How do you soften shea butter?!?!!?!

myxdchiick

I recently got shea butter in a container and it is in chunks. Is there any way I can soften into a useable form without adding essential oils (because I don't have any)? I mean like using a hand mixer? I do have coconut oil and extra light olive oil. But I don't think I want to add anything to my beloved shea. Just use it by itself..... TIA

F

FunJoy!

I usually take a little scoop out and rub it between my palms...it gets soooo soft and warm. I have the unrefined natural version.

ebonylocs

Whip it with a hand held mixer.

Or

put it in a heat proof container, then put that it a pot or bowl of hot water. If you want to whip it after that, it will be easier.

ebonylocs

Can i whip it without putting it in the microwave...and add my EVOO?

You surely can.

I recently made a hemp oil, coconut oil, shea butter, glycerine and water mix. Didn't have even a hand held blender, so I whipped and whipped my mixture with a wooden spoon (like I was mixing butter and sugar for a cake in the olden days), until it became creamy.

Crumbling it into small pieces beforehand helps. Also, it should help to add the oil before you whip.

myxdchiick

This is exactly how I did mine. I also added some coconut oil and lavender as well.

lavender EO? I've been reading alot about EO's how much do they run for?
I was thinking about getting some but idk what to get....i wanna get something that smells good but not attract bugs that sting! :nono:

gabulldawg

I usually just take some out and put it between my palms and rub them together for about 20 seconds. It gets nice and hot and I rub it wherever I need it. I just take out the amount I need each time. I haven't tried to soften the whole container at once.

Kneechay

put it in the microwave for like 15 secs and then use a spoon or a whipper and soften it. Leave it at room temperature to remain soft and malleable

Naturel

You can blend it in blender adding coconut oil until it's creamy. You get a very nice smooth butter :yep:

IntoMyhair

I put mine in a double boiler on the stove and heat it indirectly after it has all melted I put it in the freezer than whip it. But if you want you can melt it than put it in the fridge till its cold.