Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Im so bored today, everyone is gone and i put up our little tree. I think i may co wash today, get rid of some more of the califa conditioner. I want to have a sale but i know i will regret it, so im going to use up all my things.

Girl, Get that Tree Up!:grin:

Is the Califa going to be a repurchase or No?:look:

La Colocha

Girl, Get that Tree Up!:grin:

Is the Califa going to be a repurchase or No?:look:

Its a fiber optic tree, fluff it out and plug it in:lachen:. I haven't had a real tree since i was young. The califa will not be a repurchase, i have too much elucence mbc to use up to get any more conditioners.

♥Lamaravilla♥

So remember I told you guys all my shampoo was gone except for a bottle of Neutrogena clarifying shampoo?

Weeeeeeeeeeelllll, I bought some Hair One, the tea tree kind, from Sally's. Let me tell y'all!!! This stuff is soooo good! I would never waste my money on Wen, but this is right up my alley for $10.

It smells so good. And it gives a slight bit of a lather. This is how I knew my hair didn't have any build up on it, or else I wouldn't have gotten that lather. I really don't think I will ever use shampoo again, maybe every 6 months to clarify, and for that I might just use baking soda.

My scalp feels so tingly and clean right now, I highly recommend it if anyone was on the fence about it :yep:.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Shay: I am Glad Your Hair turned out Nice and You are getting Compliments:grin:. Two Big Braids Sound Wonderful.:yep:

You are making your Transition sound easy. You never really discuss any difficulities you're having with your hair and making this transition.

So, it appears, this is going Nicely for You. And for that, I am thankful.:grin:
Thanks :grin:.Honestly no real issues so far *knocks on wood* with my transition. Sometimes detangling can be trying and I have a love/hate relationship with my transitioning hair. That's only because I wish I was natural now.

I bet your hair looked really nice. If there are any beauty schools in your area they might have mannequins for cheap. Im thinking of getting one, i need to learn how to cornrow.
Thanks :grin:.Good idea. I found one for $40 on ebay that is afro textured but I know I can get one cheaper than that.

Hey Yall!

Updates:

Found out the Jane Carter Moisturizing Shampoo stripped my hair in the middle of my review mind you, because it has sulfates! Dang!

I used up an AO GPB. I like this stuff, I would repurchase.

I want to order some KBB during the sale too!

I just saw this video and girl :lol:. I like your reviews alot though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
So remember I told you guys all my shampoo was gone except for a bottle of Neutrogena clarifying shampoo?

Weeeeeeeeeeelllll, I bought some Hair One, the tea tree kind, from Sally's. Let me tell y'all!!! This stuff is soooo good! I would never waste my money on Wen, but this is right up my alley for $10.

It smells so good. And it gives a slight bit of a lather. This is how I knew my hair didn't have any build up on it, or else I wouldn't have gotten that lather. I really don't think I will ever use shampoo again, maybe every 6 months to clarify, and for that I might just use baking soda.

My scalp feels so tingly and clean right now, I highly recommend it if anyone was on the fence about it :yep:.

Lamara: So, they have all the same 'fragrances' WEN has correct?

So, will you use it for Conditioning etc.....exactly like WEN?:look:

Glad it worked for you.

Last edited:

♥Lamaravilla♥

Lamara: So, they have all the same 'fragrances' WEN has correct?

So, will you use it for Conditioning etc.....exactly like WEN?:look:

Glad it worked for you.

Yep, it pretty much looks like a Wen knock-off to me :lol:

I used some as a leave-in today, and I also left in on my hair for 5 minutes like the instructions say for extra conditioning. It probably won't be my regular leave-in because I really love Curls moisturizer but it will likely be my back up when Curls runs out till I can get more :yep:

mkd

I hope to get my afroveda shipping notice tomorrow.

I want to buy some afroveda products for my sister for Christmas but i know they will not get here in time.

La Colocha

Now i already said i wasn't going to get anymore conditioners but this sounds like it would make a good cowash conditioner, when i get rid of what i have ill check it out.

I hope to get my afroveda shipping notice tomorrow.

I want to buy some afroveda products for my sister for Christmas but i know they will not get here in time.

I hope you get it too. To the bolded if you want anything before christmas id get it now, i know afroveda won't make it but anything else. We are going to go from christmas into new years and the mail is really slow.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I want to Continue to Shop My Stash.:grin:

Hopefully, this will be my Mantra in 2010:look:.

I do want to try KBB (but it will have to be a heck of a Sale:perplexed).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I want to Continue to Shop My Stash.:grin:

Hopefully, this will be my Mantra in 2010:look:.

I do want to try KBB (but it will have to be a heck of a Sale:perplexed).

Seriously tho' I want to stay focused on My Stash.:yep: I want to keep a Radar Laser Beam Focus on what's out there. How they work. And using them up.:look:

So....KBB (or anything like it) even if on Sale will be a definite Splurge.

*fabulosity*

Im so bored today, everyone is gone and i put up our little tree. I think i may co wash today, get rid of some more of the califa conditioner. I want to have a sale but i know i will regret it, so im going to use up all my things.

HAVE A SALE... and just sell to TRUSTED customers...
Holla at your girl!!

Brownie518

hi everybody. i know its late, i jusr woke up lmao.
T, i used the kbb mask and didnt see anything special about it. the deep conditioner is 10x better.
i bought the best african shea butter today from the dc armory. talk about soft and creamy. i have never known shea butter to be so soft.
oh and my curlmart and buttersandbars order came.

:yep: ITA with the bolded!! I like both the Deep and the Herbal conditioners!!! :lick:

Brownie518

Yep, it pretty much looks like a Wen knock-off to me :lol:

I used some as a leave-in today, and I also left in on my hair for 5 minutes like the instructions say for extra conditioning. It probably won't be my regular leave-in because I really love Curls moisturizer but it will likely be my back up when Curls runs out till I can get more :yep:

I need to try this Tea Tree one. I loooooove the Almond!! :lick: Smells good and makes my hair feel great!!!

rosalindb

I tried some of the Anita Grant samples today. Yesterday I clarified with Bentonite clay and deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Camellia and left to airdry overnight. This morning I used the sapote and castor hair oil. The instructions state to use it on the ends of your hair but I used it all over and it left my hair feeling soft and gave it a nice sheen. I got my hair cornrowed this afternoon and added a little bit more of the oil to the ends of my hair when I got home this evening. I will use it for 3 to 4 weeks until I next shampoo as I mainly co-wash so I get a true idea of how it works for me.

I went for a facial today and the lady used the rose and sandalwood facial oil to finish. The oil just sank straight in and did not leave my face feeling greasy at all. I will use this morning and night for the next 4 weeks until my next facial and the lady can also assess my face.

Earlier this week I woke and stretched and pulled a muscle. I called the lady to see if she could squeeze me in for a massage but she was fully booked. She texted me this morning to say that she had had a cancellation so I was able to have my massage after all. I took the Rose and Jasmine Hair & Body oil and she used this to massage. It smells divine and left my skin feeling so smooth and the lady also said that it was perfect to massage with. We both absolutely adored the smell but could only smell the Jasmine essential oil and not any Rose at all. I love the smell of Jasmine much more than Rose anyway and the lady said the same so it was perfect for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well Ladies: What's Up? Who Else Has Used Up Something this week?:look:

I'm Hoping the DC Challenge will help me consistently use up products.

Although I DC Weekly now, I tend to switch around often from week to week.

So, As a Sub-part of this Challenge, I am going to challenge myself to stick with one product until gone.

chebaby

hello ladies.
i just got finished wipping a bigger batch of shea butter. i had to mix it twice because the first time i made a mistake and put it in the freezer lmao. now its nice and soft. i co washed my hair with blended beauty quench conditioner and abba intense reconstructor(thanx T). that abba is a much stronger protein than im used to so i followed with natures gate pomagrante conditioner. i used kbb as a leave in followed by blended beauty curl frizz pudding and i braided my hair for another braid out using the shea mix.

i used up the abba recobstructor and have one more use of the bb conditioner left.

chebaby

Although I DC Weekly now, I tend to switch around often from week to week. So, As a Sub-part of this Challenge, I am going to challenge myself to stick with one product until gone.
are you in that deep conditioning challenge? i was in it a while ago and then for some reason i stopped posting in it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
hello ladies.
i just got finished wipping a bigger batch of shea butter. i had to mix it twice because the first time i made a mistake and put it in the freezer lmao. now its nice and soft. i co washed my hair with blended beauty quench conditioner and abba intense reconstructor(thanx T). that abba is a much stronger protein than im used to so i followed with natures gate pomagrante conditioner. i used kbb as a leave in followed by blended beauty curl frizz pudding and i braided my hair for another braid out using the shea mix.

i used up the abba recobstructor and have one more use of the bb conditioner left.

Funny You Should Mention this ------

I used mine up too, last week:yep:. And I have 1 more left. I was trying to decide whether it would be a repurchase or not (in the future). I have So many reconstructors to use.:perplexed

You're Right, I did notice it was 'slightly' stronger than say.....a Giovanni Nutra-Fix.

So, I guess we could consider this a med-protein.:look:

chebaby

the abba will be a repurchase for me after i finish the giovanni. i really liked it. i also have another abba conditioner you sent me that i think is a protein so i have to try that too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
are you in that deep conditioning challenge? i was in it a while ago and then for some reason i stopped posting in it.

Yes, I signed up for the 2010 Version. First Time.:grin:

Even tho' I DC regularly (weekly) anyway, I'd still like to challenge myself to stick with 1 or 2 Jars of DC Treatment.:look:

A Moisturizing one and a Protein One (prolly one of my 1,000 Reconstructors).:blush:

Hopefully, this will help me stay consistent as far as using things up and successfully gauging how they are working for me.:ohwell:

Looking Forward to it.

La Colocha

HAVE A SALE... and just sell to TRUSTED customers...
Holla at your girl!!

If i decide to ill send out emails, your my sis, i got you.

Although I DC Weekly now, I tend to switch around often from week to week.

So, As a Sub-part of this Challenge, I am going to challenge myself to stick with one product until gone.

I used up that tw mist friday. I cowashed today and i got about 1 use left of califa conditoner. And like before i got 2 more uses out of aowc mix and im going to try and use up the miapella this week.

Good job che.

I just finished cowashing my hair and its time to step up my moisture game. When i took my scarf off my ends were dry and parts of my hair was dry. I haven't had that in a long time, so its either the miapella or darcys. Im going to keep an eye on both of them and from now on use 1 moisturizer at a time, that way ill know what it is. I moisturized tonight with tw mist and miapella and just for good measure sealed my ends with jbco.

Eta- i joined the dc challenge so i may dc 3x a week, ill see how my hair is doing.