Massaging / Scalp Care Challenge :) 2010

silenttullip

Okay, it's almost the end of the year what better time to start a challenge :). This will be a massaging/scalp care challenge and it will run Dec 1st 2009 - May 1st 2010 witb a May 2nd - 10th reveal. If it goes well the second part will be Aug 1st - Dec 30th 2010 giving you a nice break in the summer because I know most scalps produce more sebum around that time.

RULES

1. You must massage your scalp at least twice a week
(while you're shampooing doesn't count)
2. You must cleanse your scalp on a comfortable basis for you :)
3. Apply some type of oil / home made spray or pomade at least once a week to scalp
4. You must NOT scratch your scalp if it gets flakey like mine try massaging more, patting, or softly removing scales with a comb. Scratching feels great BUT it actually tears the skin or makes it easy for bacteria to enter and infections to arise.

KEEP IT NEAT
I don't want this to get messy so lets post what you'll use / do (regimen) and from that post I'll add your name to the participants.
You can do a starting photo within that post if you wish.
Every 2 weeks we can check in. If you need support or ideas just chime in whenever you want.

BENEFITS

Scalp health
More new growth
No or less flakes
cleaner scalp
Better confidence in the look and feel of your hair

My regimen will consist of doo gro oil 1/3x week
no more flakes daily until flakes are gone:)
wash once every 2 weeks depending on how my hair feels with cv teatree & neem or ors uplifting shampoo.
less dc-ing to reduce build up and use a scalp exfoliator: hairever or ors
rinse conditioner to strengthen and tone scalp by aubrey organics
massage whenever itchy
that's all for now folks :)

PARTICIPANTS
jasminea
CherieMarie
Geminigirl
melissa-bee
Solitude
BSweet
Thick&Fine
SimplyBlessed
washize
SherylsTresses
longhairdreamzz
ILuvsmuhgrass
dontuwishuknu
healthyhair2
goldielocs
stellagirl76
lennet93
katblack
tiffers
song_of_serenity
sharifeh
lizzyb168
alshepp635
hair4romheaven
BreakageInAtlanta
wheezy807
laurend
RMichelleM
LivingDol1
PrincessLinzz
Orchidgirl
ycj1
Neith
mocha.li
Mahalialee4
kasey
2themax
Bliss806
lamaria211
carlana25
n_vizion
naturalglory041490
Bnster
Maracujá
MrsS
Lexib
HeChangedMyName
bign__17
chebaby
tri3nity
LadyPaniolo
Mrs. N Lugo
dejaomare
NJoy
tallnomad
*CherryPie*
afrofaithful
Zedster

LETS DO THIS

Last edited:

jasminea

I'm in. I will be using Jane Carter Solutions Dry Scalp relief for my massages 2 times per week and once a week the night before my shampoo wash I will use Hollywood Castor oil. My scalp is in need of better health and this challenge plus stretching my relaxer should help me.

silenttullip

Okay so I'm keeping my word, so this is our 2 week update

OMG There's already some growth I've been massaging every other day and the itching I had is gone. I've only washed once a week meanng every 7 days verses before having to wash 24/7.
So now I'm working on keeping my scalp free of any flakes and keeping my ends moist and sealed. How are things going for you ladies?

melissa-bee

Yay! Can i join?
I tried washing my scalp with baking soda for the first time this week and so far i think it's pretty decent.
So i'm am going to wash my hair and scalp with baking soda every 10 days.
Apply evoo when needed so like every 3 days and i will massage my scalp every 2 days.

Solitude

I'm in... I've already been taking better care of my scalp with Aveda Scalp Benefits.

I'm on my phone, so I'll post my regi and pics later.

ETA: the only thing is, I have an oily scalp, so I don't like to put more oil on it. Maybe for my pre-poo? I have to think about that...

Last edited:

BSweet

I'm in ..i recently began applying oil to my scalp about every other day and massage each section for about 2-3 mins..

CaliDiamond

I already do this, so I want in so I can keep it consistent.

I will be massaging my scalp daily to every other day in the morning and/or night.

I will be washing once every week with a mixture of Alma, Maki, and Brahmi powders.
I will apply coconut oil to my scalp 1-2 times a week

SimplyBlessed

I'm in!! I need 2 do this esp for my edges and esp since I have been seriously slacking lately...
I will be massaging with the moe gro 2-3x wk which is mac nut oil/horsetail herbs/aloe juice and a few drops of rosemary oil to help my edges

I will also be massaging when I prepoo with evoo and then washing once a week with my shakaki (sp?)...

I will be keeping pics of my progress for my edges!!

washize

I'm in! My regimine is massaging my scalp with olive oil once druin gthe day for 10 minutes, and at night. Wear mostly protective styles. When I wash my hair I use baking soda and kosher salt, I rinse with apple cider bvinegar, then I rinse with green tea, then I use sunsilk thermashine, and vo5 moistrue milks.

SherylsTresses

I will definitely be checking in. :yep:

I will massage JBCO on front and side edges at least three night per week.

Last edited:

dontuwishuknu

I'm in! I'm pretty new to LHCF so I'm excited for this to be my first challenge! I have been wearing protective styles this winter so I will be massaging my hair in braids every other day. Most likely I'll be using either castor oil or coconut oil.

healthyhair2

I'm IN!!! Maybe this will help me get to MBL??! I will be using a growth aide plus an oil to combat any dryness. I will post pics and the growth aide to be used later. I LUV oiling my scalp.

goldielocs

I'm in. I'll also be doing this for my daughter. She has scalp issues and a whole lot of itchiness so this should help her. We're waiting on some products I bought from quemet, but in the mean time we'll massage with EVOO w/ tea tree oil added.

Vintageglam

Hi there can I join? I will be using weaves and wigs to transition for the whole of 2010 so I need to also remind myself to focus on the health of my scalp to encourage healthy new growth as there is a tendency to ignore hair that is hidden.

I plan to wash my scalp & deep condition at least weekly and then dry under a hood dryer under low/ medium heat.

I am looking into Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Ayurvedic oils and Coconut oil to keep my scalp massaged. I am planning to do 2x scalp massages a week. This is particuary impt as I have edges I want to fill in so the massages will be helpful.

I am hoping to get to APL by the end of next year. I am currently neck length (grazing shoulder).

Thanks for starting this challenge!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm in! I'll be massaging my scalp every other day with Wen Sweet Almond Mint or Wen Tea Tree Oil :)

silenttullip

HEYYYYYYYYYY LADIES :) I didn't forget about ya and I'm adding the new ladies who joined :)

I'm so happy about this challange since it started my bangs have grown and my scalp is getting better. I'll add pics soon

silenttullip

Yep I have an oily scalp too very but it's odd I add either coconut or avocado something light and it actually reduces the oil. If you don't like oils u can tweak the challenge to cater it to your needs by trying to keep oil away from your scalp instead of putting it on :grin: hth

I don't usually put any type of oil on my scalp because I already have an oily scalp...any suggestions?

silenttullip

u sure can if u like u can also share some tips on how to go that length without washing :look:. Since starting this I've been able to go two weeks but I want to be able to do once a month eventually. Welcome to the challenge

I do monthly washes, I'm wondering if I can still join?

sharifeh

I wanna try this challenge! I think I'll just be using coconut oil warmed up or vitamin e oil...

lizzyb168

IM in! I will massage my scalp everyday

I will wash every week with tea tree shampoo + mositurise or protein if needed.

I will apply castor oil to my scalp once a week!

CaliDiamond

So far so good with this challenge! I love the warm tingly feeling my scalp gets after massage. I am adding some vitamin e oil to my oil mix for softness and growth (Big ups to Sharifeh!):grin:

alshepp635

I want to join. I will be massaging my scalp 2-3 times weekly with either vitamin e oil or Softee Signature Growth oil.