Huetiful Hair Steamer.....Review!

Chevelure618

Got my hair steamer last night...used it right away. I LOVE IT. My hair has never been softer after a DC. It was easy to put together and it didn't say anything about distilled water, but I'm going to go get some anyway.

I used Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner mixed with some Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor (just had my hair texlaxed), pinned my hair on top of my head and used the steamer without a plastic cap. 20 minutes later I rinsed out and my hair was butter. I have to say that the hair didn't feel like it was really 'melting down' until about the 15 minute point.

I think this is what is going to get me to BSL and beyond

QUESTION: Are you supposed to use a plastic cap? Wouldn't the steam directly onto the hair be better?

UGQueen

hey!!

congrats on your new steamer!!!! :D

use it without a plastic cap that way the steam has direct contact with your hair otherwise its simply the heat you will be feeling if you use it with a cap.

i cant wait to get a steamer this summer!! So excited

may i ask what kind of steamer you got ?

JJamiah

I love my steamer and I use distilled water even though they advertise you can use it with Tap. Tap has minerals and other things that may cause deposits on my machine.

I also don't use a cap, my hair feels like silk all the time. :)

Congratulations on your purchase :) enjoy it. Be careful not to over due it though!
it can be tempting to steam forever.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Ok-ya'll done wore me out. I was going to stick to the hot towel because I had good results, so I can only imagine the steamer -- off to find one....

Minty

okay okay okay, I give in. I don't have NO kinda space in my place as it is.......somebody tell me where I can get a small steamer please. I can't take it anymore!

mimi0410

okay okay okay, I give in. I don't have NO kinda space in my place as it is.......somebody tell me where I can get a small steamer please. I can't take it anymore!
The one being reviewed is the small tabletop one... you can find it here
www.behuetiful.com

cutenss

I'll let you know when I get it. Its on the way :yay: I ordered this same one off Ebay. This way I got to use my paypal.

mimi0410

Glad you are happy with your purchase :yep:. Ive had my steamer for about a year and LOVE it!! I steam without a cap as well. I noticed that when I use protein cons the feeling of moisture (although there) isnt quite the same as when I use a moisturizing con. But I LOVE my steamer:love3:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I was thinking of one of the ones from salonsrus last month, but I figured tabletop may be more convenient for me, easier storage I'm thinking. This site offers free shipping. I got the face steam attachment too. Anybody know if it's ok to steam a weave? :grin:

Nappy_in_the_City

I love my steamer I got from SalonsRUs, I'm a tad busy sometimes and hate rolling it out to sit underneath it but when I do... I feel like my hair makes that "AH" sound like after you drink a glass of cold water. Also the conditioner that you use is key too!

mimi0410

I love my steamer I got from SalonsRUs, I'm a tad busy sometimes and hate rolling it out to sit underneath it but when I do... I feel like my hair makes that "AH" sound like after you drink a glass of cold water. Also the conditioner that you use is key too!

:lachen:This sounds so much like me...I can be lazy rolling it out..but when I do Im in love. Ive gotten more consistent lately. And you are sooo right the kind of conditoner makes all the difference :yep:

UGQueen

ok im def getting one, but im gunna hold out until i take out this install otherwise ill be taking out me weave before the date..
im so excited tho!

JJamiah

I have no issues rolling it out BECAUSE I don't move it. I'd bite the hands that move my steamer. Plus between my son, my cousin, and myself my wittle steamer don't get rest! LOL It is awesome. I have the ultra light from salonsrus. I use Ion Extreme Moisture with a little Porosity control in it. Can you say SILK, SILK SILK SILK!

I have also used Yes to carrots and Silk elements megasilk in the green container. The results are also great with these but Ion is my fav.

Congratulations on all who just purchased and for those who haven't yet (UGQueen) I won't say no names, Girl go ORdER ORDER ORDER, you know you want to. :D

Optimus_Prime

I have no issues rolling it out BECAUSE I don't move it. I'd bite the hands that move my steamer. Plus between my son, my cousin, and myself my wittle steamer don't get rest! LOL It is awesome. I have the ultra light from salonsrus. I use Ion Extreme Moisture with a little Porosity control in it. Can you say SILK, SILK SILK SILK!

I have also used Yes to carrots and Silk elements megasilk in the green container. The results are also great with these but Ion is my fav.

Congratulations on all who just purchased and for those who haven't yet (UGQueen) I won't say no names, Girl go ORdER ORDER ORDER, you know you want to. :D

:dead: :lachen:

tanjola

Got my hair steamer last night...used it right away. I LOVE IT. My hair has never been softer after a DC. It was easy to put together and it didn't say anything about distilled water, but I'm going to go get some anyway.

I used Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner mixed with some Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor (just had my hair texlaxed), pinned my hair on top of my head and used the steamer without a plastic cap. 20 minutes later I rinsed out and my hair was butter. I have to say that the hair didn't feel like it was really 'melting down' until about the 15 minute point.

I think this is what is going to get me to BSL and beyond

QUESTION: Are you supposed to use a plastic cap? Wouldn't the steam
directly onto the hair be better?

Got mine last Thursday and have been so busy I haven't had a chance to use it!! I will be using it tonight on me and my DD.

trinigul

My natural hair loves the steamer too! Hell, I love it. It's SOOOO relaxing that I have increased the frequency of washing my hair just so that I could get under that hood. I place it nice and low (but not touching the top of my head) so that I can steam my face also.

Infact, a few hours ago I steamed with AO HSR, raw honey, honeyquat and coconut oil. So now I'm at work all relaxed with great hair and skin.

I too have the large one (salonsRus) and no room. So, like the treadmill, it is an integral part of the livingroom furniture.

ETA: No cap

Last edited:

UGQueen

Haha seriously i need to stop pretending like i dont want it,
next paycheck i will put in my order,
hmm now i just gotta figure out which one it is i should get.. :perplexed

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I should be receiving mine by the end of the week. Huetiful already sent me the track# & only takes 2 days to get to me from Atlanta. SOOOO excited. UGQueen, I too am in an install, but Imma pin this sucka up and get under that steamer asap! I been itching to take mine out too, but trying to push to May. Thinking of using a hair net to keep the hair up....

UGQueen

I should be receiving mine by the end of the week. Huetiful already sent me the track# & only takes 2 days to get to me from Atlanta. SOOOO excited. UGQueen, I too am in an install, but Imma pin this sucka up and get under that steamer asap! I been itching to take mine out too, but trying to push to May. Thinking of using a hair net to keep the hair up....

Omg im glad you and i think the same!!!:grin:
Im wearing velvet remi and this is the third time (maybe even forth) time ive had it installed. it holds up so well, i dont think a little steam could do any damage. (even if it does o well means i can take it out to steam for real HAHA!! even better)
I was thinking of pinning my hair up as well and getting under that bad boy regardless, im tryna keep mine until the end of may as well..
we need to keep eachother updated!!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Omg im glad you and i think the same!!!:grin:
Im wearing velvet remi and this is the third time (maybe even forth) time ive had it installed. it holds up so well, i dont think a little steam could do any damage. (even if it does o well means i can take it out to steam for real HAHA!! even better)
I was thinking of pinning my hair up as well and getting under that bad boy regardless, im tryna keep mine until the end of may as well..
we need to keep eachother updated!!

Will do. Yes the hair I have can definately withstand the steaming, and I think it will make the weave hair really silky -It's Arjuni mixed w/ lil Lugo - 2nd install w/Arjuni, Lugo is 2yrs old, previously installed 3x, dug out of a dusty draw, washed and colored and came back brand new! :lachen:

UGQueen

Will do. Yes the hair I have can definately withstand the steaming, and I think it will make the weave hair really silky -It's Arjuni mixed w/ lil Lugo - 2nd install w/Arjuni, Lugo is 2yrs old, previously installed 3x, dug out of a dusty draw, washed and colored and came back brand new! :lachen:

:lachen:haha gotta love it, people look at me like im crazy when i say i buy my hair for 80 dollars a pack (im a college student),
but according to my calculations, in the end its cheaper and 90% of the time looks much better! :look:

ladychoong

You girls are hilarious but i recently bought the same ionic steamer but from a seller on ebay, will be using it in a second and cast my verdict...if this is really good i'm gonna sell my stand up one it's just too large arggh!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
You girls are hilarious but i recently bought the same ionic steamer but from a seller on ebay, will be using it in a second and cast my verdict...if this is really good i'm gonna sell my stand up one it's just too large arggh!

Please do, also if you want to let us know what conditioners you used it would be nice.

ladychoong

yea lol finally just put my sister under it with AO GPB, tsp castor oil, sunflower oil, organic conditioner base....so i'll see how this turns out

Ntoxicating

Hmmmm....I just gave my fiance my credit card last night because I have purchased too many hair products this month. Now I have to devise a plan to get it back.....(getting the sleeping pills out of the cabinet). Gosh, I promised myself not to spend anything else this month. This site is a shepard of the devil!!!!!!!