Cathy Howse Now on Youtube

LushLox

I love me some Cathy, but her ends... It's a shame because the rest of her hair is stunning.

g.lo

why she doesn't trim??? is she hanging on on length so badly?:nono:
her hair is so shiny and gorgeous!

Bun Mistress

I heard as of last year she was still transitioning. The way they (her ends) hang they seem relaxed (I should know hahaha as I have my own 5 inches of relaxed ends.). Her tips - minus the flat iron comments - were actually good. I read her (very short, don't buy it) book on transitioning that she published. It didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know but in her book she states that she wears nartural braid styles more often than constant flat ironing.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I heard as of last year she was still transitioning. The way they (her ends) hang they seem relaxed (I should know hahaha as I have my own 5 inches of relaxed ends.). Her tips - minus the flat iron comments - were actually good. I read her (very short, don't buy it) book on transitioning that she published. It didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know but in her book she states that she wears nartural braid styles more often than constant flat ironing.

according to this video she hasnt had a relaxer since 2004 and is completely natural. they even show a section of her hair loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auUB2w36je4&NR=1

iri9109

WTF? how you gon be a expert on black hair growth and you just past APL (maybe a slight possible BSB:rolleyes:) WITH jacked relaxed ends and you been growing out your hair since 2004? nah, son something aint right... :look:

Nonie

Her hair does look fuller and with more body now than it does on her homepage except for the ends of course.

For those who were wondering, you can see her natural hair in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auUB2w36je4&NR=1 (<--Redundant, I just realized @Napp posted the vid already; ma bad for not paying attention in class :dork: )

Oooh, is she doing a wet-to-dry press? (Ahem, I mean flat-iron since it seems she considers a press when you use a hot comb; to me a press is straightening hair with diret heat conduction regardless of tool used. *shrug*)

ETA That word before heat^^ is supposed to be "direct". I've learned to spell since I posted that. :hide:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Interesting.:perplexed I just purchased her Deep Conditioner.

Can't wait to try it. Will follow up with a Moisturizing Conditioner and/or Conditioning Rinse afterwards.

I primarily purchased it because Cream Tee Likes it.:lol:

I may also look into getting the Detangler at some point.:look:

Qualitee

Transitioning since 2004?:perplexed The way she uses heat, Im surprised she still has relaxed ends.

Last edited:

andromeda

Whelp :perplexed

Her contributions to the long black hair movement can't be denied. That being said, hair-wise, she's like that aunt of yours - she has hair that was considered long and healthy relative to what was around but it falls short of the more objective standards set by LHCF, YT, etc.

iri9109

At 2:13 her hair looks so good!

but 2:28 - 2:38. Cocky much? :ohwell:

lmao girl she must not have ever browsed LHCF b/c she acting like her hair is thick lustrous TBL! "every last string of it is my hair..." :rolleyes:yeah down to the stringy ends she holdin on to...&it better be hers because she got played if she paid for that.:ohwell:

LushLox

At 2:13 her hair looks so good!

but 2:28 - 2:38. Cocky much? :ohwell:

lmao I find her really funny, if you ever did read the FAQs on her website, bwoy she's so caustic! :lol:

Interesting.:perplexed I just purchased her Deep Conditioner.

Can't wait to try it. Will follow up with a Moisturizing Conditioner and/or Conditioning Rinse afterwards.

I primarily purchased it because @Cream Tee Likes it.:lol:

I may also look into getting the Detangler at some point.:look:

Yeah her deep conditioner is pretty good but you won't get any slip after using it, you must follow up with a proper moisturising condish. :yep:

Embyra

lmao girl she must not have ever browsed LHCF b/c she acting like her hair is thick lustrous TBL! "every last string of it is my hair..." :rolleyes:yeah down to the stringy ends she holdin on to...&it better be hers because she got played if she paid for that.:ohwell:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::yep: