12 in 12 Challenge?

that_1_grrrl

I remember when I first started lurking, I saw the 12 inches in 12 months challenge: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241275

I was wondering if that worked out for anyone?

I'm also wondering if anyone would be interested in trying a 12 inches in 12 months challenge?

I know it's toughie, but I'd at least like to try. I think it would be cool to focus on retention, so everybody will get at least 6 inches.

ETA: Challenge Explanation

Okay, this is now the official thread for the 12 in 12 challenge.

Goal: To achieve the maximum monthly length our heads are capable of, be it 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, or 1 inch. The ultimate goal is to achieve 1 full inch of growth a month through good health and retention.

How we will achieve the goal: With this challenge, there will be many paths to achieving this goal, but here are the three basic steps:

Keeping Good Health
Maintaining Regimens
Retaining growth

Our goals are to improve the health of our bodies (and therefore, our scalps and hair), to stay on track with our regimens, and to retain each inch of hair we grow!

Disclaimer: Yes, 1 inch per month is hard to achieve. The purpose of this challenge is not to set the member up for failure. The purpose is to make a commitment to achieving ultimate growth, and most importantly to retaining every inch of growth.

Good Luck and Happy Hair Growing!!!

Participants:
missnurselady
taz007
Dymmeonds
jazzmoods
Auburn
SouthernStunner
Lux_In_Musica
scarcity21
Jaxhair
Soul<3Flower
Afrolinda
cutiebe2
Platinum
Avia62
hairbrat_danni
Mane Event
authencitymanifesting
kitamay
jaded_faerie
nicola.kirwan
asummertyme
naturalpride
Lebiya
-Love,Love*
taj
girlyprincess23
mightycute912
Conqueror_aka
sexi_kay_80
tyefrmy

Optional: If you would like, in order to document how well you're doing, answer these questions:

What's your regimen?
Current growth rate?
Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)?

I think I will leave it up to all of you to decide when you want to check in. But when you do check in, be as detailed as possible. Try to pinpoint what is working for you. This will be a great way to decide what to keep and what to toss out!

******All Members of LHCF Are Welcome to Submit Ideas. If You Feel Anything Should Be Added to This, Let Me Know******

Last edited:

girlyprincess23

I think there is one called the MN dozens that is continuing off of an old one. The thread is somewhere! Oh but it is using MN not without growth aid help.

Dymmeonds

I'm also wondering if anyone would be interested in trying a 12 inches in 12 months challenge?

I know it's toughie, but I'd at least like to try. I think it would be cool to focus on retention, so everybody will get at least 6 inches.

Alright so...I wanna join you right?...but, I KNOW I will need a huge trim shortly, I am APL now, but shedding and breaking from hair that I don't know can be saved (My roots and such have gotten MUCH better since I joined LHCF)...if you want an impossible accomplice...I am down...just say the word, but I would understand if you want someone who is more likely to reach the goal....:perplexed

that_1_grrrl

Alright so...I wanna join you right?...but, I KNOW I will need a huge trim shortly, I am APL now, but shedding and breaking from hair that I don't know can be saved (My roots and such have gotten MUCH better since I joined LHCF)...if you want an impossible accomplice...I am down...just say the word, but I would understand if you want someone who is more likely to reach the goal....:perplexed

It's not about who's likely to reach the goal. It's more about doing the best for your hair to see how much you can get it to grow. :)

I'm not even sure if I can get to 12 inches in a year, but I'm going to try.

Auburn

I forgot all about my thread. Thanks for the reminder!
Im definitely trying to get an inch a month. I will use exercise and such

that_1_grrrl

I forgot all about my thread. Thanks for the reminder!
Im definitely trying to get an inch a month. I will use exercise and such

I just realized that the challenge went from June 2008 to June 2009. I didn't mean to overlap like that. But it's great challenge to try :yep:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am in on this. I think I have signed up for almost every challenge there is out there. I even did a chart for my bathroom wall to remind me of what I can/can't do. All the challenges mesh well so it is a good thing.

Vinyl

I'm in! I've been on LHCF for awhile but haven't used anything but protective styling. :laugh: It's time to step it up in '09!

Jaxhair

Erm...... Forgive me Jaxhair for not believing in your ability to grow an inch a month - you may prove me wrong and show that you can do that and more, and I shall try my very best in this challenge to get you to grow and retain 12 inches in 2009.

Okay, I think it's uber ambitious but I'm in girls! Meshes in very well with my current challenges. I'm becoming a challenge junkie, lol! Might go check out the bootcamp one too - every little helps, plus I really NEED to get my diet healthier and step up on exercising more.......

So please add me! I'll add all my challenges to my siggy as soon as I work out how to (I keep getting told I have too many lines or something similar:perplexed)

Afrolinda

I started in june 2008. I had 3 inches in 6 months for the very first time, I hope to retain at least 5 inches for the next 6 months. I have pictures in " Albums". Sme of the albums in my fotki are open and my pw is: African.

Avia62

Count me in!!! January 2009 to January 2010 sounds like a plan to me!!!!
Even if you don't get 12 inches.... 6 inches for the year would be great! It's worth a try!:grin:

that_1_grrrl

So what are the rules I just relaxed this past monday.

I am going to update this post tomorrow with rules/suggestions for this challenge. I'm so excited!

It may be hard to achieve a full 12 inches in a year, but if we strive hard to retain what growth we do get, imagine where we'll be! :grin:

-Love Love*

12 in 12? Thats A LOT of growth. Like I did a length check, and If I did get that much growth I would be like Waist length!

Mane Event

Count me in!
I'm pretty new to the board and this will be my first challenge! I'm currently in a sew-in that I plan to take down on January 13th (can't wait)! I will post starting pics then.

Like I said, I'm pretty new to the board but I've done my due dilligence by spending the last 2 months reading through many posts. Hopefully, I'm pretty up to speed on things but if you ladies having any tips/suggestions, that would greatly be appreciated!

Just one question, Is anyone planning to use another growth aid along with MN? any special mixes?

Let's get growing for 2009!!!