Yikes!!!!! Shea butter boo boo!!

Honeytips

I need some help ladies. I decided to mix some coconut oil into my shea butter. Being the brainiac that I am I decided to put the shea butter into the microwave to soften it enough so that I can easily stir the oil into the butter - BIG MISTAKE!! It's now completely liquid (as I stupidly left if for a couple of minutes) and a rather burnt looking brown.
Question - will it ever solidify or should I just throw it down the sink?:help:
Thanks in advance!!! Now I'm going to go stand by the fridge and pray :wallbash:

It will solidify, then will be able to stir or whip it. I did the same thing and the oil was brown too, but it was definitely not burnt. I think that's the natural color of melted unrefined shea butter.

Fantastic!!! Thanks a million ladies for your quick replies!!! I can now happily remove myself from in front of the fridge and stop worrying!!! :thankyou:

yea its gonna solidify..the brown color is natural color of shea butter when melted.once it does solidify, you can use it like that or use a mixer to make it creamy

When I make my blends (shea/EVOO or shea/Avocado oil/CO) I always melt it to a liquid. It's fine, it will "harden" back up once it cools.

Yeah, what they said.

I'll just add, once it starts to solidify, add the coconut oil and use your immersion blender (or whateva u have) to mix in your oil, and then let it solidify the rest of the way outside of the fridge.

Back