BSSs & Salons in London????

Mimi22

Hey UK ladies.....

I jus wanted some suggestions for Beauty supply stores and good quality salons in London.

I've never seen much salon reviews in the LHCF salon section and I was hoping that this thread would form a good list!

The only BSS I know is in Upton Park, and I hate the 45 minute tube ride to get there :nono:

As for salons, I only know where to get extensions & braids! I would really like a salon where I cant get a good wash n' flatiron.

So if there are any near and around places like Shepard's bush or Central London that you ladies know, list them here please! :grin:

TemiLnd

When i used to get my hair relaxed I'd go to:
http://www.hypecoiffure.com/

They are very good but PRICEY!!!

When im getting a wash and set, braids or treatment i go to Blue Star on Old Kent Road. Its affordable.

But I pretty much do my own hair now.
My pic in my siggy was done by one of the ladies there - Haja. Ayo is also great for braids.

HTH

Last edited:

Ebony Majesty

Shepherd's Bush Green- Mona Cosmetics. It's just before Sainsburys if walking from Shepherds Bush station (Central 'line)
Charlie's is right by Goldhawk Road station
Have you been to Harlesden? There's a bunch of them there :)

Ebony Majesty

Don't go to Cheveux on Shepherds Bush Green to get ur hair done. My friend is never satisfied, and she comes to me now to get her hair done lol

Mimi22

Don't go to Cheveux on Shepherds Bush Green to get ur hair done. My friend is never satisfied, and she comes to me now to get her hair done lol

Shepherd's Bush Green- Mona Cosmetics. It's just before Sainsburys if walking from Shepherds Bush station (Central 'line)
Charlie's is right by Goldhawk Road station
Have you been to Harlesden? There's a bunch of them there :)

wow! thankx for all the info EM!!
I havent been to Harlesden, but I will now that u've suggested it! :yep:

I love love love ur afro! It's gorgeous!!!

vestaluv1

Yes there are loads to BSS's in Harlesden such as
  • Mona Cosmetics
  • The Wig Shop (they don't only sell wigs, they do everything)
Both nice big stores

Kilburn...

• Kiaz (this shop is a bit small mind you)
  • And theres one opposite
As far as hairdressers go DO NOT go to Elimu to get anything done to your hair. I have no idea why I went there twice :wallbash: . I went to get a relaxer touch up the first time... :nono: . OMG, I had the worst set of chemical burns.
Second time, I figured they couldn't get a weave wrong, so I got one done... WRONG!
They used to be called 'Dreamgirl Creations' but the name changed after that scandel reported by the BBC a while back.

I can tell you where you should go however. They do everything very well and the pic in my siggy was taken a day after I went to this salon... Hair Xcellence (on Kilburn High Road). There are an award winning salon like Hype Coiffure, but just not as pricey.

If you go more central than Kilburn, the prices start to go up a bit if you want a decent service.

Last edited:

nubian_beauty

Mimi22, thanks for starting this thread. I’ve been searching for a decent hair salon that does natural hair for a while now. You would think it wouldn’t be so difficult to find a decent hair salon in London!

Also, the puff in your signature looks great. Do you have a regimen?

BlackMarilyn

wow, i was so clueless when i moved to the UK. i had to learn to self relax. not to mention before i moved to london, i was in southampton for a few months and my friend told me she went into a salon and they told her they didnt do black hair. that made me so paranoid. i was too afraid to go to salons.

anyway, i was in east ham for 6months and got my supplies in this hair and sewing shop on the high street lol. then i moved to wood green and i used to get all my stuff right outside of turnpike lane station. it's just south of the station on the high street side. like 1-2min walk away.

i made the mistake of going to that large commercial salon for a haircut. i forget the name now.

Last edited:

Mimi22

Mimi22, thanks for starting this thread. I’ve been searching for a decent hair salon that does natural hair for a while now. You would think it wouldn’t be so difficult to find a decent hair salon in London!

Also, the puff in your signature looks great. Do you have a regimen?

Hey nubian! :grin:
I know the feeling! London is so huge & diverse and finding a quality salon is a pain in the bum :ohwell:

Thankx! I'm a regular co-washer and I :love: jojoba oil
My regi is in my profile; hope its well-explained!!

carib_n_curly

there are Sallys is London there is one in leyton and some more in London

this is a store locator thingy
http://www.salon-services.com/Branches/map1.htm

really and truly shopping online has saved me.i haven't used many sites i found but i know alot where i can get stuff from

they sell jane carter and blended beauty here
http://naturalfrizz.co.uk/shop/

http://www.afrotherapy.com/hair-treatments.html

oh yeah there is this salon in stratford that deals with natural hair and doesn't use mineral oil and that i haven't been there but it does good.they even have a site.it looks kinda pricey but the last time i let a london hair dresser in my hair she burnt it straight so i'm willing to spend
http://www.purelynaturalhair.com/

Mimi22

there are Sallys is London there is one in leyton and some more in London

this is a store locator thingy
http://www.salon-services.com/Branches/map1.htm

really and truly shopping online has saved me.i haven't used many sites i found but i know alot where i can get stuff from

they sell jane carter and blended beauty here
http://naturalfrizz.co.uk/shop/

http://www.afrotherapy.com/hair-treatments.html

oh yeah there is this salon in stratford that deals with natural hair and doesn't use mineral oil and that i haven't been there but it does good.they even have a site.it looks kinda pricey but the last time i let a london hair dresser in my hair she burnt it straight so i'm willing to spend
http://www.purelynaturalhair.com/

:afro:

Wow!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!

*Keep 'em coming ladies!!!!

:grin:

thinbreaksUk

For natural hair you can try Adornment365 inside Morley's department store in Bixton opposite the tube station they also sell Qhemet Biologics products and aubrey organics

temfash

For natural hair you can try Adornment365 inside Morley's department store in Bixton opposite the tube station they also sell Qhemet Biologics products and aubrey organics

Really? thats good to know haven't been to Brixton in years now I have a good reason LOL.

cocomochaa

peckham is bSS central, on one road there is ace, juliets,peckham hair &cosmetics,randomshop1, randomshop2,paks. from keracare to amla oil its all there.

deusa80

Well I'm not in London at the moment...but if you're ever around Dalston Market(Ridley Road Market) there are at least 4 or 5 BSS's on the high street and the market, they're all within a minute or 2 of each other and they all have a pretty good selection of hair products and hair. I know there's one that would most likely have indian hair products, like amla oil, etc.

Also, I know of 1 or 2 BSS's in Woodgreen, don't remember the names, but I know there's one located near the shopping center.

Then, there's the PAK BSS in Finsbury park, well it was there a few years ago...I'm guessing it's still there. I went there a few times, but it was mainly to purchase hair.

I can't think of too many salon's... I know there is one in Stoke Newington that specializes in black hair, but I don't remember the name...(sorry, I never pay much attention to names!) from what I hear they were a bit expensive but did a good job and whenever I passed by they seemed busy. If anyone really wanted to know I could find out...

HTH!

Mis007

The biggest BSS is in Stroud green road called PAKS...they have three stores along that road, a wig/hair store and the others are cosmetics, hair products etc. They get customers all over I have been told, IMO they are more likely to stock many of the products talked about on here...Now for a good hair salon don't really know of one as I do mine myself hence my joining this site...good luck...hth

The biggest BSS is in Stroud green road called PAKS...they have three stores along that road, a wig/hair store and the others are cosmetics, hair products etc. They get customers all over I have been told, IMO they are more likely to stock many of the products talked about on here...Now for a good hair salon don't really know of one as I do mine myself hence my joining this site...good luck...hth

Well I'm not in London at the moment...but if you're ever around Dalston Market(Ridley Road Market) there are at least 4 or 5 BSS's on the high street and the market, they're all within a minute or 2 of each other and they all have a pretty good selection of hair products and hair. I know there's one that would most likely have indian hair products, like amla oil, etc.

Also, I know of 1 or 2 BSS's in Woodgreen, don't remember the names, but I know there's one located near the shopping center.

Then, there's the PAK BSS in Finsbury park, well it was there a few years ago...I'm guessing it's still there. I went there a few times, but it was mainly to purchase hair.

I can't think of too many salon's... I know there is one in Stoke Newington that specializes in black hair, but I don't remember the name...(sorry, I never pay much attention to names!) from what I hear they were a bit expensive but did a good job and whenever I passed by they seemed busy. If anyone really wanted to know I could find out...

HTH!

The Stoke Newington Hairdressers are:

Trends Hair Studio - 155 Stoke Newington High Street, Stoke Newington,
London N16 0NY 020 7254 3350.

aaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd,

Michloren. 127, Stoke Newington High St, London, N16 0PH Tel: 020 7275 8407.

Pak has expanded to Ridley ("Wrigley") Road (Hair and Meat shop in the market - not together! :lachen:) and Peckham (hair). Recession is missing them!:lachen: They sell EVERYTHING you can think off, even my dead grandparents! The Finsbury Park one has the biggest selection and, they do mail order:http://www.pakcosmetics.com/index.aspx

Also, they is a Natural Salon in Hackney and, Tottenham. Haven't been there to give a review: http://www.eftal.com/index.html

I can vouch for Envy in Essex Road, Islington (61 Essex Rd, London, N1 2SF, 020 73540444). My hair came out SWINGING When I used them. They use Affirm and Mizani products. Be prepare to pay West End prices!

Also, The Business Hair Studio. 7, Dalston Lane, Hackney, London, E8 3DF. Tel: 020 7254 7762. The owner (White Guy) Ron, can blowdry the curliest hair (or, has my sis says - picky pieces) mega straight but, I wouldn't let him relax my hair.

Hope someone can find the above useful.

Shouldn't this thread be a sticky? It's a pain trying to scroll through loads of posts to find this one.

Zedster

Hey party people! I'm looking for a salon/hairdresser around central London for my mom that can do a decent weave for around £50 or less. My hair could also use some trimming, so if you know of any good natural stylists, feel free to add them as well. We're also willing to travel for some good work :yep:

The lady my mom currently goes to in the states charges about that much ($70+), but she's been giving her problems lately. Thanks in advance.