Calling all Emergencee users!

Britt

Hi ladies,
I would like to know exactly how you use Emergencee and how often. I have used it in the past about 3 years ago and use to use it at the hairdresser. I can't really say I noticed a huge difference b/c my hair was healthy and I didn't know that it was suppose to really do.

Anyway, as of lately my locks have been feeling extremely weak and fragile with lost elasticity.

I plan on using it with heat for about 20-30 min. and then following with a moisturizing con.

Tracy

You just slather it on, put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer. It's expensive, but when I have a full size bottle I use it at least once or twice a month. If you feel you need more because of weakness in the hair more often is fine too. You can use it once a week for at least a month with no problem. Whenever I color, this is what I do. Def. follow with a mois. cond. Do you like Humectress? Whatever your favorite is, is fine.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Thanks to Tracy (
) Emergencee has been added to my must have list. I followed the instructions to a tee w/this one b/c I didn't want to make my hair weak & brittle b/c I can be a little protein sensitive. So I did exactly as instructed and my hair felt wonderful
. I poo'd, sat w/it for 10 mins w/heat, poo'd w/Therrape and followed w/3 mins of Humectress. Oh la la
. I plan to use it twice a month, at some point I'll probably cut back to once.

Neroli

I generally use emergencee for the wash just before touch-ups in order to strengthen and prepare my hair prior to relaxing. I use at other times when I feel my hair is weak and abused, but that's very rare. I strongly suggest sticking with the recommended time frame on the directions (don't leave it on longer than it says) just follow the timing and rinse out. The MOST important step is to do a deep moisturizing conditioning immediatley after (which the directions on the bottle does NOT really stress!) I ALWAYS follow with humectress cover with plastic cap for at least 30 minutes or longer and then rinse out. Towel dry and apply leave in (I use headdress - I'm a nexxus baby!). Your hair will be fabulous! I have 4b relaxed hair and been using emergencee for over 10 years with excellent results. . .

Britt

Thanks ladies for your suggestions!
So do u think 30 mintues would be overkill?
Tracy- im trying not 2 think of the price, I know its $50
, but as my hair is weaker than usual right now and I think i need to use it for a good 3-4 weeks straight just to build up the strength again.

Sengschick- I notice that u poo'd after using the Emergencee, I got this from a Dom. hairdresser, she use to poo after using Penetraitt. Since then I do a light poo following a heavy duty protein and then moisturize I like it better that way

Tracy

Check around Britt...I've seen it or $30. I rarely pay more than that. Check around...

Good idea, you guys, about lightly pooing after Emergencee - never thougtht of that!
I think 30 minutes is about right. That's about what I do. 20-30 minutes....

Sengs:
Back atcha girl!!!!

Neroli

Britt: the small 3.3oz bottle of emergencee runs about $15.00. I get 3 treatments from this bottle (I have shoulder length 4b hair)

Sengschick: I've not tried 'pooing with therappe after rinsing the treatment--sounds really good. Does this help remove all the protein as well as begin remoisturizing?

sengschick

The Bun Master
@Britt: Would 30 mins of which product be overkill? Humectress? Nope. FYI: I had a helluva time finding Emergencee, I finally had to drive to the mall and go to the JCPenney's salon. They only had the 3.3 oz bottle, it was $14. They also had liters of Nexxus on sale, Therrape and Humectress 2 for $22

@Ubavka: I don't think you'll be disappointed. My hair was so soft and silky. Feels nothing like a typical protein treatment

@Neroli: I just did it b/c it was in the directions. I didn't want anything to go wrong!
But my hair was soooo luscious. I used it before and after the treatment
. I know GPB tells you to rinse for one full minute, so I think poo'ing insures that the protein has been completely removed more expeditiously
! But during the entire process my hair felt so moist and silky. Now I have to track down the big bottle

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Check around Britt...I've seen it or $30. I rarely pay more than that. Check around...

Good idea, you guys, about lightly pooing after Emergencee - never thougtht of that!
I think 30 minutes is about right. That's about what I do. 20-30 minutes....

Sengs:
Back atcha girl!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Check where???? Every single place that I have seen that stuff within the past three years has been for no less than $50. Is there somewhere in Harlem that has it for cheaper? If so I will venture there.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I wouldn't do that
. I think that's overkill. I end up w/dry brittle hair when I leave protein in too long. Never improves the effect for me, makes it worse. GPB is about the only thing I leave in longer that contains protein. I would follow the instructions and leave the moisturizing conditioner in longer. Just my opionion.

Neroli

Emergencee recommends leaving on 10 minutes with plastic cap, with or without heat. I wouldn't keep on longer than that, protein being such a delicate thing an all. . .

Britt, you can check online for waaaaay cheaper than $50.00 (I've actually never seen it for $50, even the larger 6oz or 8oz only goes for about $35). In over 10 years of using, I have never paid more than $15 for the 3.3oz because I get at least 3 treatments out it, sometimes 4 if I'm paying attention. . .

Do a google or yahoo search for "nexxus emergencee" to see the online prices or check with salons in your area that carry nexxus (they might even order for you so you don't have to pay shipping).

Britt

Thanks Neroli!
Actually TRacy just gave me the name of a salon where I can get the 16oz. bottle (i believe) for $40, thats still not bad.

I guess 30 min. with heat is overkill
, I will keep it on for 10-15 min. with heat.

msniq

I think everyone should take this as a coution when using appoghee and emergencee. those products can help alot when used correctly but it only takes a little to make them do more damage. I know that a lot think that they have damaged hair but sometimes it is not damage it is just dry and a deep conditioner may help. those app and emerg. are not for weekely or even biweekly use. once a month and that depends on how damaged your hair is. Read the bottle I know that emerg. says for depretly damaged hair. It does not tell you that it needs to be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner because it is a professional product and they want you to have to use a pro. Sooo with all that said ladies use the heavy duty products with caution.
I know when I did use it I used a HEAVY DUTY mosturizer after it. I followed the directions to a t also. I have not used it in ages. Actually I have a fullunused bottle in my beauty bar. My hair is not damaged anymore so why use it? perhaps I will sell it on ebay.

Leslie_C

my emergencee does say to follow with a moisturizing conditioner. It also says "use weekly for hair that has been chemically damaged or abused by thermal styling appliances. Each treatment will dramatically improve hair's health, condition, and shine."

I think if combatting breakage and damage, it can be used weekly for a certain # of treatments, but then should be used once a month or so, or in true "emergencies"

msniq

ok gotcha. i just know that there was a woman who was going to this dom salon that I would go to and she was in there going off on them about the emergencee and that it thinned out her hair and that they were the ones who told her to use it everytime she came there (once a week). That was enough for me to hear and see (she had pictures).

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
msniq said:
ok gotcha. i just know that there was a woman who was going to this dom salon that I would go to and she was in there going off on them about the emergencee and that it thinned out her hair and that they were the ones who told her to use it everytime she came there (once a week). That was enough for me to hear and see (she had pictures).

[/ QUOTE ]

Emergencee should not be used every single week for a long time if your hair is not severly damaged. Sometimes you have to listen to your hair and not your hairdresser. Many hairdressers seem to think that everyone's hair is uniform when it's not. It was a Dom. hairdresser when I was 18 that told to buy Emergencee and that my ORS hair mayo was not enough. My hair was damn healthy and strong as hell then but I didn't really know what exactly Emergencee was and how often it should be used. Now that I know, I know that my hair could use the extra protien right now but not something should be overused. I also know that I am suppose to use a moisturizing con. afterwards, I didn't know this years ago when I originally bought it.

azul11

okay I am a little under the weather so maybe my reading is off but are you guys saying you do the emergencee, then therappee and then humectress? Do you just wet the hair and then put the emergencee or is there something I am missing? God bless you all.

VelvetRain

I have never had good results with emergencee or aphogee for that matter. I strongly believe that both those formulations are just too strong for my hair type.

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:
okay I am a little under the weather so maybe my reading is off but are you guys saying you do the emergencee, then therappee and then humectress? Do you just wet the hair and then put the emergencee or is there something I am missing? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The directions on the emergencee bottle reads as follows:

"Shampoo with the nexxus shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of emergencee to completely cover the hair. Comb through. Cover hair with plastic cap. Leave on for 10 minutes with or without heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel dry. Massage a small amount of humectress conditioner into the hair to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling."

I normally wash with therappe, apply emergencee for 10 minutes with plastic cap, no heat. Rinse thoroughly. Apply humectress for at least 30 minutes with plastic cap, no heat. Rinse throughly and then proceed with rollerset. I have never shampooed AGAIN after the treatment as some others have suggested, but it sounds like a good idea because seems like would completely remove the protein residue from hair. Also, the directions indicate to use "a small amount" of humectress as a leave-in after the treatment, I tried that but my hair was too dry and found that I MUST do "a generous amount" as a intense moisturizing treatment, rinse out and THEN do the leave in.

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Britt- the gwbeauty place has it for 39.10 and there will be free shippping so get it from there. I think I met get it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the gwbeauty place? because I ended paying $44 for my bottle yesterday

hiza

I am going to have to try this product.
My man is always complaining about the bad smell of the aphooge.

hiza...

Paris Belle

I used it for the first time after I got my last touch up..I think it did make a difference for me, in addition to putting my hair up. I got a touchup this past Friday and I plan to use the ER on my next wash. When I run out, I am thinking of using the Sebastian Penetraitt instead, would that be comparable to the ER?

CBG-Aren't you supposed to not be purchasing any new products? Bad girl...

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The directions on the emergencee bottle reads as follows:

"Shampoo with the nexxus shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of emergencee to completely cover the hair. Comb through. Cover hair with plastic cap. Leave on for 10 minutes with or without heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel dry. Massage a small amount of humectress conditioner into the hair to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling."

I normally wash with therappe, apply emergencee for 10 minutes with plastic cap, no heat. Rinse thoroughly. Apply humectress for at least 30 minutes with plastic cap, no heat. Rinse throughly and then proceed with rollerset. I have never shampooed AGAIN after the treatment as some others have suggested, but it sounds like a good idea because seems like would completely remove the protein residue from hair. Also, the directions indicate to use "a small amount" of humectress as a leave-in after the treatment, I tried that but my hair was too dry and found that I MUST do "a generous amount" as a intense moisturizing treatment, rinse out and THEN do the leave in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe my bottle was new, b/c it also instructed that you poo w/Therrape after rinsing the Emergencee. Then directed you to use Humectress. Worked very, very well.

Haleni

Ladies ebay has it for 34-36 dollars the large size. I've bought it several times and it has been fine.