Alter Ego Linange shea butter relaxer RAVE

Sexyred

I relaxed my hair this past weekend after being natural for 4yrs. It was something I thought long and hard about and did a lot of research on the different relaxers out there. Years ago when I first started relaxing I used optimum then they change the formula and I started using motions. Motions was ok, I don't believe I was ever wowed by it. Initially I wanted to use Mizani butter blends for fine and color treated hair because my hair is all of the above. But then I saw the thread for Alter ego linange and it was all she wrote. This relaxer is the BEST relaxer I have EVER had. My hair is not bone straight but maybe 80 -85% straight. It has body, movement and the shine is ridiculous. It left my hair feeling so soft and it looks like this is how my hair grows from my scalp. It does not have a chemical smell to it but rather a pleasant cake batter smell but it is not too strong. If you have fine/thin hair like myself and relax you should give this relaxer a try. The good thing is it didnt burn once and I was scratching all week long and I did a semi-permanent color a week before. I went to my sister's graduation on saturday and I got nothing but compliments from family and strangers. It is a very good relaxer in my opinion for fine/thin hair. These are pictures of my hair after a long hot day running errands and going to a graduation.

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Last edited:

Fyne

After being natural for 4 years I'd love to see the progress!! :)

ETA: How did you deal with the NG and the different textures?

Sexyred OK now im envious! To be able to stretch that long and still have lush locks to show off you've done well! I'm scared to stretch because of the horror stories!

Well done your hair looks well looked after and its showing and glowing!:yep:

I luuuurve progress!:dance7:

Last edited:

Sexyred

After being natural for 4 years I'd love to see the progress!! :)

ETA: How did you deal with the NG and the different textures?

Sad to say to me my hair is pass shoulder length I dont think I am armpit yet maybe 1-2 inches I would say. My stylist cut about two inches off because I suffered terriblely from single strand knots, tangles and split ends as a natural. This is the whole reason why I relaxed. I didnt have the two textures to deal with because I did a semi big chop at the beginning of my journey and wore braids for 4-6 months at a time over the next 4 years to let my hair rest. I texlaxed maybe 8 months ago but you couldnt tell because I washed the relaxer out after 5mins. I did achieve a healthier head of hair minus the split ends and knots. I realised that my hair needs to be in its straightest form to avoid the above problems. I expect to be armpit or past that by the end of the year crossing fingers for no setbacks.

*Added pics to first post*

Last edited:

NYDee

Very nice healthy looking hair. I used the relaxer the last time I relaxed and I liked how my hair didn't have that flat newly relaxed hair feeling.

Bnster

Nice job and nice style. Was that a rollerset! Were you anxious/nervous relaxing again? You will be APL in no time! HHJ!

Lisa

I knew I shouldn't have come in here! I just ordered this in the no-lye version (and about $100 worth of other stuff). Y'all get on my nerves :lol: you know I don't have good impulse control (Yet)!! :grin:

Lisa

OK I just finished relaxing and my hair feels thicker & stronger (if that makes since). I don't know if I can explain it but so far I like it. I will report back after I take down my roller set.