The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

Bluetopia

*UPDATED* Link to Cycle Two:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11439274&highlight=#post11439274http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11439274#post11439274
--------------------------

Hey Ladies!

I love baggying my hair and do it several times a week, especially on the weekends when I'm just lounging around (in fact I'm baggying my whole head as I type this :look:)

But I haven't seen a 2010 baggy challenge posted yet so here goes!

This is very compatible with many other types of challenges (Healthy Napes and Edges, Ends, Hide Your Hair, Deep Conditioning, Wig, Use Your Stash etc) so all are welcome :grouphug:

Start date for Cycle One
Monday Jan 4th, 2010

End Date
Friday July 2nd, 2010

Our 6 month mark being right before 4th of July weekend should = tons of great pics

The Rules are basic -
  • baggy at least 3 times a week
  • Check in at least once a week to let us know how you're doing
  • Answer the questions below
  1. How many times a week will you be baggying?
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
Thread from Tiffers' previous baggy challenge (great read for beginners)
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=360386

So who's with me?

I can't be the only chick around here walking around like this. Even Snoop and Perez know baggying is the business :lachen:

Let's go! :clap:

Last edited:

Bluetopia

Baggy Beauties

:gorgeous: armywife
:gorgeous: AvaSpeaks
:gorgeous: BlkOnyx488
:gorgeous: Bluetopia
:gorgeous: Bnster
:gorgeous: Chameleonchick
:gorgeous: Chaosbutterfly
:gorgeous: cherepikr
:gorgeous: CherieMarie
:gorgeous: CurliDiva
:gorgeous: cutenss
:gorgeous: elegantblkrose
:gorgeous: Emoniegirl03
:gorgeous: Forever in Bloom
:gorgeous: goodmorningruby
:gorgeous: growinghair
:gorgeous: Hair2Here
:gorgeous: HeChangedMyName
:gorgeous: Honeytips
:gorgeous: IDareT'sHair
:gorgeous: IMFOCSD
:gorgeous: Jade Feria
:gorgeous: kcolbert
:gorgeous: lolasmane
:gorgeous: love.akihsoy
:gorgeous: mariofmagdal
:gorgeous: MissAlyssa
:gorgeous: Mook's hair
:gorgeous: MrsSmitty77
:gorgeous: msdeevee
:gorgeous: Ms. A.Sunshine
:gorgeous: Ms. Feliz
:gorgeous: Mz.Shug
:gorgeous: Mzz Mac
:gorgeous: mtmorg
:gorgeous: naturalepiphany
:gorgeous: NJoy
:gorgeous: ParagonTresses
:gorgeous: Platinum
:gorgeous: QurlyQutie
:gorgeous: tash85
:gorgeous: taz007
:gorgeous: TeeWhyAre
:gorgeous: unique4lyfe33
:gorgeous: ycj1

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

I'm in so many challenges right now, let's go ahead and add another! It's been a long time since I baggied :ohwell:

I'll start tonight/this morning with Hairveda's Whipped (Baggy) Cream :grin:

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3-4 times each night. Don't know what to do when I get this weave put in for 2 months.
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Hairveda's Whipped (Baggy) Cream until it's all gone, then I'll update on what else I'll be using.
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole head baggying, when I am in twists or braids (my hair)

Last edited:

Platinum

I'll join...:grin:

I love to baggy every night with Sta Sof Fro and Surge 14. I'm in Senegalese Twists right now. Baggying helps keep my hair moist and I have no breakage when I remove my braids. I cowash and DC 2-3x a week.

TeeWhyAre

I'm in.

The Rules are basic -
  • baggy at least 3 times a week - CHECK
  • Check in at least once a week to let us know how you're doing - I'm inconsistent with checking in on challenges but this has been my routine for the past 5-6 months, so, I'm good.
  • Answer the questions below - CHECK

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 7
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? whichever ones are around. mostly pantene naturefusion moisture balance w/ castor oil/coconut oil or shea butter and sometimes vaseline on my ends. Or I use a mix a created of 1/2 an avocado fruit, food grade cocoa butter, shea butter, olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil put it all in a food processor, store and use.
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? i will be baggying my bun 24/7 like my hair inspiration chicoro

seeing Chicoro's ponytail is what inspired me to start reading about other ladies that baggy. It worked well for some and not so well for others but in the end I had to see what MY hair would respond to. Baggying my buns has worked out very well so far for my hair.

I wrap my bun with decorative scarves during the day.

**pic taken from Chicoro's fotki, found here: Chicoro's Fotki

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Another challenge that will fit with me this year. I just did this last night. So I'm in will baggy 3 times a week with either oils or a moisturizer. I will be whole head baggying.

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I've joined like...nine challenges so far. :nono:
Oh well, let's add another, I'm in! :grin:

How many times a week will you be baggying?
I'll be baggying at least 4 days a week. Baggying helps keep my hands out of my hair, so when I come home from school or work, or am just laying around, I always try to slap a baggy on my head.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
I'm still pinpointing a moisturizer, so I'll be updating this later with a staple. For now, I use (not all at once) Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In, Wave Nouveau Lotion, Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, Cantu Shea Butter Oil Moisturizer, or my current favorite, a homemade mixture of water, vatika oil, and Nexxus Humectress. Sometimes, I don't use anything at all though, I just put on the cap.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
I do both, depending on what I need. If I'm wearing my hair straight that week, I ponytail baggy. If I have lots of new growth or I don't care about straightness, I'll whole head baggy.

mariofmagdal

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? I baggy nightly.
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Aloe Vera Gel, QP Mango Butter, Coconut Oil. (using up old products too.)
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole Head Baggy.

I love to baggy, count me in!:grin:

goodmorningruby

What the heck, why not? I'll join too. I was only going to join two challenges this year, but I think this one will really help me out.

How many times a week will you be baggying? As often as possible. I think I might ease into 24/7 baggying this year.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Probably a lot of Aussie Moist and EVOO. Love that stuff (AM). I have some other products I want to use up and get rid of so I'll be using those too. I will update about this later, being an occasional PJ and all... :ohwell:

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Bun/ponytail for ends/retention. I can't do the whole head baggying, makes my scalp itch like a mutha.

Thanks Bluetopia! :grin: Going to go baggy my ends right now...

4evershika

I'd like to join! I baggy on and off but being in this challenge will help me to be more consistent with it.

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3 times a week for now, maybe more later on.
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? I don't really have a staple moisturizer so I'll be using my normal leave-in (Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Potion Leave-in) and I'll seal with Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? My hair is not long enough to benefit too much from ponytail baggying so I will whole-head baggying until I gain some more length.

lolascurls

I want in! I'm planning on giving baggying another chance this year. :grin:

The Rules are basic -

• baggy at least 3 times a week - Check
  • Check in at least once a week to let us know how you're doing - Check
  • Answer the questions below - Check

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 7 times a week. For 1-3 hours only.
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Organics Leave-in Mayo, Cantu shea butter leave-in and my Afroveda Vata collection when they arrive, by God's grace.
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Buns - I need to retain length and give my ends a fighting chance.
So excited! wanna make WL by June and this will up my chances. Baggy with alternating protein and moisturizing leave-ins!:drunk:

Ozma

Please count me in as I am baggying anyway for another challenge.

I will baggy 4 nights/week

Ponytail/ends baggy only

Products: JBCO w/lavender + Hairveda Baggy Cream

naturalepiphany

Please add me to this challenge I love to baggy and my hair loves it.

How many times a week will you be baggying? At least 4 times a week
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Until I update I'm using water, cantu shea butter leave-in and unrefined shea butter.
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Both

AvaSpeaks

The Rules are basic -
  • baggy at least 3 times a week
  • Check in at least once a week to let us know how you're doing
  • Answer the questions below
  1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 3x a week
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In-Cream & Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Baggying my twists :clap:
Okay I'm gonna stick with this challenge. Bring it on :strong:

Bluetopia

Welcome Ladies! :grin:

Let me know if you want your name added to the list.

Here are my answers
  1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 5 -7 days a week
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? I always dampen my hair with a light mist of spray I made containing conditioner, water & oil, then I moisturize, and seal with jbco or some other oil. The moisturizer for the middle step is either one of my Qhemets moisturizers (i have them all:look:), Wave Nouveau, MN mix or whatever I have on hand and feel like my hair needs
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? I used to only do ponytail baggying and would rock a bun all day. But since I'm half wigging at least till Spring...for now it's whole head.

Ms. Feliz

I'd like to have my name added to the list :yep:

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? Daily
2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? NTM and alternate between Vitamin E Oil and Tea Tree oil
3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Both

tash85

I'm in.. infact I'm baggying right now!

How many times a week will you be baggying? 4-7 days a week depending on the style

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? I usually use a mix of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner, Hot six oil and Glycerin.

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Once again, this depends on my mood. I tend to find that if I whole head baggy overnight if I plan to braid/twist out in the morning leaves my hair too damp in the morning an prone to frizz. I'm pony baggying 24/7 for the next two weeks with a phony pony

Cant wait till the 6 month check!

MrsSmitty77

I'm In!!!!!

How many times a week will you be baggying? I baggy anytime I am home doing nothing.
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Hollywood Olive Oil Cream w/ other various oils.
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole Head and Ponytail Baggy

Honeytips

Wonderful, I've been thinking a lot lately of baggying (heard about it but never tried) so count me in too!!

How many times a week will you be baggying? At least 4 nights a week
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Organics Olive oil conditioner, shea butter and Castor oil
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole head since I'm sporting a TWA

Last edited:

CurliDiva

I'm IN!

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? I tend to baggie every night just to keep my pillow clean and dry. I'm planning to baggie under my wig (with a wig cap on top) to keep my hair safe from this frigid weather.

2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? I'm on a personal "use it up" product challenge, so the brands will change but I use a liquid leave-in (ex. Infusium or braid spray), then a creamy leave-in (ex. Scurl or Hawaiian Silky), and then seal with a light oil (Grape seed or Jojoba oil) and finally a heavy oil or butter (ex. Castor or Shea Butter). This sound like a lot by I use a small amount of each product and allow time between each application so that it absorbs.

3 Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? I baggie my whole head!

ParagonTresses

OMG this is right on time! I'm in!! I've been experimenting with twisting/pixie braiding my hair; they look great the first few days then they frizz something terrible! I experimented with the baggy method on my whole head and I :love2: the results! Who knew alil water and a jheri curl cap could make such a difference:grin:! Anyhoo, here are my stats:

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 7 (nightly and when I'm lounging)
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? One of the many spritzes I have (Darcy's Leave in, Greg Juice, etc)
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole head

goodmorningruby

seeing Chicoro's ponytail is what inspired me to start reading about other ladies that baggy. It worked well for some and not so well for others but in the end I had to see what MY hair would respond to. Baggying my buns has worked out very well so far for my hair.

I wrap my bun with decorative scarves during the day.

**pic taken from Chicoro's fotki, found here: Chicoro's Fotki

Chicoro is amazing. I should probably stop stalking her fotki, it's a little creepy. :laugh:

4evershika

UPDATE!

I've already baggied for 2 out of my 3 times per week! This week I'll probably end up baggying 4 or 5 times, yay!

So far, so good.

HeChangedMyName

Ok Ok Ok. You talked me into it. I'll join. I'll be baggying at least three times a week. I'm gonna do my whole head and will be using my newfound love; a combination of Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and grapeseed oil.

I baggied last night for a lil while. I will probably baggy tonight for a while too.

Mz.Shug

How many times a week will you be baggying?
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?

3x's a week at night
Hairveda's whippped creme
Ponytail

Happy growing!

kcolbert

Please add me in:

How many times a week will you be baggying? Daily, under wig at work and at night

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Glycerin/Water mix and castor oil

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole head baggying