Cute potential style - Curly Twists v. Curled Twists

naturalmanenyc

In my search for a braider to do a cornrow style for me, I came across a cute style called Curly Twists.

It is not what I expected at all since when I think of curly twists I think of two strand twists that have been curled.

I'm told that curly twists can last 6 - 8 weeks.
Anyone ever try curly twists?

I found the curly weave that is used for the style here:
http://www.twistandcurves.com/on-line-store.html

Last edited:

msa

One of my friends always gets her twists done with that hair and she loves them. She would wear them for a whole semester in college and they always looked great, even after a few months.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
those look soooo good-i would get them in a heartbeat if i could find someone to do them for cheap

naturalmanenyc

Thanks! I've never seen, or at least never noticed, twists done with spiral curled hair.

It's great that it can last for so long too!

One of my friends always gets her twists done with that hair and she loves them. She would wear them for a whole semester in college and they always looked great, even after a few months.

Ltown

Greyland
Very cute you are find some nice hairstyle I'm going to bookmark these for future reference.

Desarae

I like them, I haven't seen them where i'm at.

I'd totally wear them, and I'm planning on getting braids soon.

Kranbery

I like those a lot. I want to twist my hair when my hair gets longer. Twists are so cute. I especially love the updos.

GreenD

I really like this style. I've never seen this before. I'll have to check into getting these. They're super cute!! Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Slave4Hair

I had those before about 3 years ago. I had never worn twist before and my aunt put them in for me, she did a really good job but they were skinnier than the ones in the picture. I can't find anyone here that knows how to do them, and my aunt lives in cleveland so that just doesn't work anymore since i moved. They looked really natural, people thought it was my real hair and lasted me about 2 months.

candigyrl0830

Does anyone know of somewhere in the DMV area that can do these???? I saw a woman with these some weeks ago and I think I really want some now

naturalmanenyc

I forgot to update this thread.
I ended up getting these done in Brooklyn at Designer Braids & Trade. I went with a cornrow base instead of individual twists.

PM me with questions.

It stretched a ton when wet.

Got my camera fixed, better photos:

I had a few pieces of #4 added. It's bright in the photo, but not in person.

In sunlight the #4 color blends in with the #2 color and is not really noticeable.