Spring twists--hope you like 'em

missiongirl

Hello ladies! Here are my spring twists. This is my second time doing these and I just love them! I'm trying to save money by doing my own hair, and truly, God is helping a sista' out! I am considering transitioning and will use these as my primary style for a year. My hair is thick, coarse, 4a (healthy) relaxed hair.

Question: I'll be using the Crown & Glory method for maintenance. I plan to keep the twists in for two months at a time and break for a week in between for some deep conditioning and protein treatment. I want to do this for a year. Is this safe to do? Do I need more time in between twists? (Note: I do not believe in tight braids! These are very secure but in no way too tight on my scalp--I don't have that bump action going on around my edges.)

Thanks for your help and your feedback! :grin:

Attachments

• 2009_1026(003).jpg
    2009_1026(003).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 494
  • 2009_1026(020).jpg
    2009_1026(020).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 473
  • 2009_1026(030).jpg
    2009_1026(030).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 457

Nonie

They look nice and I don't think there's harm in your regimen. I wore my twists 24/7 for months.

Question: what are "spring twists"? How different are they from 2-strand twists?

Neek-a-Nator

Wonderful job!!!! They look really good. I think it's enough time to moisturize and deep condition, I do it and it works for ME but I'm sure some of the experts will come in to give you sound advice. Keep up the good work and HHG

MummysGirl

Was about to ask the same question...

They're beautiful :yep:
They look nice and I don't think there's harm in your regimen. I wore my twists 24/7 for months.

Question: what are "spring twists"? How different are they from 2-strand twists?

missiongirl

Hi Nonie! Thanks for replying! Spring twists are the same as the 2-strand twists, except for the type of extension hair used. The spring twist extension hair is a self-coiling hair, so no hot water is needed to secure the ends and no braiding is needed on the ends. Man, I love this hair! That's why I stopped using the regular kanekalon hair. I hated having to use that hot water on the ends.

shunemite

These are so cute! I love 'em. I'd say just get a good DC in between before you put in the next set. SMART GIRL for not braiding 'em too tight. You won't have a bare temple like I did :nono:

I think they're more coiled.

chebaby

very nice, i love it. so what is the name of the hair you get?
i was planning on doing yarn braids in my hair this winter, bought the yarn and everything but decided not to. these twists would be perfect for me.

missiongirl

very nice, i love it. so what is the name of the hair you get?
i was planning on doing yarn braids in my hair this winter, bought the yarn and everything but decided not to. these twists would be perfect for me.

Hi. Thanks! I used e-on hair. We don't have a local distributor in the Southeast. I can only find the hair online. I'm sure you can buy it in the BSS in the Maryland/DC area, though. Call 301-577-0606 or call Sundance Co. at 1-800-258-1668 to order.

antisocial

I used 4 packs and change. (I have a pretty big head and some big hair.) But they say you only need 2 packs to complete the style.

I think they exaggerate on their site. I've used the nubi nubi hair for kinky twists and it took me about 3 packs.

lilsparkle825

HURRY UP with the tutorial! :giggle:

These are very nice. Do you think they would work on longer hair? I am running out of ideas for my sister and she is natural 4b APL.

FindingMe

:wow:

Those are SOOOOOOO cute! I was tripping for a minute and was like, her hair ain't relaxed! :lol: (a little slow today) I didn't get that it was an extension style. (thanks, msa for elaborating)

Wow, just wow. These are SO cute on you.

Did you secure at the root with a plait/braid and then twist into your hair? How long is your natural hair? How many packs did you use?

missiongirl

HURRY UP with the tutorial! :giggle:

These are very nice. Do you think they would work on longer hair? I am running out of ideas for my sister and she is natural 4b APL.

Thanks! My hair is almost APL and if I use the entire length of the twist, I have about 2.5 inches of extension beyond the length of my hair. Your hair will coil up into the twist, shrinking the length of your hair considerably. So your sister should be good with these! I luuvv them!!!

I'll post a tutorial soon!

Last edited:

missiongirl

:wow:

Those are SOOOOOOO cute! I was tripping for a minute and was like, her hair ain't relaxed! :lol: (a little slow today) I didn't get that it was an extension style. (thanks, msa for elaborating)

Wow, just wow. These are SO cute on you.

Did you secure at the root with a plait/braid and then twist into your hair? How long is your natural hair? How many packs did you use?

LOL! Yes, I started with a braid for about an inch or more and then twisted to the end. My natural hair is close to APL. I used a little over 4 packs. As I told someone else, my head is big, so maybe I needed more, but contrary to what the site says (2 packs) you might need about 3 or more.

Last edited: