Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

SmartyPants

OK... We've all drooled, bowed down in awe, praised, and worshiped Sylver2 for her year-long stretch... I know I came away from that thread truly inspired. Frankly, my hair could use a rest from relaxers so I was planning to try to not relax until December 11th. A relaxer on December 11th will put me at 10.5 months post.

I propose that we start a Long-Term Stretch Challenge for folks planning stretches for 6 months or longer. This includes those folks who are doing long-term transitions. The idea is to share thoughts and regimens for when things get treacherous during the later months of our stretches! We can also give each other support when we get the urge to relax early (I can tell you guys now that I start getting antsy at around 11 weeks post and this usually derails my stretches)!

Of course, we won't complain if Sylver2 pokes her head in every once in a while to offer tips and encouragement!:look:

Participants:
Sylver2 (of course she's getting the top spot!)
SmartyPants (Stretch Ended: 5-31-09, 13 weeks)
MoniintheMiddle
KPH
hairsothick
BlondeByDesire
Tamrin
Ms.Lyons
MsCounsel
growinglong777
Solitude
Globeleza
onejamifan
Miss Monae
~NanCeBoTwin~
JayAnn0513
SouthernStunner
wheezy807
Ariana4000
tay luv
Shay72
lacreolegurl
Kacie
blue flower
theprincess098
PGirl
Sugarhoney
Nefertiti21 (after June relaxer)
SparkleDoll
LaLaa
LovinLea
Shana'
song of serenity
Aggie
Chameleonchick
prettyFine (Resident Slacker :look:)
HoneyA
Precious_P
MummysGirl
bgsix
wannabelong
nycutiepie
Luscious850
normacyri
fancypants007
LivingDoll (Stretch Ended: 4-26-09, 13 weeks)
mytia
Quita
Hot Chocolate-LB
LongHairDon'tCare
HoneyLemonDrop
natural_one
CinnaMizz
smwrigh3
Loves Harmony
prettyfaceANB (Stretch Ended: 5-7-09, 12 weeks)
supermodelsonya
taz007
freshlikemoi
HappyHairDreams
Southern Beauty
Chevelure618
vslady
princessdi
Anew
RavenMaven
Ivypearl08
keysha1983
StarFish106
foxieroxienyc
Butterfly08 (after July relaxer)
qns1980
morehairplease
Lovelylife
ILuvsmuhgrass
cicilypayne
FlawedBeauty
ljamie4
CourtneyD
xquisitduchess
myronnie
Juspri
bestblackgirl
raloftin
Liege4421
DDTexlaxed
butterfly3582
Msmia
Highly Favored8
beans4reezy
CocoaMane
gymfreak336
MonaLisa
CokoQt

Last edited:

MoniintheMiddle

I'm in! I was so inspired by Sylver2 that I had decided to try to stretch for a year. I am currently at 17 weeks. Thus far it hasn't been a probalem (I previously stretched for 26 weeks).

KPH

House Head
Six months for me will be September 4th but I'm thinking if it is going fine then I can go a full year (March). I will just be a bun queen for the rest of the year and doing weekly washes and a deep conditioner wash for my mid-week care. It's about to get hot here anyway and I definitely don't want no hair hanging and flying.

I'M SO IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsCounsel

As always LHCF's ladies are right on time. I am going for a six month stretch. I have never done this before and usually can't make it past 11.5 weeks without severe breakage.

I need to do this for so many reasons but primarily, I am currently nursing a very large portion of very damaged and SHORT hair in the front and top of my head. I decided last week to give my hair a six month break.

I am currently taking Chlorella daily and my new growth is a completely different and manageable texture. I'm ready.....

MC

P.S. Um I just calculated and I'm already at 11 weeks this Saturday!!!! Wow. I can do this...

Last edited:

Solitude

I'm in! I was just thinking about something similar to this challenge this morning. Er - I'm only 5 days post, so....the first part of this challenge will be a breeze for me. lol

I haven't set my goal yet, still pondering a long term transition.

Miss Monae

Count me in also! I's still fresh from my last relaxer, but I rarely relax during the summer because of the heat and constant sweating. I will be in buns, braidouts, and corn rows!

I am going to stretch for at least 6 months, hopefully longer.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'm in....Its no secret I've gone back and forth about relaxing when I get my hair done Friday I'll be two days shy of 17 weeks. Yesterday I made the final decision not to get the relaxer and this morning I decided to hold out til my bday 9-21 (39 weeks). I won't front I'm scared but with you ladies I'm sure I can do it!!!!

ETA: He knows what you need and when you need it....this thread came right on time!!!

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I'm 15 weeks post right now and planned to relax tomorrow night. I'll either stretch until July 1 and make it 6 months or relax tomrrow and go 6 months until October. Either way I'm in!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am in. I havent had a relaxer since 7 Sept 08 and I am holding out until New Years day. I dont even know how many weeks that makes me post right now cause I dont have my calendar with me. But please count me in!

wheezy807

Can i join, too? I'm currently 21 weeks post. I plan to relax at 24 weeks, my FIRST 6 month stretch! Yay!

lacreolegurl

Count me in too!! I'm currently in my 4th month. I can't figure out if I want to transition or end my stretch around June like I originally planned. I got a sew in this week because I was starting to get antsy. I hope to keep it in at least 3-4 weeks.

Kacie

I'm in. I'm currently 12 weeks post aiming for between 20-24 weeks. I now have to make sure that I apply conditioner (relaxer style) to the new growth too, that uses up a ton of conditioner :ohwell:.

sylver2

I'm in. I'm currently 12 weeks post aiming for between 20-24 weeks. I now have to make sure that I apply conditioner (relaxer style) to the new growth too, that uses up a ton of conditioner :ohwell:.

yup exactly..thats what gets me thru though..A LOT of conditioner. on my 11th and 12th month maan i spent soo much money on conditioners.

PGirl

OH OKAY!!! I just relaxed 1.5 weeks ago after my longest stretch. 17 weeks...Ok so I'm in for 6 months. I can't believe I just wrote that.

Stretching works ya'll...my hair is thriving. No splits either. With help from each other we can do this right, and retain all or most of our length. We should call it the NO PAIN NO GAIN Challenge! Cuz it's so freakin hard!!!

Last edited: