Youtube: Lisa Akbari, Big Relax, Big Reveal! She did it.

westNDNbeauty

Yesterday was the first time I've heard of this youtuber.
After seeing her 'fro and knowing she calls herself the hair doctor, I am a little dissapointed at what her relaxed hair looks like. It's pretty much lifeless and dull. Was that intentional?

I do think this whole stunt is awesome advertising and marketing for her products cause we know there are transitioners out there who will be purchasing what she's using and recommending as she transitions.

But because she does sell hair products and deems herself the hair doctor, I still expected her relaxed hair to be trimmed, silky and healthy looking.

Theresamonet

I was expecting much better results. If her transition doesn't go well she is going to lose a lot of credibility.

Theresamonet

what if it's not a perm and she fooled her followers..that's just dirty :nono:

I thought about this too. What if she is just keeping her hair pressed and pretending to have relaxed...but I think the effects of constantly having to press her hair would leave her in worse condition than if she actually just transitioned. If she is faking, I think she just set herself up.

ajoyfuljoy

It just looks like she pressed her natural hair. It doesn't look relaxed at all. Did she do that to herself?

what if it's not a perm and she fooled her followers..that's just dirty :nono:

My first thought also was, "That looks like pressed natural hair."

IDK. I guess time will tell depending on what state the hair is in when she does her videos.

But if she shows it wet or with condish in we will definitely know.

Minty

Yes, newly relaxed hair is not that fluffy, and her ends are in need of help. I watched a few of her videos last year, but she wasn't sharing much info that couldn't be found elsewhere and I forgot about her.

adnolej

Its clearly a gimmick but I don't understand. She is a trichologist and claimed in her previous videos that relaxers damage the scalp. So if she feels that way, why relax your hair just to go back natural??? I think I would have respected it more if she would've just said she wanted a change and wanted to relax her hair, but for her to say the she relaxed her hair just so she can transition again sounds straight ridiculous. but thats just my opinion...

Minty

WOW. have you seen the website. $20 bucks a month and you get her line of products and she will help members "grow" their hair up to 24 inches. Hair club for hair growth time deal. This is unfortunate.

westNDNbeauty

I did remember seeing something about growth...does she have pics somewhere from a period of time when her hair was really long? or something showing significant growth of her own hair from this product use?

Because I pretty much would not trust a product being sold by someone whose hair is shorter than mine or doesn't prove to grow any faster.

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
If she truly did relax her hair, I still say she crazy.
She can talk about wanting to help people transition and going on a journey with her followers and whatever else she wants to, but I will always be like, ":hand:, Lisa Akbari. Cuz you crazy."

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My freshly relaxed hair was not like that. :nono: I'm disappointed at her results, too.:ohwell: I hope it is a quick transition.

Eritreladiee

I really don’t know this woman’s deal, I’ve probably only watched one of her videos like a year ago.

But I think what she’s doing is pretty cool, be it for marketing or whatever. And I really like her aura, so I’m definitely gonna be tuning in to watch her transition.

To me, her hair looks nice actually.

Muse

My freshly relaxed hair was not like that. :nono: I'm disappointed at her results, too.:ohwell: I hope it is a quick transition.

Yeah same here. I have no opinion on her decision to relax but as other ladies have said here already: IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE SHE RELAXED! To me her ends tell e different story. No matter how ratty my ends looked before relaxing the relaxer smoothed them right out.

OR could she have done more of a texlax?

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
Her hair does look pressed to me but that's what my relaxed hair looks like too unless I use extreme heat to make it flatter and straighter.

Her hair looks nice, IMO, but I was expecting more I guess.

sylver2

who the heck put her relaxer in? did she do it herself?yikes. maybe she went running and sweated a lot or something.
looks natural but flat ironed.

naturalmanenyc

I am guessing that she relaxed her own hair and probably not bone straight.

I plan to watch her transition but I will need to see her freshly washed hair to see if she relaxed or texlaxed.

Taina

I dont like it, and i also think it looks like underprocessed, i remember when i relaxed my hair from natural, my hair was sooooo straight, shiny and silky that some white ppl asked me if i was indian... f course that was just the first week before my first wash.

~~HoneyComb~~

What is her purpose? She relaxed her hair so that she could go on a journey with some of her subscribers back to natural again?

LushLox

Oh dear she doesn't look happy or confident at all, and neither would I. Not the best start to her public transition.

BostonMaria

WOW. have you seen the website. $20 bucks a month and you get her line of products and she will help members "grow" their hair up to 24 inches. Hair club for hair growth time deal. This is unfortunate.

How is she going to help others grow 24 inches of hair if hers is short?
Maybe she should let it grow that long AND transition so I know she ain't completely full of poop.