My 1st Jheri Curl Touch-up

Sequoia

Your hair looks really nice, I like your curls. Much better than the jheri curl I had back in the day.

aa9746

Your curls look great. How long do they last? When you wash your hair does it go back into that same style?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
It came out very pretty! Different from what I remember jheri curls to look like. I could see more people getting these if they all were to look that pretty.

naturalmanenyc

Your curly perm looks great! I would have never guessed that it was a curly perm rather than your natural hair. It looks nothing like the jehri curls that I remember.

FindingMe

WOW! Jheri Curls have come a LONGGGG way!! Yours just looks like a pretty rod set...no soul glo or wetness or anything....I love it! I wonder can you set it on larger diameter rods?....

Cheleigh

Pretty...it looks like a rod set.

I hate that Jheri curls (curly perms) got a bad rap back in the day (sometimes deservedly so) because I really think it would be a better alternative for all the weave divas with horrid broken hair underneath.

SUPER SWEET

It looks really pretty. I like it.

OT: I can see your weightloss in your face .You go girl:up: I may try your way but im so scared of being hungry :lol:

angenoir

This looks very nice. Can you tell abit more about the products, how long you've had it and the maintenance it needs?

The Princess

This is pretty, you threw me off with Jheri Curl. I don't remember my jheri curl looking like that when I was younger. I like it.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Looks great Nakia! I had a curly perm years ago and I really liked mine.
I didn't have a juicy, dripping one and it looked just like yours. I wore it for 4 years then I transitioned back to relaxer.

aa9746

Looks great Nakia! I had a curly perm years ago and I really liked mine.
I didn't have a juicy, dripping one and it looked just like yours. I wore it for 4 years then I transitioned back to relaxer.

When you wash do the curls return to how it was before the wash? Do you have to roll hair at night?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
When you wash do the curls return to how it was before the wash? Do you have to roll hair at night?

The curls return once you apply a curl "activator" like S-Curl or Stay-Soft Fro.
That's why people used to have juicy, drippy curls that "Jheri Curls" are famous for - folks were saturating their hair to recreate their curly look. :yep:

Might be different now.

Luxlii

Where diid she go? It is very pretty. I remember someone used to get them (me). I heard you can go from a curl to a perm but not a curl to a perm. I would also like to know if you can wear it strait.