PLEASE HELP....Relaxed and Breaking

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
Thanks in advance ladies...Im relaxed and Ive been growing my hair out with weaves and half wigs for the better part of one or two years. I just got my hair relaxed a couple weeks ago and I did the aphogee 2step protein before relaxer and a mild protein afterwards. And washed once more with a moisturizing deep con.

My hair has a little length now and against my better judgement I caved to peer pressure and have been wearing it out without my normal PS. Nevertheless, I noticed I seem to have a lil breakage like I'll comb my hair and the comb will have shed and small broken hairs. I did the dry/wet strand test and I thought my hair needed more protein, so I used the 2 min aphogee protein treatment and I still noticed broken hairs.

How long does it take to see results from aphogee 2min and is it too soon to do the aphogee 2 step in a few days? I was gonna blowdry and style my hair for tomorrow, but Im lowkey blown and i just sprayed my aphogee green tea leave in with my other leave ins and bunned it. How can one safely transition from constantly PSing to wearing hair out regularly? Can ones hair be to weak to wear out after constant PSing even with recommended protein treatments?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
just my 2 cents but you may be protein sensitive like myself and are on protein overload which can cause chronic breakage... i went thru this and the breakage last for a couple of weeks (i was in denial)... i had to do a deep trim, keep hair slightly moist, wear hair up and leave it be...

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
Thanks for your input! Ive been keeping my hair moisturized regularly, so I would hope that would counteract any protein sensitivity I could have. Im airdrying right now, so Im gonna re-assess once its dry and see if its still breaking. I cant stomach another trim, since just I got one two wks ago with my relaxer. Def gonna go back under PS if this breakage just doenst get under control.

BadMamaJama

I think that you might have just overdone it with the protein a little bit. I'd dc with a moisture based conditioner overnight, then baggy my hair as much as possible.

mamaore

GrowGrl09, what products are you using, are you sure your moisturizing DC and your daily leave-in/remoisturizer do not have protein in them? If they do that could be adding to the protein overload.

lovebug10

Try a moisturizing deep conditioner. For a cheap fix you can put aussie moist on your wet hair, put on a plastic cap and leave it. You can use heat or you can go heatless. I was studying and left mine on for hours and it was super soft afterwards (actually a little too soft).

Hope this helps!

Bnster

This is the time to start moisturizing like crazy to stop the breakage. You should be able to wear you hair down even if you PS most of the time. Just make sure to take extra care of those ends of yours. Good luck, hon!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Yes! Pls read the labels on your "moisturizing" cons. Many still put a little bit of protein in the form of wheat germ, soy protein, etc. Even shampoos! Last week I washed and wondered why my hair balled up into mats as it lathered. Looking at the label showed wheat germ. Ugh.

Also coconut oil has protein, so if you're using that, might wanna chill for a while.

Good luck.

Ps, moisturizing can be as simple as wetting with water and maybe heavy sealing for a while with a thick butter

Flawlis1

Like other ladies mentioned, it seems like you may have overdone it with the protein, and since you have a fresh relaxer your hair is fragile and instead of the protein making it stronger it did the opposite. If you got a trim 2 weeks ago there is no need to do another, you'll just be losing length. Air drying is a good idea for now, because blow drying will cause weak and brittle hair. Try not to manipulate it too much in this next week and just give it a chance to recoup.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Like other ladies mentioned, it seems like you may have overdone it with the protein, and since you have a fresh relaxer your hair is fragile and instead of the protein making it stronger it did the opposite. If you got a trim 2 weeks ago there is no need to do another, you'll just be losing length. Air drying is a good idea for now, because blow drying will cause weak and brittle hair. Try not to manipulate it too much in this next week and just give it a chance to recoup.

Ita^^^^^^^^^