Who still uses Phyto hair products?

So, I did a search int he search engine and a thread I found was originally posted in 2007.....just out of curiousity....who still uses phyto hair products.....includes the relaxer and everything else....Thanks Ladies!:grin:

Christelyn

I don't use too much Phyto--I just bought their pre poo and so far wasn't impressed, but I'm willing to give it another try...

soulie

I've used a lot of the products - both Phyto and Phytospecific. I use the Phytospecific relaxer.

newflowers

I use a number of phyto products - pre-poo, shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and phytospecific relaxer - and I wouldn't use anything else.

Lovie

I use -
Phytospecific Index I
Phytophanere Vitamins
Phytospecific Vitale Force (Protein)
PHytojojoba Shampoo
Phytosesame Conditioenr

I have tried many many MANY phyto products...successfully...but gradually narrowed down because it got OUTTA control. I probably started on Phyto in 2006.

By the way - its true about the pills. No lie. They're glorius. Naturals, relaxed and tex laxed...all in my circle..saw my growth wanted to know why, and that one factor has improved hair condition. Softer new growth, additional length. After 2 years of using PHytospecific relaxer, my one friend converted when she saw how Phyto preserved the integrity of hair...and you could stretch longer. There are many good things I can say about that line. Very expensive, but worth it. However, you must make sure that you are using complimentary products. You cant mix every cheapie with top shelf. Luckily, CON still works with Phyto, and I have enough stockpiled to leave me comfortable for now.

Hee hee.

ShiShiPooPoo

This last touchup I did Phyto. I also use the Specific Nutrition poo, mask and Phyto 9. My hair looks and feels great and my thin spot on my crown is thickening up.

soulie

I use -
Phytospecific Index I
Phytophanere Vitamins
PHytojojoba Shampoo
Phytosesame Conditioenr

I have tried many many MANY phyto products...successfully...but gradually narrowed down because it got OUTTA control. I probably started on Phyto in 2006.

By the way - its true about the pills. No lie. They're glorius. Naturals, relaxed and tex laxed...all in my circle..saw my growth wanted to know why, and that one factor has improved hair condition. Softer new growth, additional length. After 2 years of using PHytospecific relaxer, my one friend converted when she saw how Phyto preserved the integrity of hair...and you could stretch longer. There are many good things I can say about that line. Very expensive, but worth it. However, you must make sure that you are using complimentary products. You cant mix every cheapie with top shelf. Luckily, CON still works with Phyto, and I have enough stockpiled to leave me comfortable for now.

Hee hee.

Have you tried the Cap'Energy supplements? They are from the Phytospecific line as opposed to the PhytoPhanere from the Phyto line.

soulie

This last touchup I did Phyto. I also use the Specific Nutrition poo, mask and Phyto 9. My hair looks and feels great and my thin spot on my crown is thickening up.

Am I remembering correctly that you used the Syntonics relaxer? How did that work out?

ShiShiPooPoo

Am I remembering correctly that you used the Syntonics relaxer? How did that work out?

I really liked the relaxer but I stopped going to the stylist who uses it and I couldn't buy it anywhere online sooooo I went on and did the Phyto and I absolutely love it.

Lovie

Oh, yes I forgot about those! Yes, I have tried those for a 4 month period with success this past summer. Worked great alone. Then I went back to Phytophanere because I noticed it didnt make my nails grow as fast (and I needed as much nail as I could get for my wedding).

So lately, I actually like to take one or the other, or even both together. If I can remember. I've fallen off the bandwagon a bit the past two or three weeks and havent been consistent. But there is enough in my system where I'm allowed a lil grace period, I think. :)

Lovie

Just a note that at some point I tried almost every Phyto product. Phytospecific, the red line for hair growth, the orange line for moisture, and the blue line for normal hair.I also forgot, I use Phytodefrisiant when its humid and its a great w/ the Bain de Terre Anti Frizz Serum for the days I blow dry. My original stylist (way over priced in downtown DC) put me on to Phyto. Now many local salons offer the product for relaxers. Back then I had to buy the $60 box and STILL pay $125 for the application..and $15 for the trim!! It was too much. However, thankfully, my broke pockets led me to self styling, and I couldn't be happier!

News Flash: I just bought Phytocitrus from Bath & Body works...all of their products are on sale for 50% off in store. Phyto is NEVER on sale.

I know, I know, I am unleashing the hounds by putting that out there. But I need you DMV ladies to go and buy it up while I am out of town, and help me with this PJism...
I have already checked for Phytophanere vitamins at 50% off, and alas, someone else who knew of its glory bought them all and is probably selling them on eBay at regular price.

Anywhoo.

pri

I used the relaxer before but it didn't agree w/ my hair. I still use the phytodefrisant and phyto7 hydration cream and I love both of them especially the phytodefrisant..it's definitely a staple.

PDub

I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post!! I just HAD to join in on the praises for Phyto products. I've used a few Phyto products in the past and liked them. Since starting my growth journey in January of this year, I've been using the Phyto line exclusively and I absolutely love it!!! I use the following products:

Phytonectar Shampoo
Phytojoba Shampoo
Phytobaume Conditioner (for pre-poo)
Phytojoba Conditioner
Phytokarite Conditioner
Phytomist
Phyto 7
Phytolisse Serum
Phytophenere Vitamins
PhytoSpecific Vital Force Shampoo
PhytoSpecific Intense Nutrition Mask

Lovie, I’ve already peeped the Bath and Body Works 50% off sale about two weeks ago. I bought up darn near the entire inventory!!! I won't have to buy hair products for the next year. I've also called all the stores in my area that carry the line, to hold ALL the Phyto 7 for me for the June sale. The Phyto 7 and Phytojoba are the best hydrating products I've ever used. I can't even put into words how much I love this line!!!!

I'll probably still lurk and comment randomly as I am new to this, but I will definitely post regarding praise for anything Phyto!!!

Bosslady1

I use their Index 1 relaxer. I tried their Moisturizing balm and their styling creme. Ok, but nothing to brag about.

Only thing I currently use is the relaxer.

Christelyn

I use -
Phytospecific Index I
Phytophanere Vitamins
PHytojojoba Shampoo
Phytosesame Conditioenr

Hee hee.

Almost forgot--I just started taking the vitamins...they're getting awesome reviews. Hope it works for me!

soulie

Have any of you tried the Phytobrush shampoo? It's designed to loosen curl patterns to facilitate blowdrying. My stylist used it on me when I was about 4 months post and it really, really worked. She also used the relaxing balm. My hair straightened out like I had a fresh relaxer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use the Phyto 7 & 9 for Baggying. I also have the Phytospecific Nutrition Mask and another Phyto Product (can't remember which).

I have a box of the Phytospecific II relaxer, but after painstaking consideration, I decided against the No-Lye and went with Linange Shea Butter Lye.

soulie

I use the Phyto 7 & 9 for Baggying. I also have the Phytospecific Nutrition Mask and another Phyto Product (can't remember which).

I have a box of the Phytospecific II relaxer, but after painstaking consideration, I decided against the No-Lye and went with Linange Shea Butter Lye.

That's the relaxer I've been using, but I'm debating whether to try type I or to use the MBB Mild for my next touchup. I don't have a good reason for switching to lye, I've just been in buns so long that I'm hair-bored. Would you let me know if you decide to sell the box? I have a SDD who could use it.

Wow thanks ladies, I was thinking about trying the line out, I'm not sure if I want to transition, but I don't think I'm mentally ready yet, so I might try the relaxer.....thanks again ladies, I really want to try that Phyto 9 though......

LushLox

Just a note that at some point I tried almost every Phyto product. Phytospecific, the red line for hair growth, the orange line for moisture, and the blue line for normal hair.I also forgot, I use Phytodefrisiant when its humid and its a great w/ the Bain de Terre Anti Frizz Serum for the days I blow dry. My original stylist (way over priced in downtown DC) put me on to Phyto. Now many local salons offer the product for relaxers. Back then I had to buy the $60 box and STILL pay $125 for the application..and $15 for the trim!! It was too much. However, thankfully, my broke pockets led me to self styling, and I couldn't be happier!

News Flash: I just bought Phytocitrus from Bath & Body works...all of their products are on sale for 50% off in store. Phyto is NEVER on sale.

I know, I know, I am unleashing the hounds by putting that out there. But I need you DMV ladies to go and buy it up while I am out of town, and help me with this PJism...
I have already checked for Phytophanere vitamins at 50% off, and alas, someone else who knew of its glory bought them all and is probably selling them on eBay at regular price.

Anywhoo.

Thanks for your detailed reports Lovie. I'm certainly going to try the relaxer, but I hadn't paid too much thought regarding their regular products.

May have to give them a try, for my research and all. :blush:

greenwings23

I use phytospecific index relaxer 2 because it is the only relaxer that my hair really loves...it is not harsh like the others....I have adapted to not having bone straight hair...Thus less breakage and hair loss.. it is no# 1 on my list

Lovie

Have any of you tried the Phytobrush shampoo? It's designed to loosen curl patterns to facilitate blowdrying. My stylist used it on me when I was about 4 months post and it really, really worked. She also used the relaxing balm. My hair straightened out like I had a fresh relaxer.

Yes, I used this and had great results too. I used it with the Phytobaume (i used it as a detangler and really didnt like it for that purpose, but I never though of using to pre-poo), then used the Phytodefrisiant before blowdrying and flat ironing. Oh, I have also tried the Phytolisse with good results.

Lovie

I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post!! I just HAD to join in on the praises for Phyto products. I've used a few Phyto products in the past and liked them. Since starting my growth journey in January of this year, I've been using the Phyto line exclusively and I absolutely love it!!! I use the following products:

Phytonectar Shampoo
Phytojoba Shampoo
Phytobaume Conditioner (for pre-poo)
Phytojoba Conditioner
Phytokarite Conditioner
Phytomist
Phyto 7
Phytolisse Serum
Phytophenere Vitamins
PhytoSpecific Vital Force Shampoo
PhytoSpecific Intense Nutrition Mask

Lovie, I’ve already peeped the Bath and Body Works 50% off sale about two weeks ago. I bought up darn near the entire inventory!!! I won't have to buy hair products for the next year. I've also called all the stores in my area that carry the line, to hold ALL the Phyto 7 for me for the June sale. The Phyto 7 and Phytojoba are the best hydrating products I've ever used. I can't even put into words how much I love this line!!!!

I'll probably still lurk and comment randomly as I am new to this, but I will definitely post regarding praise for anything Phyto!!!

WELCOME PWEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on writing and coming out of the dark corners of lurkiness!! See, it ain't so bad!! :) I spent a few years myself. Watching, waiting, reading, then running of to test the validity on my poor scalp.

Your shopping patterns sound eerrrily familiar. Luckily, I have my stash and we are not in the same zip code or I would be fearful, hee hee!! Not to mention that I NEED NO MORE anything! And, my husband travels and is trained to spot key sale products and bring them back home to me. :) But I did put my mom onto it, who is falling in love. She was like - $30 FOR SHAMPOO???!! Then she was like...$50 FOR PILLS>??! Then she kept using things bit by bit and was like...sweet glory...

It was her that saw my hair growing like a weed, and boguht a bottle herself. Also, I bought a bottle of the Phytodensium for her, because she was having issues with gray and brittleness, she said she already sees a difference in about 2 weeks, that it feels a bit fuller coming in. I think Phyto products are designed to promote the healthiest scalp environment for your hair,and to preserve the integrity of the hair that does come out.

I forgot all about June. You're on the ball girlie!! :) The half yearly sales at B&B, Victoria's Secret and Nordstrom always set me back.....sigh...

Glad that you ventured out to share in your post!! Hope to see you around!!

Last edited:

Lovie

I use phytospecific index relaxer 2 because it is the only relaxer that my hair really loves...it is not harsh like the others....I have adapted to not having bone straight hair...Thus less breakage and hair loss.. it is no# 1 on my list

Let me tell you.

You are so right about the not bone straight.

My friend and I have been growing our hair together. We were both using affirm. When I switched to Phyto do believe she was watching me experiment with all this and LHCF techniques like some kind of lab rat.

Well, as your hair gets lonng...you can SEE where the phyto strands are still full and healthy and thick and well nourished...vs. affirm strandds that are trying hard to live. Now I LOVED Affirm...and before that used plain old store bought relaxers...but it just breaks your hair down way too much.

You will find that over time, you can stretch longer. I used to stretch 6-8 weeks, and was walking around with my hair untouched to do anything past. Now, I could easily see myself only relaxing 2 xs a year, and my hair doesnt look all extra crazy either.

It wasnt until I began getting a bit of length that my friend saw the difference in how my ends and the fullness of my hair was. Even air drying, you still have a bit of curl. This is helpful when you have 7 years of length and would like to be able to skip a week of DCing, treat yourself to heat, etc. etc.

I have been trimming off my Affirm for about 6 months and I've only got about an inch to go. For that reason I have stayed stuck right around shoulder, but I love the existing length for my face and I love the current structure of my hair so I figure why not clean it up here then just see where it takes me. As my ultimate goal is healthy hair vs. length. Length will come with healthy hair and wise hair care practices.

I'm so glad to see others that love Phyto. My girl thought I was CRAZY at first about it...but I see so many beautiful heads when people just makethe investment to take care oftheir hair with the right practices.

There are many many good products. Its fun finding out what works for your hair. If there were any few products I would recommend to start, I would say:

Phytophanere Vitamins
Phytospecific Relaxer
Phytodefrisiant Relaxing Balm (ONLY for heat stylers - its heat activated under the hooded dryer or blow dryer).

Lovie

Thanks for your detailed reports Lovie. I'm certainly going to try the relaxer, but I hadn't paid too much thought regarding their regular products.

May have to give them a try, for my research and all. :blush:

Tee hee!
:cheers:

A toast to research.

Luscious Locks

LOVIE!!!!

I've been accidentally stalking you all week. It just so happens that you are using a lot of the products the I'm researching. I'm really on the fence about my next relaxer and it's closing in on relaxer day. I will be 12 weeks post after this coming friday and I was contemplating which relaxer to use. I have been leaning heavily towards phyto because it's no-lye without the calcium (so it shouldn't cause calcium build up, right?). I also like that phytorelaxer has proteins in it to help rebuild the hair while breaking it down. I think that's how hair maintains that little bit of texture, which is what I want. But part of me wants to go back to lye relaxers at the salon. Here's my predicament.

1. If I relax with Phyto I would do it at home and let my mother apply it in stead of my stylist so that it would still be cost affordable. BUT my mother is more apt to overlap. I don't know if overlapping is an issue with Phyto because it does maintain the hair's integrity.

2. If I go to the salon I would use their Design Essentials relaxer which is also supposed to be not as damaging to the hair, and the stylist would be less apt to overlap. But lye burns, and I can't stand that.

I guess my mane (teehee) issue here is the overlapping, and knowing which one will give me texlaxed hair (I still want a little bit of wave). And secondly it would be the price. For $60 all you get is a box kit and more control over the neutralizing, washing, and styling process if you do it at home. If I went to the salon, for $60 I would get everything done for me tip included. You feel me here? Am I being to cheap?

I also have this theory that if you used Phytonectar prepoo oil on your hair before getting a salon lye relaxer that it could be somewhat like getting a phytorelaxer. It's got 12% concentration of egg yolk protein. That's a very high concentration if you ask me. I don't know how chemistry inclined you guys are (I love that nerdy stuff), but it stands to reason that it could help out at the salon.

I'm also torn my Phyto's great marketing. I really believe that Phyto is the best hair brand out there and I want to be a Phyto girl so badly. I love phytospecific products, but I know that relaxers are nothing to play with. Can you girls tell me if you've experienced dryness with your Phytorelaxers at all?