Confused about hair type

steph

Hi, I hear people talk about what hair types 3c,4a,4b etc.I know you can have different texture in the hair. I am just confused what hair type I would be because my hair is fine when wet and slightly thicker when dry. It has a a curl patern. I think i could be a 3b or 3c, but when i shower my hair is not straight. I has more of a stretched curl. The closes person I know with my silimar hair type is Irulan from Real World Las Vegas. The difference is mines is slightly thicker and i have a lot of shrinkage. My hair is midback in shower, but shoulder length when dry. Any opinions. Thanks.

BrightEyes

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
steph said:It has a a curl patern. I think i could be a 3b or 3c, but when i shower my hair is not straight. I has more of a stretched curl. The closes person I know with my silimar hair type is Irulan from Real World Las Vegas. The difference is mines is slightly thicker and i have a lot of shrinkage. My hair is midback in shower, but shoulder length when dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like 3c/4a hair to me.

Lee

Sorry I couldn't be of help. I fall in the same boat as you do. My hair is relaxed. When my hair is wet I have the S curl pattern. When air dryed my hair is wavy, soft and medium texture. I have no idea what my hair pattern is.

BrightEyes

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Crysdon said:
Hi Steph,

You're a 3b/3c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. She said that her hair was not straight when wet, and 3b/c hair is. I'm a 4a and my hair does the S-curl thing when soaking wet.

Steph,

I would take a hand mirror into the shower with you and look at your hair as you wet it with the water. I know that my hair is very wavy and flat when it's soaking. But by the time I finish my shower and get out, it's already started to curl back up. Your best bet is to look at it right after you drench yourself.

G

This is what I just poseted in the other hair type thread..

"If your new growth is straight when wet and it gets easily wet in a couple seconds after ifs dipped in water, you could be 3C,

However if your newgrowth takes a lil longer to get wet and doesnt get completly straight your a 4A

4B hair stays relativly curly in the water.

*Make sure you look at your new growth only and not your relaxed hair. "