hair. One the rare occasion that I wear my own texture it shrinks so much that people always ask why I "cut" my hair.

Nova

lol! This looks my coils.

Cherokee-n-Black

:lachen: I think my hubby's curls are the smallest I've ever seen. They are really tiny and every now and then he will put something in his hair that defines them. I love them! However, I have never gone so far as to collect them! That's a real commitment!