• Moisture > Seal > Baggy

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • Moisture > Baggy > Seal

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Other ( Please Post)

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Louisex3

I need to start baggying, I'm still not on top of my breakage, and I think baggying might be able to stop it.

miss cosmic

I used to moisturize seal then baggy but my hair would still be soggy in the morning, so now I moisturize then baggy and seal in the morning. I baggy overnight almost every night, using cling-wrap.

miss cosmic

i used to baggy over night but my hair was just soggy and mushy in the mornings :(

were you baggying wet hair or just hair dampened by moisturizer? I'm heavy handed and moisturizing left my hair soggy too. sealing in the morning instead of immediately after made a difference, as well as trying to go lighter with the moisture spritz.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
^^^^^ITA that moisturizing, baggy and sealing works better and reduces the soggy feel of the hair. One thing I notice is that my hair's dampness post baggy is dependent upon how much moisturizer I apply. The more moisturizer, the damper the hair post baggy.

Currently I'm moisturizing, baggy for 2 hours and seal. I then overnight baggy my ends (after sealing the hair). My ends are barely damp by morning. This is working out good for me.

Last edited:

Vashti

I baggy with a shower cap overnight. I oil my scalp, spritz with a moisturizer and the next morning I seal with an oil. My hair starts out really damp in the mornings but I don't care much because over the course of the morning it dries out.

Nonie

I usually baggy my hair without any products.

The only time I do use products is if I am planning to comb my hair out the next day. Then I use S Curl because it provides the slip that allows for easy combing.

OT, I hate that the Search Function isn't working coz having 20398137973 threads all with the same title is insanity. I wish there was a way to combine them all. :wallbash:

bimtheduck

I apply my moisturizer of choice, baggy, then I seal once I remove the baggy. This works pretty well for me.

Whimsy

I'm in the minority, I moisturize seal and then baggy. I do wake up with still damp/moisturized hair but I dont mind because I'm just wrapping it all up in a bun anyway.

That said, I only baggy maybe once a week. Not a consistent baggier by any means. Maybe if I did it more often I'd switch up my technique.

Louisex3

were you baggying wet hair or just hair dampened by moisturizer? I'm heavy handed and moisturizing left my hair soggy too. sealing in the morning instead of immediately after made a difference, as well as trying to go lighter with the moisture spritz.

i was baggying after moisturizing my hair in sections with glycerin + water spray thigny, sealing with EVOO the baggying with a shower cap

miss cosmic

try using less product, the glycerine and the heat from your head under the plastic will keep your hair damp till morning. a little product goes a really long way under those conditions. i'm still trying to overcome the heavy-handedness!

miss cosmic

happy to help - though i'm nowhere near being an expert. i only just began my healthy hair journey myself.

MaraWithLove

I baggy overnight, moisturize in the morning (if I even need to)/refresh and seal. Avocado butter is my fave butter to seal with <3

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I moisturize with my leave in, seal with castor oil and baggy my ends overnight. My hair is still damp in the morning but I don't mind.

Wanderland

I Moisture > Seal > Baggy I never thought to Moisture>Baggy>Seal, this makes a lot more sense to me. I'm going to try it!

CurlsBazillion

I moisturize-seal-baggy. I moisturize by misting my hair with a water/glycerine mix, and seal with a penetrating oil, coconut oil 9 times out of 10. It does make sense to moisturize-baggy-seal....will try it 2nite.

Kn0ttyByNatur3

I voted M>S>B my twist, but that is only on wash days.

For the rest of the weak I just simply baggy. I am very heavy handed with my products.:lick: So I don't really add anything for the rest of the week.