Kinky Curly Weave for 4b Naturals - Very Little Blending (pics)

Ediese

A few people have asked for kinky curly weave recs that could blend with their 4b natural hair. I posted about this hair briefly, but wanted to share these pics that I just ran across.

If anyone purchases, please don't forget to share pics. This hair looks like it would blend effortlessly with 4b hair. The lady that's wearing it posted that she doesn't even need to blend. (If you guys want more defined coils, you could also add some AAMH (allaboutmyhair.com) kinky curly tracks to the back.

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page43.html

This is how the hair looks installed.

http://public.fotki.com/alotofstrands/

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
oh, i've seen this. i even asked for a sample and they sent me one, but the piece was so small i couldn't really test out the hair's "properties" very well. :look:

Duchesse

That hair looks great! I've been thinking of getting a weave in the spring, but wanted a kinkier texture. But now I'm confused about hair types again :spinning:

Britt4209

I'm with yall on this one...I actually am weaved up right now until about April, but when that warmer weather hits then I dont think that I could do the straight weaves much..This would be great for the spring

femmemuscle

i have the aamh kinky curly weave in my head. i will say, it is very high-maintenance. go over to BHM, and look up the reviews.

On my first install, i couldn't wait to get that crap out of my hair. It sheds like crazy if you cut the wefts. Please do not cut the wefts. if you do, have it re-wefted by Sam, or reinforce with glue.

I would wake up every morning with a basin full of hair from the shedding. plus it would dread up horribly.

the second install, i was able to pm and ask questions to the BHM forum members who seemed to have luck with this hair. Thanks to these ladies, i have it installed and never looked back. 10" is all i need for a shoulder length afro. that's it. But it's a lot of maintenance. a LOT..

Eclass215

Wow, this really looks like it could be my hair. I got a sample of the other one, the curlier one - but now I'm thinking twice...

jada1111

A few people have asked for kinky curly weave recs that could blend with their 4b natural hair. I posted about this hair briefly, but wanted to share these pics that I just ran across.

If anyone purchases, please don't forget to share pics. This hair looks like it would blend effortlessly with 4b hair. The lady that's wearing it posted that she doesn't even need to blend. (If you guys want more defined coils, you could also add some AAMH (allaboutmyhair.com) kinky curly tracks to the back.

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page43.html

This is how the hair looks installed.

http://public.fotki.com/alotofstrands/

Does the hair come any longer than this? Like mid-back length?

If not, then I don't need to get cause my hair is already about this length. It's beautiful and I love the fact that it's very afro-textured. I just wish it came in longer lengths.

Last edited:

Platinum

It looks so natural. I'm transitioning and I would love to try using that hair this year. Thanks for sharing Ediese! :kiss:

Eisani

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too. How do you know how many ounces of hair to order?

If not, then I don't need to get cause my hair is already about this length. It's beautiful and I love the fact that it's very afro-textured. I just wish it came in longer lengths.

I thought this at first, too. But maybe yu could do it just to give yourself a break, no? My curls are just below the shoulder unstretched and a little past BSL when straightened, but I don't think I would ever get a weave longer than either of those (curly/straight respectively)...but I think it would be a nice option just to give myself a break from styling.

Ediese

All hail Edisse the Weave queen :worship2: we are not worthy:lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen: You're so silly! I haven't tried this one yet, so I can't really give a good review. Hopefully, if someone else get it, they'll share.

i have the aamh kinky curly weave in my head. i will say, it is very high-maintenance. go over to BHM, and look up the reviews.

On my first install, i couldn't wait to get that crap out of my hair. It sheds like crazy if you cut the wefts. Please do not cut the wefts. if you do, have it re-wefted by Sam, or reinforce with glue.

I would wake up every morning with a basin full of hair from the shedding. plus it would dread up horribly.

the second install, i was able to pm and ask questions to the BHM forum members who seemed to have luck with this hair. Thanks to these ladies, i have it installed and never looked back. 10" is all i need for a shoulder length afro. that's it. But it's a lot of maintenance. a LOT..

I'm sorry that you had problems with it at first, and I'm happy it worked out for it. I love the curls with the AAMH. I think it matches my texture more than the others.

I'm on BHM too, and I've seen good and bad reviews for the AAMH. I think with all hair, there is going to be good and bad (even EP gets bad reviews sometimes). I will say that kinky curly hair has a tendency to be very high maintenance. It's very similiar to our real natural hair. Unlike straight hair, you can't just install it and be on your merry way. :)

I've tried Laniks, RHO, Halleys Curls and AAMH, they ALL required work, some more than the rest. Thanks for the tip on sealing or reinforcing the wefts. I always recommend that if hair you receive doesn't have a sturdy weft like EP. It certainly does help minimize shedding.

It comes in 12", 16", and 20".

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too. How do you know how many ounces of hair to order?

I think it depends on how big you want it. Most times people purchase 8oz to be on the safe side, but if you want a realistic density all 8oz is usually not used. I always have a little left over. I've seen some people purchase 10oz and install 10oz. :ohwell: To me, it always looks really full and not real.

MrsHdrLe

Beware of the Laniks hair! I bought it (kinky curly) and
a) It sheds like crazy. I had to have more hair installed when I went to my hairstylist only 2 weeks later.
b) The texture was REALLY off. I have to wear it blown out or straightened to blend b/c it's rather shiny. This effect may wear off or not, too soon to tell.
c) The curls were not as tight as the pictures indicated (though I understand each batch is different yada...yada...yada...) so I had a hard time blending for the wash-n-go effect (by the way Eco-styler didn't work so well b/c it lightened my hair and dried it out idk why, but I'm leaving it alone).
d) The customer service I recieved wasn't very helpful to say the least. It wasn't until AFTER I bought the hair I noticed that there were no customer reviews on this particular hair and there's a little disclaimer that comes up after you type your review that it will be reviewed then if it's acceptable, it will be posted. AGAIN, THERE WERE NO REVIEWS! RED FLAG!!!

I tried to get some feedback from women here who may have purchased/used this hair, but none have responded (Idk what that means either).

This is just my own experience with Laniks Hair. My stylist told me to buy online at my own risk and she was right. I'm saving money now to get this stuff switched out next month for the hair she normally gets for me (which is really good, but she won't tell me where she gets it from of course).

I'll never buy hair online again, AN EXPENSIVE LESSON LEARNED!

The End.

ETA: On a lighter note the hair does straighten beautifully and blends quite well straightened b/c it is kinkier than traditional weave hair ( I think the kinky straight may be good for this too). I had a cellophane put on my hair left out and my whole head was flat ironed and curled for my wedding and my hair was beautiful eventhough I had to get it done three days early b/c we went out of town for the wedding. I just wore a net over it by day (no rollers) and rolled it with the pillow soft rollers at night and put a satin cap over it. I took out the rollers early (about 4 hours) onthe day of the wedding and it was perfect by the time it started. What worked really well esp. since it was a beach/bluff wedding.

Last edited:

jenaccess

I love this hair but only comes in machine wefts. Ladies if you dont want any shedding try the hand tied wefts. I am in the hide your hair challenge for 12 months and I am currently wearing super curly hair in hand tied weft from myindianhair.com It will be almost a year at the end of the month that I had my first install with this hair. I also like this texture hair if only I can find it in a hand tied weft. I am going to search until i find it.

akiralee

Bumping...this hair (HC Natural) is on sale right now and I wanted to know if anyone has tried it before I order. TIA!

Nubenap22

I've tried it and I heart it!! I made it into a wig and blending was simply twist my hair at night then untwist and go

I think when I go back to wear my wig again i'll darken it and make the color blend better but other than that it blends better than my rho afro kinky ever did.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 76

scarcity21

I've tried it and I heart it!! I made it into a wig and blending was simply twist my hair at night then untwist and go

I think when I go back to wear my wig again i'll darken it and make the color blend better but other than that it blends better than my rho afro kinky ever did.
Nubenap22, what hair is that? the HC Natural? Can you wear it straight?

Nubenap22

yea thats HNC and no I wouldnt advise it but im sure you could if you really really wanted to but I just wore it in either the curl state or braid out state....next time I try it I might try blowing it out and trying more stuff with it scarcity21