"Get Your Hands Outta Your Hair" Challenge for 2010!

1. Current-Length: NL getting to SL...:rolleyes:

2. Goal-Length:full Waist length baby:grin:

3. Current-Hair Stats/Issues: much healthier, shinier hair

4. What's the Best Thing About your Hair: the texture...it's soooo soft yet strong:love:

5. What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? longer, healthier hair that got swang! :lachen: :look:

Last edited:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I'm in! Yay, my first challenge.:grin:

Current-Length:
Very top of my back, grazing shoulders (SL? maybe)

Goal-Length:
BSL

Current-Hair Stats/Issues: tiny breakage and split end problem

What's the Best Thing About your Hair: I've finally gotten it to shine and it bounces back easily from setbacks.

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? to learn to rollerset, apply my cellophanes, and achieve some growth no matter what!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Current-Length:
Clueless. I haven't straightened since 7/1 (last texlax). I think I may be scraping or barely APL.

Goal-Length:
BSL Natural

Current-Hair Stats/Issues:
Transitioning. I'm about 4.5 months post.

What's the Best Thing About your Hair:
I am so in love with my texture. I can not wait to be natural.

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010?
I hope to have enough natural hair to feel comfortable to do my first minichop.

Ozma

I would like to join, too. I think a straight year of consistent care will bring great results.

1. Current-Length: Shortest layer-chin length, longest layer, shoulder
  2. Goal-Length: waist length
  3. Current-Hair Stats/Issues: still cutting damaged ends gradually, some breakage issues in crown area- 100% natural- fine
  4. What's the Best Thing About your Hair: shine, nice even texture (finally), thickness
  5. What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? hair all one length, APL, no see-through ends

*Muffin*

Welcome Ladies!! From reading your hair stats I see we have a lot of heads of soft, strong, shiny, bouncy, and resilient hair! A good foundation to start with :yep:. And for those of us who aren't getting along well with our hair now, hopefully this challenge will help us to develop a peaceful relationship with our strands.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Current-Length:
Clueless. I haven't straightened since 7/1 (last texlax). I think I may be scraping or barely APL.

Goal-Length:
BSL Natural

Current-Hair Stats/Issues:
Transitioning. I'm about 4.5 months post.

What's the Best Thing About your Hair:
I am so in love with my texture. I can not wait to be natural.

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010?
I hope to have enough natural hair to feel comfortable to do my first minichop.

Welcome back for round 2, Shay :grin:! I see you're still going strong with your transition, and I'm happy that you're loving your texture so much. It's going to be really exciting seeing your progress :yep:.

angeleyez09

Count me in! It will be my first challenge!

1. Current-Length: chin length; only an inch of natural hair.

2. Goal-Length:SL of all natural hair

3. Current-Hair Stats/Issues: severe breakage and dryness

4. What's the Best Thing About your Hair: that it is still withstanding all my abuse

5. What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? stop all the breakage and have healthy, moisturized, shiny hair that is at least SL

MrsHdrLe

I'd like to do it too, but can I do both the roller set challenge and this one? I can cut out the Maxiglide (eventhough the curly ends love to snag on everything...no matter, It'll be up anyway)
1. Current Length: apl (back) cbl (front)
2. Goal Length: waist length (stretched)
3. Current hair Issues: prety healthy over all, but I'm prone to single
strand knots and breakage
4. What I Like About My Hair: It's thick (right now) and pretty
strong. It's been growing quite nicely so far.
5. Hair Goal for 2010: Thicker, Longer, Stronger, NO Breakage!
Yeah, I want that really big and thick hair:lick::yep:

Caychica

1. Current Length: SL

2. Goal Length: APL

3. Current hair Issues: Breakage/Dry. Transitioning.

4. What I Like About My Hair: It grows fast when taken care of & the natural texture

5. Hair Goal for 2010: All natural!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'd like to join. I'm pretty low mani already, (out of sheer laziness and lack of styling skills :lachen:) My problem is I keep playing with my NG! :fistshake: so hopefully this challenge will help me :yep: **quickly snaps hand out of hair**

Current Length: Um, I have no idea what to call it. I'm growing out a pixie cut= tons of layers. My longest part is about 3''

2. Goal Length: MBL

3. Current hair Issues: getting my moisture protein balance right, overcoming thinning from overprocessing.

4. What I Like About My Hair: It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

5. Hair Goal for 2010: Full, thick, even NL

Last edited:

lizzyb168

:grin:IM IN:grin:, i have been in braids since the start of november anyway.

Current length: just below NL

Goal length: WL

Current Hair Issues: Single strand and multiple strand knots. Breaking, a lil bit of shedding too:ohwell::perplexed. Im transitioning (6 months and counting)

What i like about my hair: My natural hair texture. It grows at a reasonable rate.

Hair goal for 2010: Hopefully neck length natural hair. I already have around 4 inches, so hopefully i can get another 8 plus inches from now til the end of 2010:drunk:

kandigyrl

I want in!!!!:yep:

1. Current-Length: Shoulder length with layers
  2. Goal-Length: APL/BSL
  3. Current-Hair Stats/Issues: BREAKAGE
  4. What's the Best Thing About your Hair: Her ability to bounce back regardless to what I put her through.
  5. What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Healthy, thick APL.

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Checking in. I was very bad on friday, I tried a new conditioner (mizani moisturefuze) lawdhammercy lemme tell you, it left my hair so incerdibly soft and moiturized.....and I knew that from the copious touching :rolleyes: but that was only friday and I've only combed my hair twice since then, so I hope I wasn't too bad.

I'm uploading a starting pic, so I can do a comparison at the end of the challenge:

*Muffin*

I want in!!!!:yep:

1. Current-Length: Shoulder length with layers
  2. Goal-Length: APL/BSL
  3. Current-Hair Stats/Issues: BREAKAGE
  4. What's the Best Thing About your Hair: Her ability to bounce back regardless to what I put her through.
  5. What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Healthy, thicker APL.

Welcome kandigyrl :hiya:. Glad to have you onboard.

Checking in. I was very bad on friday, I tried a new conditioner (mizani moisturefuze) lawdhammercy lemme tell you, it left my hair so incerdibly soft and moiturized.....and I knew that from the copious touching :rolleyes: but that was only friday and I've only combed my hair twice since then, so I hope I wasn't too bad.

I'm uploading a starting pic, so I can do a comparison at the end of the challenge:

Great starting pic! Very shiny and soft looking :yep:. Ladies, feel free to post your starting pics. I'll be posting mine in January because that's around the time I'll be relaxing.

PinkyD

Current-Length: Shoulder length
Goal-Length: APL/BSL
Current-Hair Stats/Issues: Moisture retention, length retention (I am transitioning long term)
What's the Best Thing About your Hair: It really is just beautiful.
What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Thick shiny APL hair!

Last edited:

PinkyD

1. First of all, How have you and your hair been?
    • My hair has been treating me well. I did a cute "Wave Coil" Protective Style, and my hair did very well.
  2. How has the challenge been going for you?
    • I've been keeping my hands out of the hair since September 1st. I did one "out" style but i'm back in the bun :grin:
  3. Try anything new?
    • AO White Camelia and Phillip B Conditioning Cream Rinse- They are working so well together!
  4. Did you use direct heat at all this month? If so, what was the occasion (if you don't mind sharing)?
    • Nope!
  5. Anything else you would like to add or share (feelings, plans, etc...)?
    • It's hard to keep my hands out of my hair, because I'm always searching for DRY spots.

#1 First of all, How have you and your hair been?

It's been ok, I'm going through a bit of a breaking problem which IDk what is causing it, but I'm doing a medium protein treatment followed by a moisture treatment since I haven't done a protein treatment in a while. Hopefully that stops the breakage:ohwell:

#2 How has the challenge been going for you?

I'm getting more and more comfortable keeping my hands out my hair. I find keeping my hair in protective styles helps my too :yep:

#3 Try anything new?

no not really, I'm still on my quest of finding the perfect deep conditioner but I haven't seen one that's interesting enough to try

#4 Did you use direct heat at all this month? If so, what was the occasion (if you don't mind sharing)?

No...which is not saying much since the month started yesterday :lachen:

#5 Anything else you would like to add or share (feelings, plans, etc...)?

I'm really impressed with my hair journey far. When I joined in October I just passes ear length...now I'm at full NL approaching CB length :grin:

*Muffin*

Hey ladies. I know the challenge doesn't officially kick-off until January 1st, but I need to vent, lol.

1. First of all, How have you and your hair been? Ok, I guess. My hair has been treating me very well, but I feel I haven't been good to it :(. It's very smooth and soft.
2. How has the challenge been going for you? I'm finding it kind of hard to keep my hands out of my hair right now, but I'm trying very hard.
3. Try anything new? Yeah, I got a relaxer yesterday. It came out underprocessed in some areas, so I'm doing a corrective relaxer in January. I won't be posting my starting pic until after I get that relaxer. I'm a bit angry with myself right now because I also trimmed my hair when I told myself I wouldn't. I always have to put my hands in my hair, and I have a trimming obsession at times. I'm a stickler for evenness, and if I see anykind of straggly end, I go a little crazy :look:. The reason why I'm mad is because I had so much length and my hair was almost touching BSL, but I think I trimmed a half an inch off of it, so now I have longer to wait. But the bright side is that my hair will most likely be longer in January after I get my corrective relaxer, so there's still hope for me.
4. Did you use direct heat at all this month? If so, what was the occasion (if you don't mind sharing)? Yeah, I used direct heat about 2 weeks ago. My aunt came down and pressed it for me.
5. Anything else you would like to add or share (feelings, plans, etc...)? Yes. I would like to say that I will not be trimming again until April. You've got to hold me to it, ladies. I will make it a personal goal for myself to cut back on my trimming and only trim every three months. I'm determined to make BSL (and perhaps MBL) next year. NO MORE SETBACKS!

Wow, that felt good :grin:.

Bliss806

I would love to join!

Current-Length: : Barely touching my neck

Goal-Length: APL

Current-Hair Stats/Issues: some breakage

What's the Best Thing About your Hair:It's starting to shine and get thicker!!

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Healthy hair with little heat and little manipulation.

*Muffin*

I would love to join!

Current-Length: : Barely touching my neck

Goal-Length: APL

Current-Hair Stats/Issues: some breakage

What's the Best Thing About your Hair:It's starting to shine and get thicker!!

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Healthy hair with little heat and little manipulation.

Welcome! :hiya:

Minnie

I want to join. I need a challenge to like this. I am in the bsl and mbl and this challenge compliments those in order to make my goal.

Current-Length: : grazing APL
Goal-Length: MBL

Current-Hair Stats/Issues: Uneven growth

What's the Best Thing About your Hair:It's healthy

What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? Healthy mbl with little heat and manipulation

briana87

Count me in too please!!!

# Current-Length: just below shoulder length in back, chin length in front
# Goal-Length: APL (for now)
# Current-Hair Stats/Issues: slow growth in the front
# What's the Best Thing About your Hair: the growth rate
# What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010? I want to be at least APL in the back and at least below SL in the front

Lady Esquire

WHAT'S UP, LADIES?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

1. Current-Length: Bra-strap

[*]Goal-Length: Mid-Back, and eventually Waist Length

[*]Current-Hair Stats/Issues: I had my 3rd baby in June 2008. I had classic pregnancy hair: thickness for days and crazy growth. I was well on my way to MBL. :gorgeous: And then in late 2008 and all of 2009, the shedding took it all away and 'caused my hairline to recede and breakage in my nape. :cry: I spent the year of 2009 constantly trimming to keep the hair healthy. :ohwell:

[*]What's the Best Thing About your Hair: When I am good to it, it is good to me in return. I am texlaxed, which gives body.

[*]What hair goal do you want to accomplish by the end of 2010?
    Whip my hair back to shape. :whip: To grow back the areas that broke off due to the excessive postpartum shedding and still make my next milestone length. To me, MBL and beyond are the lengths that make me say "whoa".

Ozma

#1 First of all, How have you and your hair been?
Pretty good. I am trying to make my flat ironing last until next week. It's my last use of direct heat for at least 6 months.

#2 How has the challenge been going for you?
I usually wear a bun or updo everyday. On the few days I have worn it down, I immediately moisturize and put it up when I get home and leave it alone until the next morning. I am training myself to not mess with my hair.

#3 Try anything new?No. I am staying the course with my 1x/week co-wash and dc, airdry and bun for the week. I think that KISS will be the key to my success.

#4 Did you use direct heat at all this month? If so, what was the occasion (if you don't mind sharing)? I did blow dry and flat iron on Sunday. It wasn't a special occasion, just my last direct heat until July.

#5 Anything else you would like to add or share (feelings, plans, etc...)? I am feeling positive that this is going to help me reach my APL goal by Dec 2010.:yep: