Which Oils Work the Best on Your Tresses?????

SherryLove

I find that jojoba oil or avocado oil or olive oil works wonderfully with castor oil on my hair. This mixture keeps my tresses moisturized for days.. What oils work better on your hair??????

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Jojoba, Olive, Carrot, and Aloe Vera Oils mixed together.

[/ QUOTE ]
PB--that's an interesting mixture. How often do you apply it to your hair????

Karonica

Re: Which Oils Work the Best on Your Tresses?????

I don't use separate oils, I tend to buy ones that are mixed, like Hot 6 and Botanicals Oils.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Jojoba, Olive, Carrot, and Aloe Vera Oils mixed together.

[/ QUOTE ]
PB--that's an interesting mixture. How often do you apply it to your hair????

[/ QUOTE ]

I apply it either once or twice daily to my ends especially. I probably saturate my scalp with it about once a week. It smells really nice.

Boadicea

Meadowfoam works miracles on my hair. However, for the amount I would need to apply it to all of my hair more than once, it's too expensive right now.

EVOO is second best, followed by Flax and Amla. Jojoba is somewhere in there, but I've only tried it a few times and I can't remember what I did and didn't like about it.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I don't use separate oils, I tend to buy ones that are mixed, like Hot 6 and Botanicals Oils.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... I really like the Hot Six Oil. I find myself reaching for that one the most often.

CrownnGlori

Right now I use Amla oil a couple of times a week for a pre-treatment. Jasmine almost everyday for shine and lubrication.
Previously I mixed Olive, Safflower, Jojoba, Rosemary and Lavender.
I think I have had 3 visible split ends since I started using the right oils regularly.

jainygirl

My hair is 4a/b and I really like Kemi Oyl. I dont use it that often (like once a week if that) and this stuff makes my hair sooo soft
i really like it. that, and it smells good
It also works really well on my sons 3b hair.

GoingBack

I love jojoba and Hot 6 oil. I've been wanting to try the meadowfoam oil for a while now. Boadicea, what benenfits have you noticed?

LABETT

Evvo and Castor Oil works great on my hair.

zanna

Jojoba oil mixed with a comercial blend of oil.
Zanna

Boadicea

Meadowfoam sinks right into my hair and scalp and it still feels very moisturized and is shiny days later. My hair also had slip and it wasn't greasy. Only a small amount is needed, too. I may try it again down the road, because I really liked it.

inthepink

I like Monoi Oil, Lavendar EO, Rosemary EO and Proclaim 7 Oil which I will going back to when I finish my Africa's Best Herbal Oil.

Sherrylove - how do you use your oils?

GoingBack

Cool, I ordered some and hope that it will work just as well for me.

greAtness333

Grrr...I'm really trying to fight buying Jojoba Oil. *Fighting the PJism*

4U2Envy

I would have to say that the jojoba oil keeps my hair very shiny and moisted,but I also use hollywood beauty mayonnaise creme oil with egg protein for ends just about every day. I have to say they both work great

LadyZ

what is Meadowfoam
and where do you buy it
?
thanks

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I like Monoi Oil, Lavendar EO, Rosemary EO and Proclaim 7 Oil which I will going back to when I finish my Africa's Best Herbal Oil.

Sherrylove - how do you use your oils?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove---I use my oil formulation to oil my ends every night, then I cover the ends with a plastic bag. This helps to lock the moisturize in like crazy....