The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle Two (July - Dec)

Bluetopia

Hello All!

Back by popular demand, we are doing part two of the 2010 Baggy Challenge.

Here's the link from Cycle One:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=432272

This is very compatible with many other types of challenges (Jheri Juice, Healthy Napes and Edges, Hide Your Hair, Deep Conditioning, Wig, Use Your Stash etc) so all are welcome :grouphug:

Start date for Cycle One
Monday July 12th, 2010

End Date
Friday December 10th, 2010

The Rules are basic -
  • baggy at least 3 times a week
  • Check in as often as you can to let us know how you're doing
  • Answer the questions below
  1. How many times a week will you be baggying?
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
Who's Interested?

femmevertueuse

I am most definitely in!
1. I plan on baggying 2-3 times a week (really focusing on consistency)....
2. I will be using the S-Curl moisturizer and Kemi Oyl
3. Pony tail baggy it is!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm in!

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3 to 5 if not more

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? NTM silk leave in & evoo/jbco mix will be the staple but will sample other prods I have in my stash.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? ponytail during the week & whole head over the weekend.

grow

Thanks for starting us up again, Bluetopia!

How many times a week will you be baggying?

every single day i will baggy at night. i will be doing baggy buns from 5-7 days a week.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?

i have a ton of oils, so i won't list them all but i will surely be using alot of ceramide oils, jbco, coconut oil and evoo.
i also use Giovanni Leave-In, S-Curl, and regular conditioners on my ends every night.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?

i can't wear ponytails at night with comfort, that is a style i can only do during the day.
at night, i will just leave my hair out but under my "bag" over which i apply a bonnet to keep it warm and fixed on my head.
leaving my hair "out" under my bag has also helped my edges to fill in nicely.

Chameleonchick

I am joining this challenge since I think it helped with moisturizing last cycle.

How many times a week will you be baggying?

3 times at least

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?

The moisturizer may be different, because I have quite a few to choose from but, my final spritz will be either Protective mist bodifier or Premier Rehydrant Spray.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?

I will be whole head baggying.

Bluetopia

I have a confession to make ladies: I've been in braids the past month and have gotten super lazy with my regi.

BUT I'm back on track and will be washing my braids weekly (best time to do it since there's no detangling) and re-introducing baggying into my regimen.

I'm hoping this heatwave will cause me to have one of those summer time growth spurts I keep hearing about. :yep:

Please count me in!!

Currently my hair is braided (no extensions added)
1. I plan on continuing to baggy nightly.
2. I've got too many oils to name, but the main staple oils are JBCO and coconut oil concoction :).
3. WH baggying for me :)

Good luck ladies!!

PocketVenus

I'm joining in. Whole head baggying definitely at least 3 times/week. Some combo of evco or evoo and Alberto VO5 Tea Therapy Revitalizing Conditioner.

Platinum

I'm in! :grin: I :love: baggying! It worked wonders for my hair while I transitioned and now that I'm 100% natural, it really helps to keep my hair soft and moist.

I plan to continue whole head baggying every night. I like to baggy with Worlds of Curls activator and moisturizer, along with Surge 14 spray. I will also use Wild Growth Hair Oil or Haitian Black Castor Oil on my scalp atleast twice a week.

rastapretty

This will be my first challenge since joining .... I am IN. In great need of moisture anyway
  1. How many times a week will you be baggying?
    I will be baggying at least 3 times a week
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
    I will be using Scurl and either EVOO or Coconut or whatever oil I may have at hand
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
    I might be doing both ... depending on the need.

CandyCurls

.................................................. ......

Last edited:

B3e

I have never baggied unless you count overnight DC. But I would like to make it a habit.

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3x a week or more (at least before each cowash day)

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Vo5, Carefree Curl, braid spray mix, evoo and Indian Oil.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? I will do my whole head since I am in braids.

Last edited:

make_me_over

Oooo I'm in! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? at least 4x a week
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? burdock root butter, silk elements, neutrogena, liv, mango butter, avocado butter, sweet almond butter, etc
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? It will be ponytail, I've never baggied my whole head, but I might have to try that.
This is my first challenge and I am sooooo excited (I hope I can keep it up)♥♥♥

grow

Oooo I'm in! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

1. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? burdock root butter, silk elements, neutrogena, liv, mango butter, avocado butter, sweet almond butter, etc
This is my first challenge and I am sooooo excited (I hope I can keep it up)♥♥♥

those butters sound yummy!:lick:
where do you get them from?
especially the burdock root butter.....!
i know burdock root is good for you and i use it in my tea rinses, but the butter? i never even knew they made any!:blush:

thanks for the info!:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in. I will be whole head baggying at least 5x/wk. I will use one of the following: Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier, Shea Moisture's Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Spray, Oyin's Juices & Berries, Hairveda's Hydrasilica Spritz, or Anita Grant's Rose Aloe Spritz.

make_me_over

those butters sound yummy!:lick:
where do you get them from?
especially the burdock root butter.....!
i know burdock root is good for you and i use it in my tea rinses, but the butter? i never even knew they made any!:blush:

thanks for the info!:yep:

I know right!?! Butters are great for moisture. The burdock root butter cream (which has a slight lemon scent) I get from Qhemetbiologics.com. The mango, avocado, & sweet almond butters (all unscented) I get from Oilsbynature.com (they have so much to choose from). Enjoy :grin:

growinghair

I'm in!

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3-5 days

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? glycerin, water, coconut oil, shea butter

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Both. It will depend on the style my hair is in.

Whimsy

wow you guys are on it!!
Good luck to all, i can't wait to see the results thread.
I wish you all MEGA GROWTH AND RETENTION!!!

babayred_86

I'm in

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?beemine luscious and deja milk, and either vatika or jbco
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? depends on what hair style i;m doing the next day so i will say both

grow

still whole head baggying every night.

i just got these new salon thermal plastic caps and whew, are they thick!

makes my head feel like it's in a turkish bath/sauna.....i can see beads of water forming just minutes after i put that on!

now that i'm in this good habit, i don't think i can sleep any other way!

wherever i go, my bag will be right there with me!

Alta Angel

How many times a week will you be baggying? 5-7 xs per week
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Homemade spritz
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole head baggying

Baggying every night has been great for my transitioning hair!

grow

Gorw, where did you purchase your thermal plastic cap?

Hi VirGoViXxEn!

i live in milan, italy, so the BSS's don't have a huge selection of products for our hair, but that is one of the things they just happened to have.

they say the salons use them for thermal processing, like coloring and all.
they are made of a plastic that is quite heavy, thick and as clear as a slate of glass.

so check the BSS stores in your area and look for something that fits that description. i hope you get them!:yep:

Platinum

Baggied last night with Sta Sof Fro and sealed with Castor oil. It feels a little greasy today but I'll wait until the end of the day before I decide whether I want to use this again or not.:ohwell: