O.M.G!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!

MissYocairis

Hi ladies! I figured I had better share this just in case....

So, very early this morning about 4 am, as I was sleeping, I could feel a terrible headache coming on. I slept on through it but around 8am, it was fullblown and I was up. I kept wondering why I had a headache because I just don't get them for no reason. I hadn't been drinking at all the night before. I wasn't having caffeine withdrawls because I have already lowered my caffeine intake weeks ago. So, I ate something thinking it might be low blood sugar. Then, I took two asprin and waited. Then I took some tea with a tiny bit of caffeine in it. Still...a horrific headache. :wallbash:

I asked everyone in the house because I thought, "well, maybe there's a gas leak or radon or something." Nobody else had a headache. My son, who suffers from his allergies first before anyone else in the house didn't even have a headache so I knew it wasn't a sinus headache.

By now, I'm tripping because I cannot lay down and I cannot sit up and the sunlight steaming through my blinds is making it hurt worse. It was beginning to be debilitating. And, this is highly unusual for me. Then, something told me...."go wash your hair." So, I did....I went to the shower, got in...let the water run through my hair for a long time....still HEADACHE...reached for the clarifying shampoo....and I kid you not, within 15-20 seconds of my working that shampoo through my scalp....my headache started to gradually ease up and soon disappear. I realized then, that headache was JUST like the MSM headaches that you get when you take too much. Relentless. :wallbash:

You see...I had put MTG on my scalp two nights in a row and I massaged it in really well both nights. Now, I'm not an MTG newbie. But, I hadn't used it in a long time. And, all I can chalk this up to is that it was a sulfur overload exactly the same as when you take too much MSM. So, be careful with the stuff ladies. Its no joke. Anyone else ever get a headache from MSM on the scalp or any other sulfur heavy scalp treatment?

Noir

Whoooa! Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea it could be that serious.

Glad you're feeling better now.

Toy

About 2 yrs ago i used MTG and thats one of the reason i stopped using it was headaches and bumps.

CurlyMoo

On several threads some of the ladies were asking if they could put MTG on their scalp like MT. Maybe there should be a permanent sticker on this board to worn these ladies. Or maybe a permanent Product Side Effects thread. This is too serious. If you had headaches that means your brain tissue may have been effected. Ladies we have to be careful what we put on our scalp because it could effect more than our hair and scalp.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Hmmm.....I've never had headaches with MTG but thanks for posting because I forgot some people had complaints like that. Happy you're feeling better.

MissYocairis

Thanks ladies. Yes, I agree. I am now freaked out that something was messing with my brain. It was a direct link. How crazy is that? But, we've always known that our scalp is a gateway to our bloodstream and such.

I never had this problem with MTG before when I used to use it regularly a couple of years ago. But, I must have gradually gotten my system used to it then.

I agree that there should be some kind of warning. I wonder what the effects of sulfur are on the brain?

About 2 yrs ago i used MTG and thats one of the reason i stopped using it was headaches and bumps.

Toy, I didn't know that other ladies had experienced the headache thing. Thanks for posting.

michaela

Natural 4b
Thanks ladies. Yes, I agree. I am now freaked out that something was messing with my brain. It was a direct link. How crazy is that? But, we've always known that our scalp is a gateway to our bloodstream and such.

I never had this problem with MTG before when I used to use it regularly a couple of years ago. But, I must have gradually gotten my system used to it then.

I agree that there should be some kind of warning. I wonder what the effects of sulfur are on the brain?

Toy, I didn't know that other ladies had experienced the headache thing. Thanks for posting.

hmmm im wondering this also...

poookie

the exact same relentless headaches happen with me when i leave products with either peppermint oil or menthol in them. the first time it happened, i had no idea what it was. the headache lasted for about 4 days.

MissYocairis

the exact same relentless headaches happen with me when i leave products with either peppermint oil or menthol in them. the first time it happened, i had no idea what it was. the headache lasted for about 4 days.

:blush: Oh no. I don't know how you made it through. I wonder, does MTG have menthol in it? That scalp ain't no joke.

**Tasha*Love**

CBC I get the same reaction with MSM. I started taking it again about two months ago...first I thought I was dealing with a sinus headachedue to the weather changing but these headaches were relentless and agonizing. They were migrane level headaches!!! nono: I started researching MSM and saw that one of the side effects were headaches. I didn't start out at a high dosage but I know that some people are allergic to sulfur...maybe I'm one of them.

PinkPebbles

Hi ladies! I figured I had better share this just in case....

So, very early this morning about 4 am, as I was sleeping, I could feel a terrible headache coming on. I slept on through it but around 8am, it was fullblown and I was up. I kept wondering why I had a headache because I just don't get them for no reason. I hadn't been drinking at all the night before. I wasn't having caffeine withdrawls because I have already lowered my caffeine intake weeks ago. So, I ate something thinking it might be low blood sugar. Then, I took two asprin and waited. Then I took some tea with a tiny bit of caffeine in it. Still...a horrific headache. :wallbash:

I asked everyone in the house because I thought, "well, maybe there's a gas leak or radon or something." Nobody else had a headache. My son, who suffers from his allergies first before anyone else in the house didn't even have a headache so I knew it wasn't a sinus headache.

By now, I'm tripping because I cannot lay down and I cannot sit up and the sunlight steaming through my blinds is making it hurt worse. It was beginning to be debilitating. And, this is highly unusual for me. Then, something told me...."go wash your hair." So, I did....I went to the shower, got in...let the water run through my hair for a long time....still HEADACHE...reached for the clarifying shampoo....and I kid you not, within 15-20 seconds of my working that shampoo through my scalp....my headache started to gradually ease up and soon disappear. I realized then, that headache was JUST like the MSM headaches that you get when you take too much. Relentless. :wallbash:

You see...I had put MTG on my scalp two nights in a row and I massaged it in really well both nights. Now, I'm not an MTG newbie. But, I hadn't used it in a long time. And, all I can chalk this up to is that it was a sulfur overload exactly the same as when you take too much MSM. So, be careful with the stuff ladies. Its no joke. Anyone else ever get a headache from MSM on the scalp or any other sulfur heavy scalp treatment?

I'm glad you figured out what went wrong and was able to correct it.

I experienced terrible headaches with MT which I had to eventually discontinue with its use. I only used this for a short period of time (3 wks) applying very little to a small section of my head. Well apparently this product wasn't for me.

lilmsjanet

ohhhhh i get these all the time but i never thought to wash my hair out lol:grin: but good thing it doesnt get any worse then a severe headache :spinning:

MissYocairis

CBC I get the same reaction with MSM. I started taking it again about two months ago...first I thought I was dealing with a sinus headachedue to the weather changing but these headaches were relentless and agonizing. They were migrane level headaches!!! nono: I started researching MSM and saw that one of the side effects were headaches. I didn't start out at a high dosage but I know that some people are allergic to sulfur...maybe I'm one of them.

:yep::yep::yep:

Those headaches are no joke! I had to go to bed once I got the stuff washed out...I was WORE OUT.

Migraines are horrific. And, MTG/MSM is not to be played with!

MissYocairis

I'm glad you figured out what went wrong and was able to correct it.

I experienced terrible headaches with MT which I had to eventually discontinue with its use. I only used this for a short period of time (3 wks) applying very little to a small section of my head. Well apparently this product wasn't for me.

MT too? It's that sulphur. WOW! You guys, I'm not speaking against these treatments nor am I speaking against MSM. But it is IMPERATIVE that you take it slow and don't overdose on the stuff. You do NOT want to go down the migraine road with this stuff. :nono:

MissYocairis

ohhhhh i get these all the time but i never thought to wash my hair out lol:grin: but good thing it doesnt get any worse then a severe headache :spinning:

:grin: Girl, I was so desparate. I had to get still and pay attention to my body. And, the answer just came. It's crazy. I had the same thing happen when I tried NUVARING. A 3 day headache of migraine proportions...I was panicking and using all kinds of Tylenol and Advil. Something said, "take the ring out, dummy." And, the headache began to subside within 15 minutes. :nono:

4mia

i had headaches with mtg before, now i rinse it out after a couple of hours or the morning after i applied it. I dont see the point of leaving it on your scalp any longer than that.

MissYocairis

i had headaches with mtg before, now i rinse it out after a couple of hours or the morning after i applied it. I dont see the point of leaving it on your scalp any longer than that.

That's probably wise. I usually leave it on for 24 hours but this time I applied it twice within 24 hours and it was just too much. It's potent for sure!

otegwu

MN Headaches where seriously scary topped with the peppermint, i tried to fight it for 3 days, but i had to put it away the pain was 2 much!

hopeful

CBC, this is why I don't use growth aides, I am scared of something like this happening to me and I am prone to bad headaches anyway. I am going to stick with massaging with oils and leave it at that:yep:, I hate headaches more than I love long hair. I'm glad you feel better now.

araceli2418

Wow. So glad you posted this. I've used MTG in the past with no problems but then fell off the wagon. Last month I decided to get it again since I did get amazing growth the first time around.

However, this second time it completely dried out my scalp and parts of my face and neck and made it EXTREMELY dry and itchy. It took me awhile to realize it because I cowash everyday and I have a naturally itchy scalp. It wasn't until I saw what it was doing to my face that I realized there was a problem. I have naturally oily skin but after MTG I had very dry patches on my temples and on the side of my face by the jawline. Needless to say, I will not be using MTG ever again. My hair growth also did not budge the whole month of September.

Tee

I had horrible headaches from MTG when I used it a year or so ago. The smell and the headaches made me stop using it. Glad you figured out what it was.

loveable37

I am glad it work too
I never take any kinda VITAMINS but high pressure pills recommand by my DOCTOR them pills will mess u up over time tha how i found out my HEADACHES takin
HAIR PILLS
MSM
BIOTIN
LOTS OF stuff now my hair grows much faster its wha i eat effect my hair i want my hair to go not takin all kinds of VITAMINS goin against my health.