Curlbox

Iluvsmuhgrass

How often do they open up?

I think it's every month or every other month but I'm not sure.

Lisa

From the website:

"Curlbox is an affordable, effortless and EASIER way to explore new hair products. You can discover hand-selected curly hair products delivered to your doorstep every month.

WHAT IT IS: Every month subscribers receive 5-7 quality hair product samples for $20 per month. Cancel anytime.

WHAT IS IN MY BOX: Subscribers can look forward to extraordinary products from established brands as well as some really great up and coming brands.

HOW IT WORKS: Join. Each box will have extraordinary value. Discovering what's best for your hair couldn't be any easier. We have curated incredible boxes and located some of the best products that we KNOW you're going to love! "

Everyone wants one because it's a great way to try various products without actually breaking the bank. That or because it's new. :lol:

JBunnie

I was so happy that I managed to get one! When I got the email I made a plan with my boyfriend to go down to the lobby of his building to use the free wifi to order it and everything. Then I got food poisoning and stayed at home in bed all weekend. I was knocked out on Saturday after taking drugs to force me to sleep (jeez that sounds bad) but I randomly woke up at 1:56 and rolled over and ordered mine! I can't wait until it gets here!

Iluvsmuhgrass

Oh wow.... :sad:

I really hate that you got food poisoning (I've had it before and I was sooooo sick) but am happy you were able to get your curlbox!! I'm excited too. I can't wait to see what's in it! :yep: :woot:

JBunnie

Thanks for your kind words!!!! It was such a horrible feeling. I was begging my mother to take me to the hospital but she wouldn't. She's an RN and she knew that it would have been a waste at that point in time (it had only been a day since everything started). But the fact that it all worked out was great! My boyfriend is such a sweetheart and if I was at his apartment in that state he probably would have just let me sleep if I didn't wake up myself to get it. Then I would have woke up like this :angry2: and he would have been all :confused: then I would have gone all :wallbash: ::hammer:: and the weekend would have been even more unpleasant. LOL.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
So how do you get it? Or rather @JBunnie or Iluvsmuhgrass - how long after you signed up for the invite did you actually get invited to purchase?

The only invite I got was to meet the creator at KBB in Brooklyn.

Transformer

Or you could take your twenty dollars a month budget and satisfy your PJ urges yourself. I hate subscriptions...I'll just wonder the aisles and pick up something on my own.

By the way, how large are the samples in the curl box?

alive

Transformer said:
Or you could take your twenty dollars a month budget and satisfy your PJ urges yourself. I hate subscriptions...I'll just wonder the aisles and pick up something on my own.

Transformer It varies. I don't have a subscription but I've received a curl box as a gift once. I think it has two full sized products, two miniature sizes and a handful of single use packets

Iluvsmuhgrass

So how do you get it? Or rather @JBunnie or Iluvsmuhgrass - how long after you signed up for the invite did you actually get invited to purchase?

I waited for about two months. I missed the first one but got in on the second. They will email, tweet, and fb about the opening and time of the subscriptions. :yep:

I'm not wild about subscriptions either, but I felt this was worth it to me. Besides, I felt that I should support a sister's business. It's brilliant actually. :grin:

They have various sample sizes and some full sizes. As a matter of fact a bottle of conditioner featured in last months box had a value of $20 alone. Her birthday month had three full sized products (I think but don't quote me.) There are alot of people that have done blog and vlog reviews. If you search the web you can see what's in there. :yep:

JBunnie

Iluvsmuhgrass, I initially started typing what was in it in my first post, then I was like THAT IS SO RUDE! But considering the fact that I got one at all is god enough for me!

Iluvsmuhgrass

JBunnie LOL now you KNOW I'm curious!! I think that I recall Myelik saying in a video that there were like four versions of each month's boxes. I'm tempted to tell you to PM me and let me know what you got! :p :giggle: Hopefully mine will arrive within the next two days.

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

I got mine yesterday!!! Did anyone else get theirs?!

I received my first curlBOX today. I think another really good perk is that you get coupons for various brands in addition to products in the curlBOX. Def putting my 20% off from Sage Naturalceuticals coupon and the Jane Carter coupon to use as well!

KinkyGenius

OMG!! I take it you are not happy??? What's in it? Spill the tea...

sistatv -
I was kinda disappointed with the box to be honest, mostly because the two full sized products are full of cones and other ingredients I don't use on my hair. I'm going to give my subscription another 2-3 months and if there are more "misses" for me than "hits," I'll be canceling my subscription.