I did it! Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) *pic heavy*

kellylinn77

Hey ladies! First of let me start by thanking Chocolatesis, Foxxylisa1025, Cubanit, YamisGirl, Princessnad, Crazydaze911, and Brittanynic16 for answering my pm's and sharing their BKT experience with me. I have a couple inches of texlaxed hair and i'm kinda on the fence about being relaxed, texlaxed, and natural. I decided not to texlax prior to the application to see how straight my hair would get after the process. I ordered the 2% chocolate from here http://www.bestkeratin.com/Produto.aspx In the pics below I described my process. I highly recommend like the other BKT ladies have already to make sure you are in a well ventilated area with a fan blowing directly in your face for the whole process (application, blow drying, and flat ironing). Overall I am very pleased with the treatment and I am praying that this is not to good to be true. I wish I could tell you all that I didn't loose a single hair after the process, I don't think ther's anything in the world that magical! Enjoy! Ladies PM me if have any questions.

Every day bun prior to BKT
I have a couple of inches of texlaxed hair. I love the waves! I bun everyday!

Clarified ,naked, and wet hair
Prior to application the BKT, you have to clarify. I clarified with Keracare first lather, colored with clairol's natural instinct midnight black, and clarifed again. (This pic was taken prior to the color)

[B]Back of clarified, naked, wet hair[/B]
Prior to application the BKT, you have to clarify. I clarified with Keracare first lather, colored with clairol's natural instinct midnight black, and clarifed again. (This pic was taken prior to the color)
[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/kellylinn77/DSC00554.jpg/IMG

Blown dry naked hair
Prior to BKT application you have to blow dry your hair naked 80%.

Blown dry naked hair

Texture shot prior to BKT

Texture shot prior to BKT

Flat ironed texture shot after BKT
After you apply the BKT to your hair you have to blow dry hair with the solution in it. Once it's dry, you have to flat iron hair in small sections at 450 dregrees passing over each section at least 10 times

Flat ironed hair after BKT

Flat ironed hair after BKT

Next day hair
The BKT instructions recommend that you do not wash, use any products, or use any clips, bands, or any other means to tie up your hair for the next two days. The night of application I wrapped my hair and tied it up with a scarf.

Next day hair

I had to throw a length shot in there, LOL!

Close up of next day hair

Washed hair post BKT
They recommend you wait 2 days prior to washing, I'm a couple of hours early. I washed with Hair One for color treated hair

Post BKT wash texture shot
Washed with Hair One for color treated hair

Post BKT air dried hair
Used Elasta QP H-two. Air dried in about 30 min
Post BKT air dried hair

Post BKT air dried hair

Post BKT air dried texture shot

Everyday bun after BKT texture shot
As you can see I still have a slight wave pattern. I used HS 14 in 1, sealed with vatika frosting, and put a little gel on for good measure

Everyday bun after BKT texture shot

Muse

Wow your hair looks great! Do you think this would replace a relaxer for you?
Does your hair feel stronger? I would try it but that formaldehyde scares me:eek2:

kellylinn77

Wow your hair looks great! Do you think this would replace a relaxer for you?
Does your hair feel stronger? I would try it but that formaldehyde scares me:eek2:
I'm hoping to replace my relaxer, the texlaxed part got really relaxed. It relaxed to texture that I really liked. It does feel a lot stronger. I didn't get as many broken hairs as I usually get. At $270 a bottle it better do something!:grin: Yeah, the formaldehyde scares me to but I think if you take the precautions everything should be ok!

FeelinIt

Does this work on totally virgin natural hair....like 4a/b?

I'm ready to chop my hair off because of the frustration I'm feeling.

kellylinn77

Does this work on totally virgin natural hair....like 4a/b?

I'm ready to chop my hair off because of the frustration I'm feeling.
Ummm IDK, I heard you can use it but I don't know how well it would straighten. I had a couple inches of texlaxed hair and it straightened that pretty well. HTH

natstar

Man- I'm trying reallllly hard not to dye my hair. I love the color and the sleekness of your hair-it looks great! Question- How long have u used the midnight black color? Does it dry out your hair at all?

kellylinn77

Man- I'm trying reallllly hard not to dye my hair. I love the color and the sleekness of your hair-it looks great! Question- How long have u used the midnight black color? Does it dry out your hair at all?

I love natural instincts! No, it does not dry my hair out at all. Been using it for a while and I haven't had any adverse effects. I've also used it the same day I've done a relaxer! Thanks for the compliment.

Hot Chocolate-LB

Your hair really looks great. I would love to try it but I am such a chicken. I have not had a relaxer since May, would I be a good candidate for this treatment?

Kneechay

I'm still a little confused at what a BKT does. I'm natural, and does this work just as well? What exactly does it do, relax the waves? Is it permanent? Is this a chemical? Also, I was looking at your pictures which were nice by the way, but do you think the flat ironing may have a lot to do with why your roots were straightened more even after the second wash?