**** 2012 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I don't know about you but, I really need to get my water intake up and stay consistent. My goal is at least 64 oz of water a day. It's 3pm and I haven't had any yet. Hence this challenge.

Anybody wanna join me? If so, just thank the post and post your daily goal. Then, check in daily to stay on track. Simple. Your hair, skin and overall health with thank you (not to mention getting weight under control). :yep:

That said, I'ma go get a glass of water while you're considering whether you want to join. I hope I come back to find I have company. :drunk:

Woohoo!!!! Boy do we have challengers! Thanks for THANKING, Ladies. Here's our current list of healthy challengers:

Challengers
againstallodds
AngelDaBeauty
AtlantaJJ
bebezazueta
Blackbird77
Blairx0
Bnster
bronzebomb
Carmelella
ChasingBliss
D.Lisha
DayDreamist
DesignerCurls
djkforeal
DominicanBrazilian82
dream13
Evallusion
Fhrizzball
GaiasDaughter24
greenandchic
Guyaneek
hair4romheaven
IDareT'sHair
Ijanei
ImFree27
inneedofhelptx
IslandDiva08
itismehmmkay
Janet'
jayjaycurlz
Je Ne Sais Quoi
JessicaSorbet
jrae
Kerryann
kila82
KiWiStyle
KoriKiyomi
KPH
KumakoXsd
ladybug71
ladyscorpian14
LightEyedMami
LilMissSunshine5
lindsaywhat
Luvcurlies1984
LuvlyRain3
mallysmommy
Mertzy
metro_qt
missbugg21
MissCrawford
MissErikaM
mocatee
Monaleezza
MsAminta
Ms_CoCo37
MyAngelEyez~C~U
napbella
NappyNelle
NaturallyMede
naturalpride
NewHairWOWeave
Nix08
nyreeroberts1
ojemba
Petite One
PrissyHippie
qchelle
Ravengirl
ReignLocks
sharifeh
Solila
soonergirl
springy_curly
sqzbly1908
Ssbrwnsgr
sugarwater
TeeSGee
theneolution
tiffers
TracyNicole
trendsetta25
tricie
TrueSugar
vavouna
wheezy807
yodie
YoursTrulyRE

Last edited:

ladyscorpian14

Thanks for making this challenge I hate water so I'm going to start small for one month a glass a day then the second month two then so on

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I need this in my life, I've been seriously slacking on drinking water.

My goal is to drink 80-120 oz a day... I'd better get started. It's 2 in the afternoon and I still haven't drunk anything. :nono:

JJamiah

I will join :look: I hate water too. I will try to get 16oz in the increase next month to 24, during my work outs outside this is EASY breezy I usually go through 9 cups in an hour :nono: when not working out. I am working out inside not as thirsty. HUH going to get 8oz right now. LOL

KPH

House Head
I'm in...I drink a lot of water. I usually drink 64 or more ounces a day. I have had 32 so far.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I need this challenge like I need air, thanks for starting it! I too haven't had any water today and as soon as I finish this post i'm filling my bottle up. I too will be consuming 64oz a day.

theneolution

I'm definitely in -- I get really good about drinking water for days at a time then I fall off, but for now I'm going to shoot for at least 1 liter a day, or approximately 32 ounces.

bebezazueta

Y'all are reading my mind! I'm at 32 oz now. (2 water bottles). Halfway to my daily goal of 64 oz. I really want to do a gallon a day but I'm taking it slow.

Ms_CoCo37

I can definitely do this one! I've been pretty bad about my water intake. This will help me with my other challenges. I'll shoot for 64 oz. a day, if not more.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:woohoo: I have water buddies! Yes!!!!

And guess what. I didn't even drink while gone. Got distracted and took a nap. I'm not a big water drinker but usually can drink with lemon added. For awhile, I was on a roll and could drink it without lemon but, I'm starting from scratch now. :blush: AND, lemon is good to add anyway so, I'm drinking my first 8 oz now (@ 4:39pm :blush:). Hey! Better late than never.

Oh, and for some reason, I can't drink water first thing in the morning before eating. What's up with that?

In any case, I'm SO happy that you ladies are joining me. Let's drink to that! :superbanana:

Aggie

Oh my word @NJoy, I could kiss you for starting this challenge. I am so laxed in this area now, it's unbelievable. I will try to drink about 10 glasses a day but I'll start with about 7 glasses and work my way up. This is truly a real challenge for me:nono:.

Last edited:

NaNaEternally

I'm in!! this is prolly the 5th challenge I've joined... #addicted :) ...but yeah I need to drink more water too. i can't expect to get healthy hair without a healthy body. I'll start with 2 water bottles daily. Next I need a gym membership. Good luck all !!

jayjaycurlz

I'm going to gradually work my up to 64oz.

I'll start with 3 cups (24oz) a day for a month and work my way up from there.

I haven't had any water today and it's already 5pm here, yikes!

Thanks for this challenge Njoy!

leona2025

I'm joining. I drink so much fruit juice and I never drink water. I've been drink V8 Splash. The weird thing is when I'm thirst if I grab water first I will be satisfied and not even want to drink juice, but I just can not force myself to go for water first.

Ms. Tiki

Oh lawd another needed challenge. I'm going to be the queen of challenges. I'm in. The sad part is I'm suffering from acute renal failure. I was good after I initially saw my neuphrologist but I fell off. My goal is 3L per day. He said that is good enough.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Man, I have some catching up to do for today. 16 oz and feeling like I'm about to drown. :lol: I think I can get another 16 oz but, I'll try for more. :diver:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm joining. I drink so much fruit juice and I never drink water. I've been drink V8 Splash. The weird thing is when I'm thirst if I grab water first I will be satisfied and not even want to drink juice, but I just can not force myself to go for water first.

Girl, watch out for fruit juice. There are so many liquid calories in even 100% fruit juice. When I was preggy and gaining way too much weight, my dr told me to cut back on the fruit juices because of all the natural sugars/calories.

I find drinking bottles of water an easy option for passing up juices and bottled drinks. Something psychological about grabbing a water I guess. IDK.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I think I'll throw in some green tea, plain! ~ without sugar or honey ~ to get the additional benefits of green tea. Hey, it won't taste any better but at least it'll be a 2fer.

springy_curly

Count me in too! I used to be really good about drink water at one point all a drank was water and unsweetened herbal tea. I'm planning a new workout routine so I'm going to need to increase my water intake too! My goal is 48+ oz a day.

Good luck ladies!

greenandchic

I need to drink about 64oz of water a day too - especially on my workout days when its easier for me to be dehydrated. I also drink coffee so its even more imperative for me to load up on the water.

bebezazueta

Yes I drank 4-16 oz water bottles & now I'm on my 5th one! I'm exceeding my goal today. Yep!

ETA: got my ( Y ) up & did wii Zumba & finished up my 6th bottle. Spicy foods & exercise helped me today!

96 OZ day one!

Last edited: