2011 HYH Challenge! Starting Pix (Part I)

Ms_CoCo37

LADIES!!! I'M SORRY THIS THREAD IS LATE, BUT...

IT’S TIME TO GET THIS 2011 HYH PARTY STARTED!!!

Post your starting pictures here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS FOR STARTING PICTURES ONLY. The actual thread we will be posting to daily is here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...de-your-hair-challenge-jan-1st-june-30th.html

Now let me see those starting pictures!

Rossy2010

@Miryoku, you will get there and i will remind you of your comment in this thread:yep:

You all have beautiful hair..
Here is my starting pic

Okay this was taken on Dec. 24th, it's slightly better than the other starting challenge pic I have floating somewhere around. It's a bit dark...sorry!

Attachments

• IMG_0417_2.jpg
    IMG_0417_2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 52

chasturner84

My starting pic:

I trimmed about .5" off last night so my hair is slightly shorter but there's no drastic difference in length.

I hope to be BSL at the end of the first half of this challenge so I am really focusing on my retention :meditate:

Today I'm wearing my go to half wig (Outre Yasmine)...I'll probably rock her the majority of the time. It started off BSL-MBLish but I cut it to APL and as the ends get ratty, I'll cut it shorter until I have to buy a new one.

I'm not leaving any hair out, just rocking a headband:

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Let's get this piece started!!!! :woot:

Attachments

• 10%20weeks%20vs%2035%20weeks.jpg
    10%20weeks%20vs%2035%20weeks.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 79

Rossy2010

My starting pic:

I trimmed about .5" off last night so my hair is slightly shorter but there's no drastic difference in length.

I hope to be BSL at the end of the first half of this challenge so I am really focusing on my retention :meditate:

Today I'm wearing my go to half wig (Outre Yasmine)...I'll probably rock her the majority of the time. It started off BSL-MBLish but I cut it to APL and as the ends get ratty, I'll cut it shorter until I have to buy a new one.

Beautiful hair and progress.. However pls explain to me so that i can understand what is BSL and what length you consider yourself to be, :look:if that aint BSL.

chasturner84

Beautiful hair and progress.. However pls explain to me so that i can understand what is BSL and what length you consider yourself to be, :look:if that aint BSL.

Thanks! I consider my hair to be grazing BSB; BSL is longer than BSB on me so when my hair finally rests on my bra, I think I may claim it then. :yep: Heck, if I keep trimming, I may not be able to claim BSB :look:

Last edited:

ellehair

Chas,

What exactly does BSB stand for??.. I know this should be in the can i ask a dumb question thread, lol

You know i loves your hair, just wanted to remind you!

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Currently NL and shooting for Shoulder Length!

Attachments

• Length From Back End of 2010.JPG
    Length From Back End of 2010.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 21
  • length end of 2010.jpg
    length end of 2010.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 19
  • End of 2010.jpg
    End of 2010.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 21

inneedofhelptx

Here is my starting pic. I just hope that God will bless me to have hair as beautiful as the rest of you ladies. Good Luck to everyone.

chasturner84

Chas,

What exactly does BSB stand for??.. I know this should be in the can i ask a dumb question thread, lol

You know i loves your hair, just wanted to remind you!

Thanks! BSB = below shoulder blade. Since we wear our bras differently, some use this measurement on our body because the location of our shoulder blades does not change. It is more accuate than BSL.

ezina

So, I'd like to drop out of the hair challenge. I haven't had the time to hide my hair at all since the challenge started. Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

Already in hiding of course, but here is where I begin my journey. My goal is to make BSL this year (hopefully by July), and eek my way to MBL by December.