I just noticed something... Y'all are not gonna beleive this!!

BlackHairDiva

When I was little my mom took us ( me and my brothers) to the salon to get some jheri curls done(yes the 80s!!). Well, the woman started doing our hair. I don't remember what she did. But at one point, we all had straight hair and was about to get the rollers put int them.

I was sitting there and something told me to look on the left. I noticed all the women in the salon where complimenting this "girl "who had all around( nape, temples,etc) perfectly healthy APL hair. Well the crowd moved out of the way and long and behold it was my BROTHER!!!!:wallbash: The hair was combed and covered his face , no one could see him( he was about 9 or10). Plus he had a cover on and no one could see his clothes. He was smokin' mad!!!

I looked at him pissed and told him in a sobbing and whisper voice:" Why or is your hair like this...Your not a girl. I'm the one who is supposed to have hair like that!!!"

What I failed to noticed is back then, everyday when we both would get ready for school my brother( we all had our hair natural) he would was his hair and not dry it out completely. He would not afro pick his hair to the point you hear the snapping...he wanted to avoid the pain at any cost. He would have his hair moist, put the hair grease and basically it would air dry. That is right my older brother at the time who was 8 or 9 washed the hair daily, air dried, sealed with oil( hair grease) and gently comb his hair. Without knowing what he was doing he grew his hair to APL... Now, that I think of it...his hair grew quicker too! :nono:

NO WONDER!!! I just realized this NOW!!! this man was practicing the low manipulation, moisturize and seal!:lachen: Mom and I kept telling him it was bad for him to airdry his hair completely cause it would break. I still can't believe neither of us notice.

Last edited: